Author Topic: Palin bashers  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: Palin bashers
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »
I'm not a wimp. I am by nature non-violent and use non-violent strategies.

Dirty Sanchez candidate, right there!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
There seems to be more Palin bashing threads every day. There are a lot of comparisons between the Governor and Senator Obama.
Is Sarah Palin running for president?

From the day she was picked to be Senator McCain's running mate, there has been an almost jihaddist fervor to discredit Governor Palin in any way possible. It appears that Palin has strong appeal with the voting public (as evidenced by most polling data) and Senator Obama is no longer the star of the election. I think it's fair to say the democrats are afraid of her popularity eclipsing some of the "rock star" shine that Obama has. So the liberals in here are spewing vitriolic threads like they're on an assembly line. The party that preaches tolerance seems to have none for anyone with an opposing viewpoint. None of this is going to change anyone's mind. The debates will help undecided voters make up their minds. You should worry more about John McCain. All this crying over the opposing V.P. candidate makes you look silly.

Well, they work on two theories.

Theory A: Sling enough turds, and hope that eventually one of them sticks to something.

Theory B: If you cannot produce any results with theory B, then shout anything (or everything) long enough, loud enough, and often enough so that it drowns out the facts.

Ever since Sarah Palin was announced, both theories have been running wide open here. No surprise. The left has an empty suit, proclaiming "hope, and change" and "we are the ones we've been waiting for", while choosing a guy for VP who has been in D.C. damned near since time began. Just about as close to nothing as they've had in the last two elections, if not worse.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
So that those that DO manage to graduate have no useful skills, and under perform in math, English, science, and history.
link?

Graduates pretty much suck at real life tasks, but hey, they feel good about themselves, and they're tolerant.
link?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 07:31:15 PM »
link?

link?

Why, you only post here for entertainment? :t
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 07:33:09 PM »
Well, they work on two theories.

Theory A: Sling enough turds, and hope that eventually one of them sticks to something.

Theory B: If you cannot produce any results with theory B, then shout anything (or everything) long enough, loud enough, and often enough so that it drowns out the facts.

Ever since Sarah Palin was announced, both theories have been running wide open here. No surprise. The left has an empty suit, proclaiming "hope, and change" and "we are the ones we've been waiting for", while choosing a guy for VP who has been in D.C. damned near since time began. Just about as close to nothing as they've had in the last two elections, if not worse.

Only problem with Theory A is that they forget there is no clean end to those turds they pick up and sling......
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 07:38:40 PM »
Yeah. We're MUCH better of with the crap we have for teachers today, worried about "self esteem" and "multi-culturalism". So that those that DO manage to graduate have no useful skills, and under perform in math, English, science, and history. Graduates pretty much suck at real life tasks, but hey, they feel good about themselves, and they're tolerant. :rolleyes:

Multiculturalism is a great thing. I believe it's very valuable to learn about other cultures. School is so much more than the grades you get on a piece of paper. We learn to socialize with others in school. Problem solving is another aspect of life that school helps teach.

I agree that the public school system needs to be revamped. The teachers should be paid more and held more accountable for their student's performance. Also, I think we must realize that globalization applies to education too. I compare schooling in the US to the USA Olympic Basketball team. We (The United States) were a country that was on the top tier of education throughout the world. Our system of government played a huge role in the development of new inventions. We, for the most part, had some of the brightest minds in the world. Now, lets fast forward to present day. Everything that our government did to support our universities is now being done on a world wide level. You have Japan, India, China, and other countries leading the way in the academic world. The US is no longer the "top dog".
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:40:35 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »
Why, you only post here for entertainment? :t
but you post here to link me your info!!! :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
Sadly enough, just flipping around on a quick search, I found the scores below. With a daughter now in college, and a son almost to high school, I've been paying real close attention. I've even looked in on classes and followed the curriculum. It sucks, and the performance is dismal. I could go looking for more data if you really like, but it is terribly depressing. My brother's wife has been teaching for 25 years now. She is a top rated teacher, and she's very good. Unfortunately, teachers like her are the exception rather than the rule. Looking back over my education, and comparing the quality to that of my children, I can honestly say the percentage of teachers that just plain suck has tripled. And we had some bad ones. And the B.S. curriculum is even worse.

Reading Proficiency, National Assessment of Educational Progress,

percentage of students scoring as "proficient".

Type of School    4th Grade    8th Grade    12th Grade
Public                   24%            26%               32%
Private          38%           47%               48%
Roman Catholic      36%               47%                   44%
Other                  41%           48%               56%

Mathematic Proficiency
Type of School                      4th Grade    8th Grade    12th Grade
Public                                      18%             23%               14%
Private: Roman Catholic       22%              32%                22%
Private: Other                           22%          43%            36%

SaVaGe

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 08:31:06 PM »
Unfortunately those numbers are heavily skewed due to the fact that in public schools have masses of kids that just don't care. It's impossible to teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

In fact, the fact that those numbers are as close as they are is kind of sad for private schools IMO.

Edit; the math part seems about right actually. Trying to convince someone with aspirations no higher than being a cashier at McDonald's and not getting hustled when they're buying their crack that they need to learn Trigonometry is an uphill battle at best.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:36:22 PM by Motherland »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »

SKYROCK, TROLLING
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:33:15 PM by Hangtime »
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
As an aside, the truth is that a lot of parents suck these days as well, it's part of the decay of the family unit and the values associated with it. So it is not all the fault of the teachers. But the teacher's union is only making things worse. Further, education has gone down hill since the Federal clowns got involved. It's just another layer of bureaucracy that soaks up money and screws the pooch on a grander scale.

SaVaGe

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
Vouchers & Choice in Education  =  Republicans & Independents

Failed Education = Democrats

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2008, 08:44:57 PM »
Vouchers & Choice in Education  =  Republicans & Independents

Failed Education = Democrats
I wouldn't be surprised to see that vouchers would only result in lower test scores for private schools due to the types of people I mentioned above that they do not currently have to deal with.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »
Sadly enough, just flipping around on a quick search, I found the scores below. With a daughter now in college, and a son almost to high school, I've been paying real close attention. I've even looked in on classes and followed the curriculum. It sucks, and the performance is dismal. I could go looking for more data if you really like, but it is terribly depressing. My brother's wife has been teaching for 25 years now. She is a top rated teacher, and she's very good. Unfortunately, teachers like her are the exception rather than the rule. Looking back over my education, and comparing the quality to that of my children, I can honestly say the percentage of teachers that just plain suck has tripled. And we had some bad ones. And the B.S. curriculum is even worse.

Reading Proficiency, National Assessment of Educational Progress,

percentage of students scoring as "proficient".

Type of School    4th Grade    8th Grade    12th Grade
Public                   24%            26%               32%
Private          38%           47%               48%
Roman Catholic      36%               47%                   44%
Other                  41%           48%               56%

Mathematic Proficiency
Type of School                      4th Grade    8th Grade    12th Grade
Public                                      18%             23%               14%
Private: Roman Catholic       22%              32%                22%
Private: Other                           22%          43%            36%

You said since the 60's. I want to see how much the teaching has went down in the last 40 years.

Proficency is different depending on which state you are looking.  Because of this, these scores are skewed.  Find me the national average of act and sat test scores from, lets say, 1965 through 2005.   It would be interesting to see how much teaching has declined! :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
how much the teaching has went down
Well...I don't think you said you were an English teacher :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/