Author Topic: Time for a new stick  (Read 366 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Time for a new stick
« on: September 20, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »
Well my current 'Logitech Extreme 3D Pro' is going after six trusty months of AH and other various games.  So, now i must start looking for a new one, and wondering what is a good stick for 80$ or less?  If needed I may be able to extend that to 100$ if there is a very good one.  Normally I am one to just go buy the first one i see on the Logitech site, but I am hoping to find one that will last a long while.  Hoping to find one with decent spring tension (have heard the X-52 is a bit loose, rumors?), and easy to reach buttons.  I don't need a seperate throttle control quadrant (unless it comes with the stick), as my set-up does not really allow room for one.  So, I'm sure there is something good out there, sub-100$, anyone have a/some suggestion(s)?

:salute
-Xcelsior
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Time for a new stick
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:15:18 AM »
I've been using a Saitek AV8R since May.  I love it.  Less than $50.  8 Buttons plus the hat with an A/B switch so they double up plus dual throttle controls.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:33:00 AM »
I really like the CH Products sticks.  They are generally about $70-$100 depending on which you get.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:52:12 AM »
I really like the CH Products sticks.  They are generally about $70-$100 depending on which you get.

Except then he has to buy rudders too.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 11:04:52 AM »
Except then he has to buy rudders too.

Only if I want to waste 100$, already use a set :D.  Using a gas/brake pedal set that works rather well, haven't used twisty in about 8 months.

Either way I was looking at CH products due to so many people suggesting them to others.  Only problem was I had never seem 'em below 100$ till now.
I do wonder though, how reliable is that site, Hoarach?  Never heard of it before, so obviously I am skeptical.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
Be sure to check www.provantage.com and search for CH products".  Last time I checked the combatstick was in the $50-60 range.  I have ordered many items from provantage and have never had a problem.  Some squaddies I'm sure will also recommend Provantage.

Happy hunting  :aok

Rob
rob53
The Flying Circus

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
Only if I want to waste 100$, already use a set :D.  Using a gas/brake pedal set that works rather well, haven't used twisty in about 8 months.

Either way I was looking at CH products due to so many people suggesting them to others.  Only problem was I had never seem 'em below 100$ till now.
I do wonder though, how reliable is that site, Hoarach?  Never heard of it before, so obviously I am skeptical.

Xcelsior
shoot me a PM, I have an USB CH Products 586 Combat Stick available seal never broken so warranty might still be valid.............

I just purchased me a new never opened or case opened CH USB Fighter Stick..........

Be sure to check www.provantage.com and search for CH products". 

as Rob53 posted....most 9 out 10 times  provanatage has always seemed to be the lowest priced online store for CH Products........
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:59:58 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC