Author Topic: Cheating - Hacked Planes  (Read 301 times)

Manock

Cheating - Hacked Planes
« on: January 10, 2000, 09:38:00 PM »
Cheating-Hacked planes are a real problem here just as they were in WB and DOA.  Is there a way for the logon procedure to read the operating file and step through it to check it for alterations?  Like an expanded check of the version check upon logon.  I choose to fly reality sims for the time period immersion of here flying in WWII in an accurate plane (modeled as well as can be).  Flying a prop plane against a bunch of F16s is not a simulation but a fantasy.  There are plenty of other online fantasy games to play, and if thats what I wanted would go there.  Nor am I interested in hacking my plane to enhance to everyone elses level.  Flying jet fighters that look like prop planes isnt what Im looking for here in a reality sim.  Can anything be done by HITech to block the cheaters from coming online.

I wont be reading any replys to this post to avoid the flamers but will know if this post taken seriously if I notice any changes.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2000, 12:01:00 AM »
I havent seen ANY FM hacking manock but what I have seen is YOU accussing folks of hacking.

I suggest you get hard data (*proof* for those of you in Rio Linde) and quietly send it to HTC or simply shut up.

A reputation is an easy thing to make but a difficult thing to shake.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline glars

• Copper Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2000, 01:07:00 AM »
Not that you're reading this manock but this isn't WB or DoA so have you got an url for the guncam film of these hacked planes?

------------------
Glars
RNZAF
Maps now available for Beta Terrain
 http://glarsmaps.warbirds.org  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2000, 02:02:00 AM »
Manock;

Going fishing?  

I suggest a spinner jig over plastic worms....

Mino

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2000, 03:53:00 AM »
OK, I admit it.

I have hacked the FM of the B-17G so the engines can run at 46 inches MAP indefinitely, making it such that I can fly at 40,000ft with a full load.
Also hacked in is a GPS-aided, fully computing bombsight so I can hit small targets with great precision from any height or speed.
I also gave the B-17G the computer-aided electrically-operated gun turret system from the B-29.

No amount of shaming or accusations will ever stop me from using these hacks, so you can all go straight to hell!  

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2000, 07:56:00 AM »
"Cheating-Hacked planes are a real problem" for those who really belong in a jeep racing sim.
 Manock you must be one toejamty pilot with a weak ego to have to fal back on whine of cheating.
 At the very least go stuff a sock in it.

Curly

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »
I was on during some of your time of ranting last night, Manock. I knew you would come here to repeat it, so let me say, as others have before me, unless you have definitive proof of cheating (that means "more than your opinion"), you'd be better to keep it to yourself. If you find this game unpalatable, you don't have to play.

Connect quality last night was poor, perhaps the worst I have yet seen on AH. That is what happens online occasionally, you should know that. It will greatly affect what you see.

The mature way you went on open channel and basically accused everyone of cheating left a lot to be desired. It had all the impact of a 4 year-old throwing himself to the ground kicking and screaming. Yeah, we noticed you, and some (myself included) tried to calm you down.

We don't have to be friends, we don't even have to like one another (et al) but if you don't treat those around you with some respect, you'll find a line in the Readme.txt to this effect:

Procedures to insure a pleasurable flight:

Step 1: Type .squelch Manock
Step 2: Enjoy your flight!

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
Hacked in what way??

This must have happened after I logged for the evening.

GunCam is the best way to even start to make an accusation, because you at least have a little proof to back you up.  

Otherwise, people are just gonna slam you.

------------------
Vermillion
WB's: (verm--), **MOL**, Men of Leisure,
"Real men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires ;) "

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2000, 11:08:00 AM »
Hacked planes in WB and DOA ?

I've played a WB for over 2 years now and i never saw a hacked plane. I did see people screw with their connects - but not hacked planes.

FYI - warbirds checks the files on your HD for hacks when you log on  
I'm sire HT included the same in AH.

Word of advice for you:
If someone kills you - it's most likely because you suck as a pilot - not because they hack. Take it like a man...

------------------

Bartlomiej Rajewski
S/L fd-ski Sq. 303 (Polish) "Kosciuszko" RAF
   www.raf303.org  

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2000, 12:54:00 PM »
hacked FM files...dont think so.
but there is still a group of consistant cheaters in the game so lets not get to indignant...
Small in numbers but it can really drag you out of the imersion some times...
Guess I just have to learn to live with it.

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2000, 02:24:00 PM »
Hey guys, maybe he's right.
I saw an SR-71 scream across the screen last night, or maybe it was that UFO some one reported earlier. It was so fast, I never got a chance to even twitch my finger.  
I would be 99% sure it was someones laggy connection that caused that abhoration to occur.

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2000, 03:22:00 PM »
Dolomite and Minotaur shot me down with their hacked, cheating planes!!

I couldn't get a guncam of it becuse they are always behind me!!

Deep down inside I knew the reason I get shot down wasn't that I was a crappy pilot, it was those hacked planes that all of my enemy uses!   HA! The secert is out!!!

I'll be wearing my anti-hacked plane T-Shirt next time I'm up!!  We'll see who is smokin and explodin then boys!!!

See ya then Dolo and Mino!!!!!

Ooooooops! Better put a few smiley's on here so noone take me seriously!        

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2000, 03:25:00 PM »
This reminds me....

Is there a way to squelch channel 1?  

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2000, 03:47:00 PM »
Never would do that, Swager!   We do seem to have crossed paths a lot lately. If I were a squad type person, you'd be a guy I'd want! S!

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Cheating - Hacked Planes
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »
Fd ski,

There has been hackers in WB/DoA (isnt those both same, just with different planes..)

In DoA there were sometimes rockets and 20mm gun armed planes, not to talk about one which did fly with speed of 262... (someone had taken WB birds to DoA)

I guess you some remember still WB 1 and when there suddenly appeared Me262's in hands of others than ICI staff...

Theres always someone hacking, more or less, nobody can prevent them from doing it, but most likely that hacker will be caught after that.

In AH, most "hacks" I've seen, has been like abusing of bugs and warps on purpose