Author Topic: Mid war arena  (Read 9467 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mid war arena
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »
Like the day me u and slap fended off the Nit Horde and saved our base  :aok

Yup ... the same day ... much fun that day flying for the Bish.

I only HOed once and that was on a Zeke that pulled tight into me (who already tried to HO me twice) ... while 2 F6Fs were diving down on me ... felt I had to dispatch the Zeke pronto to maybe have a chance against the HellCats
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2008, 12:04:47 AM »
Yup ... the same day ... much fun that day flying for the Bish.

I only HOed once and that was on a Zeke that pulled tight into me (who already tried to HO me twice) ... while 2 F6Fs were diving down on me ... felt I had to dispatch the Zeke pronto to maybe have a chance against the HellCats

who would try to ho in a zeke?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
I went up in MW last night. 40 was being jumped by about 10 cons. The first 2 cons I meet had alt and both promptly tried to Ho. If your outnumbered I can understand a desperate Ho but when you have the numbers it is just sad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
The first 2 cons I meet had alt and both promptly tried to Ho. If your outnumbered I can understand a desperate Ho but when you have the numbers it is just sad.

Although I was not quite there yet, I was part of the take of 40 last night.  My squad just moved to MW this tour (flying mostly Rook), and I've got to say that I've never encountered so many merges met with guns blazing towards my face as I've seen in this first week in MW.

I never HO unless, as you say, it's a desperate attempt to save a base or I'm outnumbered at least 3 to 1.  But I have quickly grown to realize that's the tactic that seemingly 75% of the enemy airforces employ in MW.  Oh yeah, and people screaming down from a 20k alt advantage to pick me while I'm trying to work towards an advantage to actually kill someone.

Guess it's time to practice these new tactics more.  :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2008, 08:42:17 AM »
Although I was not quite there yet, I was part of the take of 40 last night.  My squad just moved to MW this tour (flying mostly Rook), and I've got to say that I've never encountered so many merges met with guns blazing towards my face as I've seen in this first week in MW.

I never HO unless, as you say, it's a desperate attempt to save a base or I'm outnumbered at least 3 to 1.  But I have quickly grown to realize that's the tactic that seemingly 75% of the enemy airforces employ in MW.  Oh yeah, and people screaming down from a 20k alt advantage to pick me while I'm trying to work towards an advantage to actually kill someone.

Guess it's time to practice these new tactics more.  :D

DOT......

it didn't used to be this way. this is all been happening the last few weeks.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
it didn't used to be this way. this is all been happening the last few weeks.

I'm not one to change who I am and be swayed by the masses.  I'll just get better at evasive techniques and kick their butts the good old-fashioned way.  But it's a sad commentary on the state of the cartoon world.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55:40 AM »
I'm not one to change who I am and be swayed by the masses.  I'll just get better at evasive techniques and kick their butts the good old-fashioned way.  But it's a sad commentary on the state of the cartoon world.

well......i'll look for yas when i'm on. especially if it means a good fight. i'm usually in my hellkitty, and sometimes one of the zekes(furballs). i fly knight almost exclusivly. if the sides are seriously unbalanced, then i switch sometimes, but haven't needed to do that lately.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:22 AM »
who would try to ho in a zeke?

68dummy

Don't underestimate the cannons on the Zeke ... they pack quite a punch.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »
68dummy

Don't underestimate the cannons on the Zeke ... they pack quite a punch.

oo i know they do. a couple weeks ago, i had a guy in a p47 took 3 ho passes at me....he'd extend way out, turn into me, and start firing about 2k out....looked like he was holding his trigger the whole way in. 4th pass, i didn't dodge.(i was in a6m5b) i opened up at 1.5, saw rounds walking in from his wings to the fuse.....he went boom. unfortunatly, seeing as i held the line too long, so did i from the resulting collision.

seperate subject......the other night i accused you of ho'in me. i went through all my films last night looking for it, but cannot find it.
 based on the fact that i've never heard of you doing it before, and akak says he's rarely seen ya do it, i hae to assume it was an of angle.....and will apologize for the accusation.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2008, 09:22:17 AM »
I went up in MW last night. 40 was being jumped by about 10 cons. The first 2 cons I meet had alt and both promptly tried to Ho. If your outnumbered I can understand a desperate Ho but when you have the numbers it is just sad.

Let me guess. They were either Typhies or Ponies.

This "Craptic" is becoming way too common and unfortunately, acceptable. I have taken the time in the past year to really become better at turn fighting and I am having a blast doing it. All these A-HOles are just lazy.

If your one of these who looks to justify this tactic as the norm, fine it's your 15 bucks. But remember this, no matter how many times you see your name in lights and at the top of the ranks because of this "style", you still suck.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2008, 09:38:11 AM »
Let me guess. They were either Typhies or Ponies.

This "Craptic" is becoming way too common and unfortunately, acceptable. I have taken the time in the past year to really become better at turn fighting and I am having a blast doing it. All these A-HOles are just lazy.

If your one of these who looks to justify this tactic as the norm, fine it's your 15 bucks. But remember this, no matter how many times you see your name in lights and at the top of the ranks because of this "style", you still suck.

i don't see too many tiffies in mw....some pony drivers though, but they don't need their virtual astronaught suits. :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2008, 09:59:21 AM »
Typh and zeek... the pony was later. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2008, 10:33:23 AM »
i don't see too many tiffies in mw....some pony drivers though, but they don't need their virtual astronaught suits. :rofl

I think I'm just irritated in general. Not being too specific about an Arena, just some of the people.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2008, 10:38:29 AM »
For what's worth I had a grand 'ol time in MW last night.  Someone was attacking V46 and A45 on the Baltic map.  I don't recall who, hell I don't remember what country I was on at the time.  Winged up with Tbarone and Larry and had some good brawls, few others joined in felt like we were always a little out numbered but it wasn't very lopsided.  Had a couple really good scrapes with Einhorn in his F4U to end the night, won some lost some, good times.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2008, 10:54:44 AM »
lol Einhorn was at alt... I saw him poping in and out of icon. I was climbing out and typing on open channel with others. All of a sudden I'm taking hits and then boom...... Einhorn runs into me.   :rofl

Boy I laughed so hard after that. He said he thought would have done better had he not hit my plane with his. He is fun to fight at alt or on the deck.... always a good time.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"