Author Topic: Please readme :)  (Read 157 times)

ArTcOrE

Please readme :)
« on: January 15, 2000, 11:04:00 AM »
I really LOVE aces high but i thing really gets me crazy&sick that is why is there no auto padlock feature like in other sims (u know when the head auto follows the enemy plane in the cockpit).
I would be soooo much easyer to get rid of the bad views in the fightercockpits and it sure dont hits realism because he in reality i turn my head to an target and i can still lock&look on the target  
I`d prefer the EAW padlock system it still rocks. thx

214CaveJ

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2000, 11:57:00 AM »
we dinnae get anything they dinnae have in WWII =)
Instead of a padlock view, there's a great view system you can customize some, and then follow your target yourself w/ the view keys =)

AJRimmer

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2000, 12:29:00 PM »
we dinnae get anything they dinnae have in WWII

What he's referring to I believe is the feature used in RB2 (for 1) that allows the view to simulate head movement following the target... umm pilots heads did move in WW2 didn't they?  

------------------
A.J.Rimmer
Capt. of the B-17 "MilkRun".

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
<<What he's referring to I believe is the feature used in RB2 (for 1) that allows the view to simulate head movement following the target... umm pilots heads did move in
              WW2 didn't they?  >>

Pilots' heads moved when the pilots moved them, not by some magical unseen force which could track an opponent for you.  Padlock is for gamers, not simmers.

--ra--

AJRimmer

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2000, 12:44:00 PM »
Pilots' heads moved when the pilots moved them

Which is exactly what this view simulates... a fluid motion of the head following the target.

I guess you guys haven't seen this type of view before or at least we're not talking the same view. Realistic head movement has nothing to do with "simmers" or "gamers".

------------------
A.J.Rimmer

[This message has been edited by AJRimmer (edited 01-15-2000).]

ArTcOrE

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2000, 12:45:00 PM »
yep i meand exactly the head movement like in EAW.Hate it to press the stupid keys or the HAT of the stick its so out of date.
..going to buy me now an virtual reality headset  
and if this is realism hmmm did the pilots in the planes also pressed a key then the head of them moved backwards hehe

Offline glars

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2000, 03:01:00 PM »
You want padlock?

Yeah bring it on and let's see how long people use it.

I've got plenty of bullets for target-fixated badguys.

------------------
Glars
RNZAF
Maps now available for Beta Terrain
 http://glarsmaps.warbirds.org  

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2000, 03:11:00 PM »
...and this whole thread is a retread. We had this fight about a month ago, I believe.  

AJRimmer

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2000, 06:52:00 PM »
hehehe Glars I am a B-17 pilot so I won't have to worry about fixation all that much   (thanks for the maps btw).

------------------
A.J.Rimmer