Author Topic: David Letterman speaks the truth..  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Re: David Letterman speaks the truth..
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »
No, they were elected to do a job, serve as part of our legislature.  The business of campaigning can be carried out by proxy.  Debates can be rescheduled.  5 weeks, 5 days is plenty of time for 4 dog and pony shows.  I say do what you have ALREADY been elected to do and go on record officially and be prepared to defend your vote to the American people.  We are being saddled for the bill for this, we deserve full representation.  I think they should do the job they are being paid to do right now.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
No, they were elected to do a job, serve as part of our legislature.  The business of campaigning can be carried out by proxy.  Debates can be rescheduled.  5 weeks, 5 days is plenty of time for 4 dog and pony shows.  I say do what you have ALREADY been elected to do and go on record officially and be prepared to defend your vote to the American people.  We are being saddled for the bill for this, we deserve full representation.  I think they should do the job they are being paid to do right now.

The bill has been agreed to already and gets signed tomorrow.. McCain has no excuse or grounds to dodge the debate now, the job is done..
"strafing"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2008, 05:53:21 PM »
This bill doesn't sound like something that a Senator can just show up and be fully informed and ready to go in a day or two, I'd much rather let the Senators who have been there dealing with this issue handle it.

Right now this guys job is to get ready to be president if thats what he wants, he signed up for this commitment.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »
  Man Dems are foaming at the lips over a female getting on the ticket that isnt Hilldawg.This is a royal riot :rofl :rofl
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »
The bill has been agreed to already and gets signed tomorrow.. McCain has no excuse or grounds to dodge the debate now, the job is done..

Id check again.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
Id check again.

Well it was agreed to, then the Republicans backed out. Your own guys don't even support the President and his must have bill.
"strafing"

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
Well it was agreed to, then the Republicans backed out. Your own guys don't even support the President and his must have bill.

I dont have any guys. Maybe they didn't support it cause it suked...had to many provisions they didnt like...maybe it was just f'ed up....NOOO..couldn't be that. Must have been a wingnut rightwing stunt.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »
Dems love to give away money..Rep have to think it over.

See who is smarter?? It was your Democratic president that started this whole mess...you know
pressure banks to give loans to people that could'nt afford them...That was slick willy.

See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2008, 07:10:01 PM »
My senator doesn't support the bill or any bailout... as far as I am concerned this is not a done deal.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2008, 08:20:06 PM »

See who is smarter?? It was your Democratic president that started this whole mess...you know
pressure banks to give loans to people that could'nt afford them...That was slick willy.

Give the man a cigar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »
We don't have a couple of weeks to burn with the debates. The election is Nov 5th they have 4 debates to do in that time frame. Today is the 24th of September the election is on  Nov 5th which is a Wednesday and that is exactly 5 weeks from yesterday.

My guess is McCain is trying to push the VP debate out of the works then play the we can't meet the schedule routine so she doesn't have to debate. He doesn't want to put her on the stage with Biden.  However, now that the deal has been sealed there is no legit excuse for McCain to miss the Friday debate. If he does then he is simply dodging it trying to push away the VP debate.

LOL.. public education.  :huh
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »
LOL.. public education.  :huh
Crockett it's always on Tuesday.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:48 PM »
 Yup the bill hasnt been passed.Ahh that good coverage from CNN is wrong yet again.Go figure. Come one come all get your facts from CNN and Letterman :rofl
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2008, 10:07:51 PM »
Actually he had a lot of good things to say about McCain however it seems he understands you can still like someone and also speak your opinion about them. I get the impression Letterman really likes McCain or at least the "old McCain" but he thinks Palin was a horrible pick and isn't scared to say it.

As a side note this is a interview that was posted on youtube yesterday with Palin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg6hF0nShQ

Just watch this interview and she just doesn't have a clue. If she gets hit with a question she doesn't have a scripted response for, she just doesn't have a clue as to what to say. It's no wonder McCain couldn't trust her to run the campaign for a few days. She just bables, if she doesn't have a scripted answer.

Dunno. but I saw an interview last night with the Ex CEO of Shell Oil (I think it was)
The subject of Palin came up and the interviewer asked him
"You had a couple of run ins with Palin didnt you?"

He responded
"Oh yea, She's the real deal. dont underestimate her.
She let us know in no uncertain terms exactly who was running Alaska. And it wasnt the Oil companies."
He added that while they were able to work with her. It was clear that the government was going ot tell the oil companies how it was going to be done, Not the other way around.

Now she may not have "faced down" the leadership of a forgien government.
But Big Oil is damn near just as good if not damn near the same thing.
In my not so humble opinion.

I like Palin.
I like her a hell of alot more then I like McCain
I wish the ticket were the other way around.

I havent looked at that video yet but I do know that if you follow someone around with a camera long enough. You sure to get some real gaffs

It is my understanding that there are a bunch of YouTube videos out of Bidin has been making quite the fool of himself lately too.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2008, 10:10:49 PM »

And a Republican controlled congress that also approved it.

They ALL share blame
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty