Author Topic: David Letterman speaks the truth..  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: David Letterman speaks the truth..
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
That's better odds than I'd give Obama with Hillary chomping at the bit for the job.

:uhoh

I'm not sure what odds I'd give Obama in that situation.  I'm not sure I could even go 50/50. :uhoh
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
:uhoh

I'm not sure what odds I'd give Obama in that situation.  I'm not sure I could even go 50/50. :uhoh

She doesn't have to be VP to run for the job in 4 years. If Obama wins this election it will still be in her interest to see him "unavailable" for the next.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »
Letterman has more class in his right pinkie than Oreily has in his whole soul. :aok

and O'Riely has more class than you , who cares. At least O'Reily hasn't made a video explaining  how awesome they are at a cartoon flying game. Again..... who cares.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »
Who cares? Seriously.....McCain statistically has something like an 85% chance to survive his 4 year term as President (assuming he wins the election). It simply isn't a big enough issue for me to worry about. Why you do is beyond me.

Let me throw 4 fastballs at your head with a 15% chance of striking you. Would that be a "big enough" issue to wear a helmet...or do you take the chance?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:49:24 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
and O'Riely has more class than you , who cares. At least O'Reily hasn't made a video explaining  how awesome they are at a cartoon flying game. Again..... who cares.

You really did write those words together... "O'Reilly" and "class".  This was the same guy that was surprised that the patrons of an exclusively African American restaurant were " using utensils and everything!"
Unreal, you are.  Although, it is debateable if Skyrock surpasses that measurement of class (just joking!), don't make a blanket statement assigning O'Reilly any semblance of such.  It is incontravertable he has anything BUT class.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »
You really did write those words together... "O'Reilly" and "class".  This was the same guy that was surprised that the patrons of an exclusively African American restaurant were " using utensils and everything!"
Unreal, you are.  Although, it is debateable if Skyrock surpasses that measurement of class (just joking!), don't make a blanket statement assigning O'Reilly any semblance of such.  It is incontravertable he has anything BUT class.

At least he is entertaining, class or no class ,skyrocks video on the other hand was funnier than letterman ever could be.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »
It is this simple . Campaigning will inject partisanship into this matter . The one thing we don't need is partisanship at this point . Take pelosi's speech for example . Is anyone really simple enough to think there isn't enough blame for both parties in this fiasco ? I want the campaigning and the partisan BS to stop until this is handled . No GD earmarks, some freakin oversight , the responsible parties on Wall street held accountable . :mad:

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
Let me throw 4 fastballs at your head with a 15% chance of striking you. Would that be a "big enough" issue to wear a helmet...or do you take the chance?

Isn't that Ageism?  Shouldn't McCain be considered for the job regardless of his age or physical challenges?

Isn't that like a business owner saying he doesn't want to hire a woman manager because there is a good statistical chance she'll end up getting pregnant in the next 4 years and leave him in a bind?

Ladies and Gents, I present for your amusement:  Liberal Hypocrisy! (psst take your bow Moron...er Moray)

:rolleyes:,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2008, 10:31:16 PM »
 And they pushed so hard for equal rights.Friggin tardletts are showing their colors big time now. :rofl
Thank HT he isnt in a wheelchair smokin cigars.....um....nevermind.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2008, 02:51:26 AM »
Isn't that Ageism?  Shouldn't McCain be considered for the job regardless of his age or physical challenges?

Isn't that like a business owner saying he doesn't want to hire a woman manager because there is a good statistical chance she'll end up getting pregnant in the next 4 years and leave him in a bind?

Ladies and Gents, I present for your amusement:  Liberal Hypocrisy! (psst take your bow Moron...er Moray)

:rolleyes:,
Wab

Wab... he is being considered for the job, that's why he's on the ticket.   I'm not hiring him based on his age, I don't like his views of today.  In 2000, I would have voted for him.  I was simply giving the other poster  a subjective frame of view.  If there's a 15% chance of getting hit squarely between the eyes by a fastball, you do something about it.  It's the frame of reference.  I suppose you don't remember Reagan in his later years in the office.... stumbling over sentences and words in the early stages of Alzheimer's.  Second, a female employee that gets pregnant, is only pregnant.  She's coming back.  A dead somebody...is...well...not coming back.  I guess you think that it's "ageism" that seniors over 65 be tested physically every year to drive, also. 

Do me a favor.  Look up "Liberal"  in the dictionary.  Let me know what it means.  You know what... I'll save you the work.  Instead of trouncing a position you know nothing about, obviously... figure out exactly wtf you are using as a label...maybe understand the meaning of the word. Thanks for the compliment, idiot. 

lib·er·al      /ˈlɪbərəl, ˈlɪbrəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs. 
2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform. 
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism. 
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.  
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers. 
6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.  
7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners. 
8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.  
9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor. 
10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation. 
11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule. 
12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts. 
13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.

It would seem, as you think that the word "liberal" is a bad title to have; that you don't agree with any of the above ideas.  If that is the case,  in short, you are a close-minded, intolerant bigot tightwad, who believes in minimum freedoms for anyone, unless placed squarely within aristocratic ruling class.  In short, another King Bush.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:11:33 AM by MORAY37 »
-Ambrose Bierce