Author Topic: WMLute  (Read 3600 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Re: WMLute
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
 Damn shame.Hope everything gets replaced in good time and you get back up and running. :salute
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »
YIKES!! Good to hear Lute got out with his health mostly undamaged and was able to salvage a few things.

And thanks lotus for keeping us informed.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »
best wishes! :pray :salute

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
I replied on the other topic, and I would like to extend a donate to WMlute if anyone can contact him and let me get his mailing information,
I am not going to accept no, so if someone can pm me a cell number to him, or way to contact him or have him contact me, please just send me a pm.

It won't be enough cash to replace memories, but I lost my birth home to a fire many years ago and many memories were wiped clean,
I hate to see that happen to friend of the community.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »
Sheesh - best wishes Lute, hope your doing as well as can be expected.
Lemme know if there is anything I can do - dont have paypal, so if someone could pm/relay some contact info, would be appreciated.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 05:33:35 PM »
I replied on the other topic, and I would like to extend a donate to WMlute if anyone can contact him and let me get his mailing information,
I am not going to accept no, so if someone can pm me a cell number to him, or way to contact him or have him contact me, please just send me a pm.

It won't be enough cash to replace memories, but I lost my birth home to a fire many years ago and many memories were wiped clean,
I hate to see that happen to friend of the community.

there is a link to donate through paypal if you are not afraid to use it, I donated through the paypal link. :salute
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 10:52:04 PM »
Just checking in to express thanks again to you all.  Anyone posting phone numbers - I am giving them to Lute when I speak with him.

As this thread has become multiple pages - I am reposting the donations link for anyone who cares to do so.  He does not have an address where mail can get to him as of yet - if you wish to send anything - you may PM me and I will give you mailing information.  I am hoping to go see him next week and help him find a place to live and get settled.  I know he was calling on some today.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts and kind words that keep pouring in.  Truly a great bunch!

WMLute/FlockEwe Fire Fund

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »
First off I would like to thank everybody for their kind wishes.  This community never fails to surprise me, and I am honored to be a part of such a wonderfull group of people that play "airplane".  (as Lotus calls it)  Gota keep this fairly short as I am on the Hotels office computer.

The past 5 days have  been far from pleasant.

Was woken up last Thur. morning to a Police Officer trying to kick down my front door.  Hurridly put on some jeans and got to the door before he got it kicked in and was told "your house is on fire! Get the hell out!" and he ran off.  So I flip on the lights and notice @ a foot of smoke near my ceilings and immediatly walked to my computer and started tearing the cables out and prepping it to move.  I started staging things by my front door, clothes, a TV, computer, guitar, etc.  Not much, but what I could grab quickly as the smoke was filing up my apartment.

Then I started moving that pile a bit away from the house down a walkway on the side.  @ then is when I first collapsed.  Just suddenly had to lay down and not move for a min. or 3.  Forced myself to get back up and got the pile o' my worldy possesions moved into a neighbors yard (casting angry glares at the several people 20' away just watching me do this filming the fire on their cell phones)  Got it moved (mostly) into the neighbors yard and suddenly had to lay down again (not that I had a choice, found myself on my back) and it was a good 10min untill I could get up.  At THIS point I found someone who helped me move it from the yard to my car as what I did manage to save was getting hosed down by the fire dept.

There were around 12 fire trucks from 4 diff departments there.  The fire was so far along that when the fire dept. showed up they could only fight it from the outside.  Why I don't understand is why I was allowed to keep going back for more stuff, but i'm glad I did.  SOME stuff is better than NO stuff.  Granted, i'm an idiot for doing so as the house could have collapsed on me at any time and the place was full of smoke.

The house is gone.  It is a burned out shell.  The roof, 3rd and 2nd story collapsed down into the first floor.

I am very greatfull to the American Red Cross who not only have put me up in a hotel this past weekend, but they decided to extend it for me untill Wed.  Class act and I will be a loyal donater to that org. for the rest of my life.  They really came through for me and the other people that lived there.

I don't think I will be able to fly untill I move into something a bit more permanent, but who knows...  The addiction is STRONG and I am jonsin' a fix.

Funny sidebar, of all the things I grabbed that I thought I HAD to have, I grabbed not only my joystick, but my backup joystick.

So even though I do not have most of my clothes, zero kitchen items, furniture, sheets, towles etc, etc... by gosh I have two SideWinder Precision Joysticks to fly with.

(i'm a dork)

Again, my thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and prayers.
<SALUTE> to you all!

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »
Glad to hear from you Lute and its good to hear your doing alright! Red Cross is a really a class act organization.

:salute sir, I hope everything goes well for you and i hope to see you back in the skies soon.

Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
Your a lucky man Lute....Hope everything works out for ya.  :salute

See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »
Lute - I have been keeping your fellow flyers entertained while you were out of commission - as you know.  Now that you have net for at least thru Wednesday - does that mean I no longer need to read to you at night? ;) 

I'm sure that everyone is glad to hear from you and know that you are alright.  You got a good bunch of guys and gals here.  You are very fortunate in many ways.

Oh, btw - Lute, buddy, honey - we gotta talk - you couldn't get the book I got you for your bday - but you thought to grab your back up joystick????  OMG - you are a dork - you said it, not me!!   :rolleyes: Oh - I forgive you - I know how important "playing airplane" is to you!   ;)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:11 PM »
Lute, my offer still stands.   If you need ANYTHING, you have the number.   

As I said yesterday when chatting with you:

God Bless You.   You've always been a stand up guy in the game and we're now on the same page on what "this is about". 

Cheers!   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
I agree sidewinder II s are hard to come by, thank god you had not lost your reasoning power.  Chris hope all is well and tell BIG RED to buy  you another darn book, sidewinders are an endangered species as well as WIDOWMAKERS<S> :O
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:19:44 PM by teufl »
It's not vulching, It's FIELD SUPPRESSION

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. At least your alive, thank  :pray God that someone was there to wake you up in time and you didnt get hurt. 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »
Lotus,
You may not fully understand the addictive powers of "playing Airplane".
My house is a shambles, albeit not destroyed, only a remodel because my wife would not listen to me about NOT putting RV type filters on her new washing machine. There first came the flood, the removal of wet wall to wall carpet, the repainting of the inside of the house and since the painter is here anyway, why not do the outside, the new windows, the new granite kitchen counter tops, then an up grade to tile and new sinks in both baths, new everything, actually, in the baths, except for the toilets and bath tubs, the new dishwasher to match the new stove to match the new refrigerator to match the new counter tops and linoleum (there is more, much more, but you get the idea) We are living in our travel trailer in the front yard, and all of our "stuff" is in two 40 foot cargo containers in the driveway.....
The point of which is, my computer is in one corner of the garage, on the floor, and I have to sit crosslegged to fly. Not even enough room to stretch my legs with out standing up, which has to be done carefully, so as not to bump my head on her cabinets..IN MY GARAGE!
Addiction is a terrible thing!!
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.