Author Topic: WMLute  (Read 3611 times)

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
WMLute
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:33:10 AM »
Many of you do not know me as I do not actually "fly" AH, but became interested or involved in the game via WMLute.  To his WM squaddies, I am affectionately known as "Red".  More of you may know me as "LadyLindy" on HoboWars.  I am posting today to ask that you keep Lute in your thoughts and prayers as he struggles to get back on his feet after his home burned down early yesterday morning.

He was renting a first floor apartment in a large Victorian that was renovated into several apartments. From what he told me and what he knows right now, it started in one of the upper levels. The cops and firemen knocked on his door alerting him of the fire. He was able to get his pc (which took on a bit of overspray from the firehoses), guitar, tv, and most of his clothes out, but lost everything else. He said that if there was anything left to salvage, it would still be trash due to the smoke and water damage.

The American Red Cross is providing hotel accommodations for Lute (and the others that lived in the house) through the weekend. One of the ladies that lived there worked at a local restaurant and her boss offered them meals for today or through the weekend.

Here's what they have said on the news:

The fire started just before 7 a.m.

Neighbors said they could see the flames shooting through the roof.

"Oh yeah it was shooting out of that loft, it was as high as my roof, that's how bad it was,"said one neighbor.

Another neighbor stated, "From what I understand the floor was already gone by the time the firemen got here. It had already fallen through to the second floor."

The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The Red Cross is helping five adults with food and shelter.

He suffered a great deal of smoke inhalation and collapsed a couple of times trying to save his belongings.  He said that just mintes after he made his last trip out, the second story floor collapsed into his living space.  I can tell by talking to him that he is still in a state of traumatic shock and reality has not quite settled in as of yet.

At the suggestion of members of the HW -Aces High- gang, I have set up an account via PayPal to accept donations.  Anyone wishing to make donations to WMLute (aka FlockEwe on HoboWars) may do so at the link below. Please trust that all proceeds will be made available to him, and all transactions will be kept anonymous/confidential.

I will keep all of you in the AH Community updated as Lute recovers from this tragic ordeal.  Hopefully he can salvage his pc (once he finds a new home) so he can get back online and in the air.

WMLute/FlockEwe Fire Fund

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: WMLute
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
So sorry to hear of his losses. On the other hand I'm very glad he got out in time and managed to save something, but mostly that he got out in tie. The rest is just "stuff" and can be replaced, people can't.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »
Oh wow!  Very sorry to hear this, glad he is going to be ok.  Please send him our best wishes.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:59:32 PM »
 tell the dumbarse he has smoke inhalation and needs about 4-8 hours of high flow o2.  Being a respitatory therapist, man this is what I do!  Lute get well and if he went to the ER they should have drawn a met-hemaglobin and gave him :furious :furious some oxygen.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:11:52 PM by teufl »
It's not vulching, It's FIELD SUPPRESSION

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
I have been telling him since yesterday that he needed to go get some O2 and get his tail to the ER to be checked - in the medical field myself I kinda of know a couple of things.  I'll tell him what yousaid ;)

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 09:37:55 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear of Lute's misfortune.

Is Lute also "Lutrel" of warbirds fame?

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:39:50 PM »
No to the warbirds was in airwarrior, in the widowmakers :aok

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »
Extremely sorry to hear this! Please pass along my best wishes to him!
 :salute

Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:21:32 PM »
Holy cow...Glad he is ok.....sorry to hear about this. :salute
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 10:40:15 PM »
 :salute Lute hope everything works out
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Curlew

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 12:11:05 AM »
Hope to see you back soon buddy  :salute
It is I, Ens. Pulver! And I have just thrown your palm tree overboard!
Quote from: Helm
The best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Callsign---Curlew

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 12:56:54 PM »
God Speed Lute, Glad you are ok, and you all keep telling me to be safe, sheesh...
Does anyone know how I can donate without paypal, cannot access the page where I am at.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »
Easiest way I see is send a check to someone with PP, and they can donate for ya.  Or mail it to his GF......Skip :D

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »
Don't screw around Lute dood .. O2 is your friend.. keep the lil doods in yer lungs workin instead of dyin off and losing lung capacity!

You do NOT wannabe a COPD case.
(Chronic Obstructed Pulmonary Disease for those who dont know it, generalization applied to anyone who loses O2 exchange ability thru any pulmonary problem)

Sucks to suffocate.
Slowly.

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »
Deepest sympathys for Lute, he is a good guy, like most in AH, and would hate to see this happen to most people in the game.
<S> Lute, hope you get back on you feet soon.

P.S At least you saved the computer! :D
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."