Author Topic: Preprosterous IL-2 Accusation  (Read 4715 times)

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
Re: Preprosterous IL-2 Accusation
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »
Newman, honestly, I doubt it. With the caliber (no pun intended) of players that are mostly online now, they equate volume of fire with destruction potential. Without fail, 90% of the time that I bring an Ostwind out for base Defense or Offense, I get at least 1-2 people asking why I am driving that "Outdated, slow firing, POS." I guess like most things I see in the game right now, some people would rather spray 1,000 rounds and pray that through shear volume of fire, maybe hit 1 target, instead of taking the time and practice to learn the slower firing Ostwind, and fire 5-10 rounds, and take down a hardened target, such as the IL2 or the B25, from twice the range as the Wirblewind.

I used the wirble for a couple of tours, but I have now gone back to the osti because of the difficulty.  When one gets "good" (not that I am in any way, shape or form) you can take out more targets in a shorter amount of time than with the wirble.  And still have rounds left for their buddies. :devil
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
I used the wirble for a couple of tours, but I have now gone back to the osti because of the difficulty.  When one gets "good" (not that I am in any way, shape or form) you can take out more targets in a shorter amount of time than with the wirble.  And still have rounds left for their buddies. :devil

:lol
"Hello, Newman."

Offline brule2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
Never stick scaled,sounds like i have to do that.Thanks for info Lynx..always said you were best pilot i ever vulched..i still believe it ..tell the puke to practise more.<S>

AULD

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »
Never stick scaled,sounds like i have to do that.Thanks for info Lynx..always said you were best pilot i ever vulched..i still believe it ..tell the puke to practise more.<S>

AULD

Cheeky b*****d  :salute

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »
Lynx has shot me down countless times, and I've been lucky enough to catch him at the top of a climb once or twice. As a real pilot, I can attest to his skill, I've seen it (drifting down in my parachute after he's sheared my wing or tail off). He knows how to use energy and ACM to his advantage.

Scaling - never tried, definitely will...

IL-2s...I worked at the NASM several years ago, at the Garber Facility. We had a pristine IL-2 in the collection, and I can tell you...this aircraft is built like a tank. The leading edges of the wing, the engine and cockpit areas, are steel - not aluminum. When you tap the side of the fuselage, you don't get that hollow, tin-can noise. You get a solid 'thunk', like you're rapping your fist against a piece of construction equipment.

<S>,

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
WOOT WOOT

Wtg SEbongo for those 3 kills!  :salute
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 03:12:02 PM »
And one week after the event yet another accusation leveled at myself..... mouth goes vroom but the brains not in gear.

When will these individuals learn to question rather than assume?  Just how hard is it for folk to think "How did he do that" rather jump to an unqualified assumption.

FOLKS.... THERE"S BEEN AN UPDATE TO THE IL-2.  SOME FOLK ARE SKILLED WITH AN ABOVE AVAREGE HIT PERCENT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEW 37mm

This time I have the film....if the accuser wishes I can post the film or e-mail it direct. 

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »
 Thanks LYNX for the Scaling info I often get error message that says: Don't Move your controlls so rapidly. I believe Scaling will help. Don't care for winers that blame others for thier inadequacies.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
Thanks LYNX for the Scaling info I often get error message that says: Don't Move your controlls so rapidly. I believe Scaling will help. Don't care for winers that blame others for thier inadequacies.

Which ever axis gives you that message just add some "dead band".  Go off line in your most popular ride.  Get it zipping along and move your stick up an down then side to side.  Quicken the pace until the message occurs.  This will look suspicious to anyone standing behind you but you'll find the weak axis. 

You can then improve your sticks feel with scaling to smooth it out.  All sticks are different....... it's a suck it and see.....good luck.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:36:05 PM by LYNX »

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 05:36:22 PM »
zOMG!!!!!!! LYNX IS T3H L337 H4XX0R!!!11!!!!111!!!!1 OH NOES!!11!!!!!!!111!11!!!!11!!!!
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2008, 06:16:31 PM »
lynx you bellend. Why not just say HeavyD65 is a banana and be done with it, instead of that wooly attempt at a player id concealment.
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »
lynx you bellend. Why not just say HeavyD65 is a banana and be done with it, instead of that wooly attempt at a player id concealment.

:rofl yer but in the words of Pink Floyd "quiet desperation is the English way".  Na, in all seriousness that's not my intention to highlight an individual but a collective. 

Like I said previously.
In real life I don't suffer fools lightly, as the proverb goes.  I also don't take kindly to virtual slander being as I am one of the most honest players in the game....granted that's my choice and playing style.  However, by slamming this particular individual I wouldn't be addressing the bigger picture, hence my "failed" desire to afford this chap a measure of anonymity.

If this screen shot highlights ignorance and irrational thought perhaps the next bunch of guys will at least think before banding around the "C" word.

However, not everyone reads the boards.  Had it again tonight but from a Knight player this time.

Offline matt22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
the panzer is not hevily armerd but they do pack a punch and they are easy to aim i think it is the best tank in the game :aok
u frjro3ia2kfrjgt keifuoerfjjfjgkgj a0,[q wid

Offline matt22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »
so  dreamkid dont be saing they are a useless tank and you just keep flying planes and you leave the gving for the big boys :D
u frjro3ia2kfrjgt keifuoerfjjfjgkgj a0,[q wid

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2008, 03:16:29 PM »
This thread is 3 weeks old who are you talkin to ! :huh
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins