Author Topic: newbie have questions  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
Re: newbie have questions
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »
no in germany credit cards are not often in use. i dont know a person who have one.
i will not get a card until my income increase 4.000 dollar a month, my bank said.

Just a idea, do they have debit cards? It can be used like a credit card for direct withdraws, but it's tied to your checking account.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:00:21 AM by Goat1 »
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 10:46:12 AM »
Hi Nockey, if you like german stuff, you might not like this game... some of us believe bias, I've only had an acct with this place for maybe a year out of the 11 years since first try.
For the views, theres normal and zoomed. The normal view can be adjusted with the arrow keys on near the number pad, use f10 to save it a little bit closer than default, this scoots your chair forward, helps me alot with being able to see. The zoomed view can be used to aim better also, use the [ key and ] key to adjust it. Z key zooms and I think its W or W for extra power, which in here is only dependent on temperature, not how much nitro or what is left, so it favors allies in this way, and many others.

Here is a quote from the other thread something about 'proposterous.'
Quote from: schlowy
Heavy D wasn't so wrong. IL2 probly most luved plane in the game right now. Compare to the least luved plane in the game, the Stuka. This game does have extreme bias.

How to be a flight ace:
1) Stick scaling!
2) Flying Htc's 'favorites' like the Aceshigh la7 or Aceshigh yak9u...
3) Are we sure that 'instant' sliders for trim can't be used to give extra turning?
4) AH ommits varriables like 'radiator' temp, since yaks and la's would be overheating within 1min of flight at full throttle. Non realistic mode favors their stuff.
Lets add...
How to be a GV ace:
1) Put "Short range' view on, Shift f1? If not, you won't even see their tank when its in the open.
2) Mess with your graphics settings so you don't see trees. Xray vission tech here.

"Aces High"? How about "StickscalingFavorites High"?   :rolleyes:
Disclaimer: the above statements were directly called for by the thread.

*Edit: i took out the  :rofl and put in a  :rolleyes: instead.

*JG11 is a good bunch of guys, they fly luft's only usually.
*Don't confuse real planes with the planes in this game, say either 'the historic 109 this that' or say 'the A(ces)H(igh) 109 this that.'
My best advice, don't listen to me! My road leads to the 'dark side' of the force! to anger!  :furious
Btw did you read about the English/Canada "scheme/catastrophy" Dieppe Raid? (see link below)   :devil
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:52:12 AM by Schlowy »
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
Hi Nockey, if you like german stuff, you might not like this game... some of us believe bias, I've only had an acct with this place for maybe a year out of the 11 years since first try.

You are a complete sweetheartbag - Now you are trying to turn people away from this game, simply because you have such a boner for the 109 and you do not believe it is as good in game as the selective reports on the aircraft which you read.  If you think it is that biased why don't you leave and crawl back into the hole from which you came.

Nockel, ignore this guy.  The game represents many German aircraft very well and there is a good range to choose from.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:34:42 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 12:34:51 PM »
Welcome!  You are going to have fun.  :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
ok. hm maybe someone can pay with his credit card and i will send him money via paypal or online banking.

are there public teamspeak servers??

No, no teamspeak, we can just communicate with Vox right in the game.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
if you like german 109s

look me up ill teach you how to absolutly OWN in a 109k, schlowy was a noob so he never learned how to fly it right.

but id recomend getting a joystick and be patient

the game has a very high learning curve so dont expect to kill every 1 the fisrt week like i thought i was goin to be able to do lol.

and its the most realistic fun fighter flight sim game you can find when you combined it all together.

try the Training arena for further help and try the dueling arena to learn about Situational Awerness (SA)
(very important) and to learn how people fly.

GOOD LUCK!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
So Germans pay cash for everything?
What a concept...bet THEIR leaders aren't having emergency meetings right now
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline nockel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 04:25:12 PM »
i cant start game,
 even when i get in hangar the game freeze...
and at start up a piece of paper goes quickly around (login screen)

my system:
amd 2x 3,0
gf 8800 gt 512 mb ddr3
3 gb ddr 2 ram

i had installed the full game and the 1024x768 package.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »
I was going to suggest you make a post in the technical support forum, but I see you have already done that.  I am sure they will get you fixed up quickly.

Welcome to the game.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
Z key zooms and I think its W or W for extra power, which in here is only dependent on temperature, not how much nitro or what is left, so it favors allies in this way, and many others.

Erm... German ac have 9 min of wep, that refresh  when engine cools. American ac have 5, that refreshes when engine cools.
So please explain how that favors allied?
I suggest you look up favored in a dictionary.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:58:45 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »
Erm... German ac have 9 min of wep, that refresh  when engine cools. American ac have 5, that refreshes when engine cools.
So please explain how that favors allied?
I suggest you look up favored in a dictionary.

Bronk, read his post.  The tw@ has been pressing "W" for wep  :rofl

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »

Aye ..no wonder he is a whiny so and so.  ;)
See Rule #4

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 10:37:27 PM »
nockel If you can figure out a way to pay and play look up one of my squad wings in the game **THE LYNCHMOB - EUROPE** they are located all over europe Belgium, england, finland they play while the rest of us americans are sleepin, ( GRINICH TIME)They are a great bunch of guys that will help you out with anything you need.<S> welcome to the addiction!!  :salute

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 03:19:09 AM »
Lynx, check RoC.
Bronk, you too for repeating it!

Nockel, this game does rule, its awesome, but you kinda have to accept the modeling, and some, like me, feel the luftwaffe doesn't get enuf 'luv' from the 'ghods.'
Heres the lesson though, know that there are peeps like Lynx here that HATE the luftwaffe:

TAKE NO CRAP from anti-luftwaffe peeps like this seeming 'neutral' guy Lynx here.
Goto Home page, Community, scores, View Kill Stats in an expanded format (IE only), and they type in Lynx... what LYNX flies:
F6F-5... 407 kills in.
IL2..... 287 kills in.
Yak9u... 256 kills in.
ShipGunner113 kills in.
T34/85.. 106 kills in.
Spit XVI 102 kills in.
B26B.... 43 kills in.
LVTA4... 36 Kills in.
P39Q.... 31 kills in.
Tiger I  27 kills in.
P47 D40  26 kills in.
F4u 1D.. 23 kills in.
everything else he has flown and got some kills.. except!!!
HE HAS NO KILLS IN ANY 109!
HE HAS NO KILLS IN ANY 190!
HE HAS NO KILLS IN ANY 110!
This guy is obviously a hater of anything German.
He only drove the tiger because its only super tank...
He does have 5 kills in a 163 comet, its only rocket fighter.

BIG LESSON HERE, KNOW THAT THESE HATERS OF THE LUFTWAFFE EXIST, AND THAT THEY HIDE THE FACT, AND THAT THEY WILL ATTACK YOU IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE IF YOU POST PRO-LUFTWAFFE HERE!!!
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 03:51:23 AM »
He's British, mate, what do you expect? You can't blame people for not wanting to fly Luftwaffe planes, especially if it's possible they might have had family members killed by the Luftwaffe. Don't be silly.

To be honest, who cares? Do you think HTC look at Lynx's (I'm just using you as example, Lynx, think nothing of it, mate) score page and model the planes he flies the most to be better?

He just plays the game like anyone else.

I'm a Luft-dweeb, I pretty much only fly Luftwaffe aircraft and I think the 109 is great. In my experience it meets its full potential in Aces High.

If you want to pick anything out of the Luftwaffe aircraft, pick out the armoured glass issue. The 109 in particular has a slightly over-restricted forward view and the same could be argued for the 190. Or, pick out the rough initial turn-rate modelling of the 190 series. The 109 is fine, performance wise.

Even with those problems I really don't think there is any bias against the German aircraft in the game and it certainly doesn't matter if other players like or dislike certain aircraft.

If anything, make some fun out of it and take pleasure in beating the Yank or Brit etc aircraft enthusiasts in the German stuff.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"