Author Topic: no bias here LOL  (Read 1212 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: no bias here LOL
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »
You making that bet based upon her answers to the Bush Doctrine question, or the $700B Bailout question, or the Foreign Policy question, or the Invade Pakistan answer, or what exactly has she anwered in those interviews that gives you the confidence to actually bet?

Seriously?

Her Bailout answer reminds me of that line from Blazing Saddles...."that's the finest example of frontier jibberish I've ever heard"

If she performs well at the debate, and by well I don't mean by the rediculously low expectation the GOP is trying to set as acceptable, then good for her.  It means she shed McCains campaign handlers and is being herself...but even at that, she's in a much deeper part of the pool than she is used to....

She will answer the question "When does a fetus deserve human rights?" (or something approximating that) the same as did John McCain, "at conception." Do you have any doubt she would answer the question that Obama said "was above his pay grade" in that fashion, seriously?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
No doubt at all....well she do it speaking in tongues?

Or will she do it saying she doesn't actually attend a any single church these days....

That part bothers me a bit about her now....(not the cheap shot I took about the speaking in tongues), but how she's compromising on simple acknowledgements like which church she regularly attends....again, I think the Campaign is forcing that....

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:53:37 PM by Stringer »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »
That part bothers me a bit about her now....(not the cheap shot I took about the speaking in tongues), but how she's compromising on simple acknowledgements like which church she regularly attends....again, I think the Campaign is forcing that....

Did it bother you that Obama attended the church that he did? You know, the one that preached racism? :rolleyes:

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 05:50:16 PM »
Did it bother you that Obama attended the church that he did? You know, the one that preached racism? :rolleyes:

Of course. 

Also, mixing religion with politics also bothers me, as well as anyone who advocates legislating morality.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 05:59:26 PM by Stringer »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »
Of course. 

Also, mixing religion with politics also bothers me, as well as anyone who advocates legislating morality.

Of course morality is legislated. We just have to decide how much legislation we want. Immoral to murder, probably not a bad thing to make a law prohibiting that. Someone can't or won't work? Should we let them starve? This get's a little more iffy. Should we tax everyone to feed them? How about their kids?

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
Of course morality is legislated. We just have to decide how much legislation we want. Immoral to murder, probably not a bad thing to make a law prohibiting that. Someone can't or won't work? Should we let them starve? This get's a little more iffy. Should we tax everyone to feed them? How about their kids?

OK...I'm Catholic...I wouldn't mind seeing one of our Cardinals become President...you OK with that? 

That's what I mean...it gets dicey real fast.

Now can't work vs. won't work...big difference.....what's their age..are the old, shut-ins, need services to provide them with meals....of course as a society we must provide safety nets, or we are less than a society....

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 06:31:04 PM »
cripes.. a cardinal? bout as much chance of that as a black man bein presi...

weel, shut my mouf!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
Hehe....Hang...you have to admit...nobody does buerucracy like the Catholic church does...and fund raising for that matter.

Would a Bishop be OK then? :) 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:35:22 PM by Stringer »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 06:34:42 PM »
nobody beats the church for 'community organizing'.

nobody.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 07:18:51 PM »
No doubt at all....well she do it speaking in tongues?

Or will she do it saying she doesn't actually attend a any single church these days....

Has it progressed to simply professing a belief in God is grounds for being a nutberger?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »
About the only complaint I might level against Ifil is she might be too nice to the candidates (based on her moderation of previous campaign debates).

Anyone dissing her as "partisan" hasn't watched her regularly... but then Washington Weekly and the PBS Newshour aren't exactly commercial-News-to-keep-you-an-idiot either.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »
About the only complaint I might level against Ifil is she might be too nice to the candidates (based on her moderation of previous campaign debates).

Anyone dissing her as "partisan" hasn't watched her regularly... but then Washington Weekly and the PBS Newshour aren't exactly commercial-News-to-keep-you-an-idiot either.

:rofl

She writes a book that almost proclaims Obama President and schedules the release for the date of the inauguration, but she's not biased. Sure.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 08:02:26 PM »
and now we bring you the debate.

Ifill: the first question goes to mayor palin.

palin; ah, thats governor

ifill: what every, i understand you are very weak on foreign policy, so what is the gross national product of the republic of Krakastain?

palin: ahh er

ifill: just as i thought, next question is for the great senator from delaware. Senator biden , can you name a city in france?

biden: yes of course because my 36 years in the US senate have prepared me to know everything about the world and to answer your question a city in the great country of france is paris hilton.

ifill, thank you very much vice president biden, i will send you a autographed copy of my new book "the age of Obama", and all you people out there be sure to buy my book also.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
OK...I'm Catholic...I wouldn't mind seeing one of our Cardinals become President...you OK with that? 

That's what I mean...it gets dicey real fast.

Now can't work vs. won't work...big difference.....what's their age..are the old, shut-ins, need services to provide them with meals....of course as a society we must provide safety nets, or we are less than a society....

Palin isn't a bishop or a cardinal or any other church official. We've already had a catholic president. What's your point?

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »
Honestly, this is an extreme non-issue that has been 'revealed' as a basic set-up in case Palin bombs badly. Then conservative journalists/analysts will come forward and say that Ifil was "too" liberal, and that she set out to attack Palin, when in reality Ifil is extremely well known for being polite, thoughtful, and considerate, even to those she disagrees with