Author Topic: Obama tramples the First Amendment  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Obama tramples the First Amendment
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 05:54:01 AM »
I hope they file the lawsuits by the truckload.
I also hope that they are ,in turn, made public.
If this would happen it might possibly be cold water poured on some of the veggies who support him.
I doubt it, but it`s a shot.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 07:10:15 AM »
I'm confused, even if Obama gets elected, he can't take our guns all by his lonesome...Wouldn't Congress have to pass it?  Wouldn't there be a public out cry?  I like guns just like anyone else, I own some, but I don't see one guy taking away a right...just how I don't see one guy abolishing abortion.  And unless a judge dies or commits a serious crime I don't see him appointing any new ones...

To me, abortion and gun control just seem like good ways for each side to use the other like tools, when in the end nothing will change. 

Of course there is always the fact you would be against someone who wants to take your guns away just because you have a problem with that mentality and lack of principle (like me), but that's another discussion entirely.

Not only would Obama likely nominate at least two Supreme Court Justices, but a large Democrat majority in the House and the Senate would likely ride his coat tails into office. They would approve the no doubt VERY liberal justices Obama would nominate, and with such a large majority would be more than happy to pass all sorts of anti-gin legislation. It does not have to be obviously or blatantly anti-gun, either. It can be laws that gun manufacturers, gun stores, and/or gun owners could not realistically obey.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
 Oh no there coming for our guns......... :noid

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 08:32:10 AM »
No, they're not coming for your guns, they're coming for the guns of the law abiding American citizens :aok
 :devil
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 08:33:04 AM »
mojava.. of course they are.. the last time a democrat got into power he signed dozens of bills "coming after our guns"   guns people already owned were declared illegal overnight..ammo that was legal became illegal..

The "assault weapons ban"  how was that not "coming after our guns"?   

osamabamas idea that no one.. that 40 states should repeal their concealed carry law.. that semi autos should be banned... that the DC ban and chicago ban were models of gun ownership and reasonable laws..  that no one should have a handgun...

How the hell is that not "coming after our guns"?   are you an idiot?

Anyone here that cares about the second should pony up.. man up.. and send $35 to the NRA to join today.. it is the only thing, in many cases, standing in the way of the gun grabbers.

You will get a magazine that is a good read and be part of the solution instead of just squeaking.... sadly...You will also get a lot of junk mail begging for more money but you can ignore that.

I will go further..  if someone here wants to join up but simply can't afford the $35..  please email me.

lazs

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:15 AM »
 I don't know Laz, are you an idiot?  You think every American should have the right to own assault weapons.  I don't see anything wrong with laws that allow for safety locks on guns, or for background checks. How about for people registering there firearms with law enforcement.  It seems like the responsible thing to do.  But then again all you ever see is things through your rosy little glasses.  Maybe you need a reality check....Democrats own guns too. To think anyone is going to take your guns away is both ignorant and naive.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »

"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
I don't know Laz, are you an idiot?  You think every American should have the right to own assault weapons.  I don't see anything wrong with laws that allow for safety locks on guns, or for background checks. How about for people registering there firearms with law enforcement.  It seems like the responsible thing to do.  But then again all you ever see is things through your rosy little glasses.  Maybe you need a reality check....Democrats own guns too. To think anyone is going to take your guns away is both ignorant and naive.

Hitler thought gun registration was a good idea too. It worked out well, unless you were a Jew, a Pole, a Slav, a "Gypsy", etc. Wasn't World War II fun? :rolleyes:
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 09:23:37 AM »
Hitler thought gun registration was a good idea too. It worked out well, unless you were a Jew, a Pole, a Slav, a "Gypsy", etc. Wasn't World War II fun? rolleyes

There is a difference between having responsible gun laws and confiscating everyone's guns.   I know the thing to do is go to extremes, like your post showed,  but in reality, both Democrats and Republicans own a whole lot of guns.  A gun ban would never fly.  That being said, having laws on the books that required background checks, waiting periods, safety locks, registering your firearms etc...are all responsible actions. 

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
Is the NRA not a 501 tax-exempt organization? If they are it's against the law to support or denounce a political candidate. Running adds about Obama no matter in support or against would be breaking federal law and violating their tax exempt status. I know the http://www.nrafoundation.org is a 501 group, but I'm not sure how or if it's seprated from the other parts of the NRA.

I'm surprised no one has challenged this law yet in federal courts. Last time I checked the first amendment didn't guarantee the rights of free speech and free press to everyone except 501 tax exempt groups.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »

There is a difference between having responsible gun laws and confiscating everyone's guns.   I know the thing to do is go to extremes, like your post showed,  but in reality, both Democrats and Republicans own a whole lot of guns.  A gun ban would never fly.  That being said, having laws on the books that required background checks, waiting periods, safety locks, registering your firearms etc...are all responsible actions. 

1) Responsible gun laws lead to ever more restrictive gun laws until guns are eventually being confiscated.

2) Gun bans already exist....Washington DC, Chicago, Morton Grove Illinois are all prime examples.

3) Waiting periods don't stop or decrease crime. Safety locks only slow down law abiding citizens who need to defend themselves, and locks only keep honest people honest.

Background checks I can agree with as long as they are the variety that can be done while you fill out the rest of the required paperwork to purchase a firearm.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »
Here is the "Cease and Desist" letter. Judge for yourself.

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/ObamaLetterNRAAd.pdf

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »
Here is the "Cease and Desist" letter. Judge for yourself.

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/ObamaLetterNRAAd.pdf

That letter is full of crap and nothing more than a scare tactic.  If I was the station manager, I'd air those letters and let the people see what is happening in their area.  Statements like "flimsy evidence" coming from the Washington Post are as laughable as they are hypocritical.

The quote from page two, "Senator Obama made clear that he only opposed firearms that were irrelevant for hunting unless the deer were wearing "bullet-proof vests"", scares me more than anything that the NRA put forth.  It tells me flat out that Obama feels he has a right to restrict my right to bear arms as he sees fit.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nothing in the 2nd says I can only have guns for hunting.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 01:52:16 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Figures that a Hillary ad would have a bolt action gun... For LEFTIES!   :D

Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:32 PM »

Figures that a Hillary ad would have a bolt action gun... For LEFTIES!   :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Good eye!
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)