Author Topic: 262 nerfed?  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: 262 nerfed?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2008, 10:02:55 AM »
im INtrested to see what BS Hitech comes up with next :P

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
Krusty is not a HO dweeb, he usualy flies some crap like a c202, why would he ho? Actualy he holds the squad record in the c202 of 12 kills in one sortie.

LOL he HOd me sooooo many times in one night I was laughing uncontrolably! Actualy 109E is one of his prefered and along with the emil he was HOing the crap out of me in a pony also!! While I was base defense in a ki! All the while saying he gives no mercy to better turning rides LOL, So I see your "no ho dweed " and raise you a HOPUTTZ!   :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2008, 10:23:14 AM »
 :rofl

Curse you Krusty, flying your dweeb 109E and bullying all the honourable P51 air masters.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »
:rofl

Curse you Krusty, flying your dweeb 109E and bullying all the honourable P51 air masters.

Actually my choice of words was incorrect! He was in a pony and later in his emil! HOing like a 2 bit street walker with both!!  :aok  Got it now ?

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »
In?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
Krusty is not a HO dweeb, he usualy flies some crap like a c202, why would he ho? Actualy he holds the squad record in the c202 of 12 kills in one sortie.
Ingame Krusty is a class act from my experiences with him. It is a wish of mine he'd let that bleed over here. I'm being sincere batty.
See Rule #4

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
i always say it takes one to know one bronk, S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
From what I have read on the 262 from historical records the plane in AHII performs too well but the way it flies in the game is in keeping with the way that most planes fly in game. Let me explain...

In AHII you can fly a plane so steeply in a dive that if it were the RW the prop would over speed and be wrecked. Same for the engine.

In the RW the 262 had to be trimmed nose heavy and if you trimmed the plane for turn fighting you would automatically stall in a turn. In dive tests the 262 would go out of control above mach 0.86 and higher speeds while nose down would lead to a condition the pilot could not recover from (the plane would continue to nose down until red out of the pilot happened or the plane fell apart regardless of power/control inputs). If you move the throttles too quickly from anything less then 4000 rpm to max rpm of 7000 rpm would cause cavitation and if not re-throttled would eventually lead to power loss altogether.

I think 262 pilots in AH should be happy with what they have!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2008, 11:54:28 PM »
I took the 262 out last night and it seemed fine. I don't think I got above 10k the whole time and I kept it quick, turning hard and I didn't have any problems. I bagged 9 without a re-arm and I got a few assists too (which was more of a concern than the turning ability, to be honest) and most were fighters, a few low Bostons and a B-25 or two. I was still able to rope a few fighters and turn well at all speeds. Seems ok to me. The reduced forward view is a bigger problem in my opinon. The 262 definitely still has fangs and is still nearly untouchable.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2008, 05:13:08 AM »
Bigger BS Meter alert I would say in the order of 85 KRUSTYs.

:lol
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --