Author Topic: Tank Town griefed by rooks, again  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Re: Tank Town griefed by rooks, again
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 06:26:03 AM »
Don't blame me if the solution is simple.  If there are enemy planes attacking TT town, up some planes to drive them off.  No reason to cry to HTC for them to code it out of the game.  *shrug*
ack-ack

Well here's your typical whine - knits were hording blue arena with over 60 more players then either country at time, and they wonder why they lost
tank town in Orange arena. I wonder what jesus would do? probably tell knits not to all horde in 1 arena just to win the "map" and reset it.

Seriously I can understand your frustration, im sure you were to defend it if you were on, but whats stopping knits from running an NOE and
recapturing it? Anytime rooks are being gang-banged knits have no problem sending waves of planes to gobble up bases,
try sending an noe during one of your easy-times to recapture it.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 06:59:08 AM »
Are we talking about TT on the OZKANSAS map or the other one?

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 07:31:34 AM »
We just took back TT in orange (well the bish bit anyway...)
only took 4 people :lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
Because he gave the players the necessary tools to do it, it's called 'Defense'.  I know, a novel concept for those that expect everything handed to them without putting forth any effort. 

ack-ack
Clearly you are not aware of a quirk on the OZKANSAS map that makes defending TT bases all but near impossible.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
Clearly you are not aware of a quirk on the OZKANSAS map that makes defending TT bases all but near impossible.

And what Quirk is that? all 3 countries have nice close bases to up and come in from 15k so I don't see a problem defending it.

besides fact rooks did NOT noe the TT base, it was simply taken with an aircraft carrier, with at the most 5 knits defending it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »
In defense of those who didn't put up a defense I know that with my old computer going near tank-town would have killed my frame rates.  It's sooo nice to finally have a good computer.

In the end I could care less abount tank town but I did notice the Rooks were rolling it last night.  It must have been all the ones Rich46yo doesn't know.   ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »
And what Quirk is that? all 3 countries have nice close bases to up and come in from 15k so I don't see a problem defending it.

besides fact rooks did NOT noe the TT base, it was simply taken with an aircraft carrier, with at the most 5 knits defending it.

You will have to ask your fellow rooks who exploit this quirk. When they log off I come back & take the bases right back in the same manner. Oh & not a defender in sight. So far this tour 3 captures & only day 2.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 11:40:03 AM »
HTC can fix this problem so easily, why won't they do it?

because its not a problem?

if you dont like TT from being captured, defend it...... simple really.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:43:10 AM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 11:48:21 AM »
Because he gave the players the necessary tools to do it, it's called 'Defense'.  I know, a novel concept for those that expect everything handed to them without putting forth any effort. 

ack-ack

BUT......but........they may die in defense, and ruin their spawncamp earned score....... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
because its not a problem?

if you dont like TT from being captured, defend it...... simple really.
If you understood the Quirk the only way this is possible is to sit on each & every base that belongs to you & do it 24-7. If not you will lose TT bases on current late war map for those who know how to exploit it.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 12:31:42 PM »
If you understood the Quirk the only way this is possible is to sit on each & every base that belongs to you & do it 24-7. If not you will lose TT bases on current late war map for those who know how to exploit it.

if its so easy for them to take it, surely its easy for you to retake it???
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »

It requires 10 Me-110s, a Few N1k2's to cap the town and field, and a goon or two with troops.
This is how you take a base knits, it does work from time to time, you should try it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
You have all missed the point that the fun of TT is not taking bases, or at least leaving the airfields alone, and simply fighting.  Funny that in most other threads, it's supposed to be about the fight, base rolling is dumb, and we'd be better off with the Trinity map.  Formulate the same thing as a complaint, and most are against it, there's a chorus of "whiner" repeated by half the people because they're just following one or two bellicose nay-sayers.  The lack of independence of thought and inconsistency never ceases to amaze me.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
Very easy.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »
Tank town should be capturable to a point IMO

FACT: Our V-bases are currently set up to be taken. If they weren't there would be just 3 to 6 of them having no air support and each having a red square around them.

If HTC cared at all about what your all crying about they would have added a red square to all TT and FT airfields on the maps containing them.

At this point It matters not and has always been up to you to defend or retake them for (how many?) years. IMO I think TT's and FT's  add to the fun of the game and are great places to hang around for quick all out three country mayhem.