Author Topic: 2.13 Patch 1 - Dumps & Lag  (Read 466 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
2.13 Patch 1 - Dumps & Lag
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »
Since the patch I've been dumped more in one hour than the last 6 months combined. A squaddie and I have also noted occasional lags for damage effects of between 3-5 seconds.

What evedence would folks like that would help?
Retired

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: 2.13 Patch 1 - Dumps & Lag
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »
I moved this over from the bug forum since it doesn't seem to be happening to most of the players.  But in order to get started fixing you, please let us know which operating system your using and maybe a little about the machine your running on.  Also, it might help to know your internet provider.

- sudz

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
First things first.

If you have the "Maximum Texture Size" set to 1024, in the "Video Settings", then change it to 512, allow the cahce to rebuild and see if that fixes it.

If it does, I am going to guess you had the high resolution texture package installed, prior to the release of 2.13, but did not update the package after the release of 2.13.  Just a guess.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Birddogg

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
I have the same problem.

Few minutes after joining the game, I get "host connection lost" msg. I've just recently installed 2.13 AH , played with it for a bit and everything seemed fine. While in game when I try to change airfields or want to take off, there is few seconds of delay before game actually moves me to the other field or puts me in the cockpit. Other then, everything seems normal.  I don't see any warping or any "lost UDP, switching to TCP" messages, net status bar is pretty solid without any spikes..
I'm running Vista, 8800GTX, etc. Cable Broadband connection.  No router. No wireless.

Ran pingplotter, everything seems fine, altho on hop #1 it says 100% packet loss, not sure if that's causing the problem (read on some forums, that might be normal). All other hops are fine. I don't see packet loss on any other hops or some crazy spikes. There are also no red bars on the bottom of pingplotter screen.

P.S. I did change the textures to 512  as per Skuzzy's instructions (was also using hirestexture pack which was installed after 2.13 but before patch 1 i think). Problem remains.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
I have the same problem.

Few minutes after joining the game, I get "host connection lost" msg. I've just recently installed 2.13 AH , played with it for a bit and everything seemed fine. While in game when I try to change airfields or want to take off, there is few seconds of delay before game actually moves me to the other field or puts me in the cockpit. Other then, everything seems normal.  I don't see any warping or any "lost UDP, switching to TCP" messages, net status bar is pretty solid without any spikes..
I'm running Vista, 8800GTX, etc. Cable Broadband connection.  No router. No wireless.

Ran pingplotter, everything seems fine, altho on hop #1 it says 100% packet loss, not sure if that's causing the problem (read on some forums, that might be normal). All other hops are fine. I don't see packet loss on any other hops or some crazy spikes. There are also no red bars on the bottom of pingplotter screen.

P.S. I did change the textures to 512  as per Skuzzy's instructions (was also using hirestexture pack which was installed after 2.13 but before patch 1 i think). Problem remains.

Any help is appreciated.

Well with each new patch I do not use the Auto-Updateraper and I uninstall the previous version of AH.  You don't need to worry as it doesn't remove your settings and such.  I then delete and I mean DELETE the Cache folder in C:\programfiles\HTC\AcesHighII folder.  I download the full new version and run it and let it create the cache and then quit and defrag the system.  This has seemed to correct a lot of problems in the past.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »
 I too have had several "lost udp switch to tcp" since the new patch,this usually ends with "host lost connection". The only reason I bring it up is that this was a very rare thing to happen in the past,for me.Now since the patch I've had several of these in only two days.

Several others complained that they were getting "disco'd" alot too.

Offline skopro

• Zinc Member
      • 308th Polish squadron
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »
yeah,same here.since the new version i get discoed alot,it doesnt end there however,it ends up crashing my network as well.Though it was a modem problem but then i didnt play ah for a few days and no problems there.