Author Topic: guns again  (Read 129 times)

TT

guns again
« on: October 13, 1999, 08:51:00 PM »
 Where the guns turned back down with update, or did i forget how to shoot

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
guns again
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 1999, 06:42:00 AM »
Well TT,  I was getting kills so the gunnery had to be porked.  I am not doing well now, so  they must of made it better (more realistic).  

I really have to saddle up to get a kill.  When you really saddle up it give the guy's buddy a chance on you.  Exactly the way it should be.  

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

TT

guns again
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 1999, 12:35:00 PM »
 Well swager the only way us dweebs have a fighting chance with the experten, is big guns. The funny thing is, there are a whole lot more of us than there are of them. Somebodys got to pay the bills.

good FM,s are gonna be a dime a dozen by next spring. IMOP the realisem war is gona be won by some one noticeing the need for playabilty. BTW I was talking to a guy about this last night. He said. They wont be happy till were flying bricks, and throwing pebbels at each other. I wonder if he has it right.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
guns again
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 1999, 06:38:00 PM »
TT,
This is not meant in anyway as a flame or derogatory comment on your abilities. Please understand that. It is my opinion, humble and however uninformed it may be, that if you adjust this game to the lowest common denominator you end up making something that has a lot of already out there.

I see this game as an opportunity to gain experience at a higher level. If it is made easy enough to allow anyone to play at a high level with very little time or practice in the game, then you will find people looking elswhere to get the chalange most of us look for. Idealy, it would start easy and as everyone got better it would become harder and harder to keep the interest up.

WB was very hard for me when I first started... that being said it is still not an "easy" game per se, but the challange is mostly gone and so is the interest.

MarkAT
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

eazydweeb

guns again
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 1999, 05:58:00 AM »
Hello TT,
I think that's what it is all about. You do not have "just" to point your guns aim well and blow the suckker out of the sky. You have to pilot your overpowered barndoor with (almost ) the same skill  the guys back in WWII did. THEN you can get into a position to aim and shoot ( and stay airborne meanwhile   ). For me, this is a real challenge and I must be the dweeb of dweebs   most of my AH-time so far I've been a manned target drone for fishu's 30mm, but it was just pure fun. I still wonder how the vets get their planes to do these things. (fishu u BASTARD, one day u gonna fiddle with the cigarette lighter in your 109 and then I'm gonna get ya !!     )
Even though in all those boxed Sims you get a ace real quick this is sth really different here.

Eazydweeb

Bad shooter
Worse divebomber
Lousy pilot

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
guns again
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 1999, 07:14:00 AM »
The whole thing is a learning process.  Last nite this P-51 rattled my La5 with three passes.  The shot were precise and right on. This P-51 went up, did a hammerhead stall or something and came right back at me. The first thing that went thru my confused little mind was, "Oh Boy, this is not good"

Plus it is still in beta,  I'm sure additional tweaking on the gunnery is in the future.

"Saddle up that pig and blast some bacon"    

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
guns again
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 1999, 08:19:00 AM »
Don't know how they used to be, but guns seem pretty potent to me.  I got kilt by a Spit from D10 last night.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
guns again
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 1999, 08:39:00 AM »

Mark hit the nail on the head.

-Westy

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
guns again
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 1999, 08:42:00 AM »
I think someone bored out the rifling in the gun barrels - even sitting stationary on the ground those tracers are going everywhere but the middle of the crosshair, seems the dispersion modelling is overdone a wee bit?

Either that, or the ground crew didn't harmonise my guns properly  

[This message has been edited by juzz (edited 10-15-1999).]

TT

guns again
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 1999, 12:48:00 PM »
As this is a beta I think we should let them know what we prefer. That means both sides of the question.

I have been playing WB for about a year. So Ive been through this before. When you start out with a Huge neon signe over your plane, any arguments about realsim are absurd. Consession have to be made to game play.

The guns are the difference between a flight sim and a combat sim. The built in instabilty of the internet make socalled realistic guns undependable at best. It would be just fine with me if the guns didnt work at all past 600 yrds, but if you see a lot of hit sprites at convergance, (say, the default 300 yrds). Damn it , that plane should go away. and a kill message should come up.