Author Topic: McCain War hero? Interesting read!  (Read 1096 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Re: McCain War hero? Interesting read!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
If it sickens you that we would look at the facts objectively, then I hope you die.

You know there is nothing objective about the trash you posted.  You also clearly illustrate your complete lack of integrity and basic human decency.  There is nothing wrong with being objective or disagreeing on opinion.  There is everything wrong with the traits you display here and on many other threads.  It should be clear why no one respects people like you.  It is well earned.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »
If it sickens you that we would look at the facts objectively, then I hope you die.

That is so over-the-top crazy talk.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »
I made several attempt at translating
Also, due to a fire caused by McCains plane, he nearly sunk the U.S.S. Forrestal.

but none ended with McCain responsability engaged

I'm missing something ?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 01:56:30 PM »
John McCain didn't come back home after a few minor injuries and slander the rest of the troops.

Nor did John throw his medals over the whitehouse fence... only to proudly display them in his senate office 20 years later.

John came home, fought his way back to flight status, and earned command of a Squadron. He served 22 Years in the Navy, commanding men.

Kerry was less than offal. He was traitorous offal.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
...he nearly sunk the U.S.S. Forrestal.

I <S> you, AquaShrimp. I have spent fifteen years trolling on the Intardnet...through three wars, and a dozen minor skirmishes I have been casting stinkbaits  like "OJ is one more African American lynched by white justice" and "If not for Bush's ban on stem cell research Christopher Reeve would not only be alive today, he'd be walking..."

But your Forrestal remark is stinky bait unlike any I could even dream of coming up with- "He nearly sunk the ship" is sheer genius among the fishers of gullibale souls, such as me.

:salute man, and  :rock on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »
I made several attempt at translating
but none ended with McCain responsability engaged

I'm missing something ?

He was missing something when he posted that, facts. McCain's plane was hit when another plane accidentally fired a rocket/missile which hit his plane, both planes were still on the deck. The ship was badly damaged in the resulting fire and many sailors lost their lives. McCain was burned. McCain could have left the theater but volunteered to stay and was transferrred to another ship. he was shot down and captured not long after that.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
Also, due to a fire caused by McCains plane, he nearly sunk the U.S.S. Forrestal.

Gotta raise the male bovine excrement flag on this one. IIRC, the Zuni rocket came off a F-4 Phantom. McCain flew an A-4.
sand

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/23316912/makebelieve_maverick/print

Wow, what an extremely biased article without any facts.  I wonder how long the writer would have been able to endure the torture McCain or any other US POW in Hanoi did.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
Attacking a decorated hero's war record just because you disagree with his politics is about as low as you can sink.

Offline Fangio

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »
I don't get it?

McCain's war record is what it is.  He served with distinction.... did his duty, flew combat, put his life on the line and suffered in a POW camp.

I really cannot see how anyone would attack that or attempt to spin it as a negative in some way?  

The thing about McCain that I do not like is that I do not see anything in his military record that qualifies him to be President of the United States and his military career is the pinnacle of his life's achievement as far as I am concerned.  Since he left the Military,  what has he achieved?  What has he LEAD?  What executive experience does he have?  What huge and clear successes can he point to as examples of the benefits we can expect from his leadership?

Since he joined the US Senate.....  the National debt has gone up by over 10 times, the US has totally squandered a victory in the Cold War,  US entitlement obligations have more than doubled,  our campaign finance and election system have become grossly corrupt....  the general failures go on an on.

I fail to see how anyone can rationalize things to the point where McCain appears palatable.  He is a poster boy for all that is wrong with Washington.  He IS big Govt. failure and the corruption of career political operatives.

McCain is an excellent example of all that is wrong with our political system.  So is Obama for what its worth....

Fang

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 03:27:01 PM »
...Also, due to a fire caused by McCains plane, he nearly sunk the U.S.S. Forrestal.

I give this 200 KRUSTYS.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
Hey guys lay off Aquadork. He readi it in a book or something in college so it MUST be true. You know all of us vets that actually served don't know anything about the military or what really happened.

He's real book smart so he has to be right :rolleyes:
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 03:35:51 PM »
the nice think about book learning is when the book gets kicked up his sphincter.. those sharp pointy corners can make an impression.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

You wouldn't know how to look at anything Republican objectively if God himself taught you a class in doing so.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"