Author Topic: Pyro's new rules  (Read 3611 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: Pyro's new rules
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »
Curious if there has been any rulings either reaffirming this article or refuting it.

" Since this rationale applies only to large shopping centers, the court expressly declined to apply its ruling to "the proprietor of a modest retail establishment."

An argument exists that the Pruneyard rationale applies to major Web sites.

Key word: major

HTC would/could be considered the proprietor of a modest (perhaps even midsize) online service. Definitely not a major. As such they can happily apply the rules as they see it fit.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2008, 06:57:50 PM »
This is the forum of a business, HTC has to present a respectable image in order to maintain a professional reputation. Having a bunch of avacados mouthing off about Osamabama this and potato Palin that, for example, on their company website undermines their image. Freedom of speech? Lose the spoilt brat attitude, you do not have the right to talk watermelon on a private company's forum. Even if you did, you should be mature enough to restrain yourself.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
This is the forum of a business, HTC has to present a respectable image in order to maintain a professional reputation. Having a bunch of avacados mouthing off about Osamabama this and potato Palin that, for example, on their company website undermines their image. Freedom of speech? Lose the spoilt brat attitude, you do not have the right to talk watermelon on a private company's forum. Even if you did, you should be mature enough to restrain yourself.

Note beyond the first few lines. I didnt say HTC in particular.
Other then to mention the freedom of speech claims by some people.
Which I have also seen on other sites.

I didnt mention them in particular on purpose.
And I didnt do it to avoid a confrontation with Pyro, Skuzzy or anyone else.
If you know me at all from this board. You know I dont hesitate to lock horns with anyone if I have a reason. Or mind to.
People impress me. Not positions or titles. Never have.
And the folks at HTC must impress me or I wouldnt have been sending them free money every month since April LOL
So I have no quarrels with HTC.
I respect their position even though I dont agree with it.

But locking horns with the powers here wasnt my intent.
My intent was a search for the truth.
And possibly to create a discussion that may eventually put the question to rest one way or the other.
Someone slamming their fist on the table and saying something is so. Doesnt always make it so.

I also mentioned that In general I have always gone by the sandbox rule.
Meaning I personally have pretty much been in agreement.

What I wanted to see was if that assumption held water. So I looked it up
Because.
Often there are times that a general population as well as some businesses go by assumptions that may not necessarily be true.Turns out it does, and it might not.
Turns out that it is also as was pointed out by 2bighorn it may also has something to do with the size of the company.

Yahoo and Ebay have forums too.
But the claim of "its their sandbox" may very well not hold water.
Spoiled brat attitude or not.

Now you may not agree with that.
I may not agree with that.
But based on the article ( I suggest you read it if you havent)
Several courts may very well say otherwise.

And BTW
While I fully agree with the very last line of your responce.
Isnt your disposition in the preceding sentence the very same type attitude that the political threads degraded to that got them banned here.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:02:17 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2008, 09:25:31 PM »
My apologies for not being clear, my post looked like it was directed at you, Dred. It wasn't. I was irritated by the ignorant rants of a few others in this thread. I'm all for discussion and informed opinion. If everyone posted with in mind the ban would not be necessary
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »
No problem.
And my apologies if my response in my wrongly placed assumption seemed overly aggressive.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »
Not at all, mate, I always appreciate a measured response. <S>
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2008, 10:16:56 PM »

Hmmm.. I thought of a 'measured' response to the tone, considering presentation of the subject matter and bearing in mind that escalation in the rejoinder would be warranted; for the anatomical reference alone is offensive enough to authorize an overwhelming thermonuclear response, especially since I'd not be able to launch again..

Then I thought about butterflies and poodles and the urge went away.

..I'll let somebody else 'click the button'. And take some pride in that while I have done my fair share of pulling wings off of posters that dance around the maypole, I've never had to resort to the sub-basement level you took your post to.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2008, 10:31:16 PM »
Cant we all just get along?!?! :cry :cry :cry
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »
I think the whole thing is just great.  I recall happily when HTC closed the O'Club.  Coarseness is not praiseworthy, and is a symptom and an ill in and off itself of our times.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2008, 11:17:59 PM »
Well I think HTC is a group of good folk but they should have just made an over 18 O'Club with less moderation.  They could have had a poofr O'club as well for those who couldn't stomach harsh language. *shrug*
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2008, 11:32:57 PM »
This is what all you dweebs get for vulching and stick stirring.

Steve, you should update your avatar...

And in case anyone's wondering what all the fuss is about..  This is what the oclub started out as..
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,12.52500.html  And even that's one or two years after the real oclub beginnings..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:35:52 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2008, 11:48:43 PM »
This is what all you dweebs get for vulching and stick stirring.

Steve, you should update your avatar...

And in case anyone's wondering what all the fuss is about..  This is what the oclub started out as..
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,12.52500.html  And even that's one or two years after the real oclub beginnings..

What's wrong w/ my avatar? 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2008, 12:57:16 AM »
Hmmm.. I thought of a 'measured' response to the tone, considering presentation of the subject matter and bearing in mind that escalation in the rejoinder would be warranted; for the anatomical reference alone is offensive enough to authorize an overwhelming thermonuclear response, especially since I'd not be able to launch again..

Then I thought about butterflies and poodles and the urge went away.

..I'll let somebody else 'click the button'. And take some pride in that while I have done my fair share of pulling wings off of posters that dance around the maypole, I've never had to resort to the sub-basement level you took your post to.

Twat? Sub-basement? Get serious, mate. You're overreacting.
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2008, 01:13:51 AM »
moi?

perish the thought.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2008, 07:40:37 AM »
I've never had to resort to the sub-basement level you took your post to.

BS level of 92 Krusties.

:rofl
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace