Author Topic: Pyro's new rules  (Read 3607 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pyro's new rules
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »
look on the bright side fellas..we still have the wednesday babe  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:20 AM »
While I understand the reasoning for Pyros move.
I dont agree with it by a long shot.
I dont think they fully realise what they have here.
A flavor, a collection of some pretty bright minds and insights that you just dont see at many other places.
I consider myself better of BECAUSE of  rather then in spite of, some of the arguements I've been involved with here.

agreed :aok

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »
dred...  I have never been more in agreement with you.

This board was a valuable source of info for me.  It forced me to investigate and research.   I got a lot out of it.

I have never changed my handle or used a shade and would have no problem using my real name..  gave it to anyone who asked.. I never turned anyone in because they "offended" me.

Politics?   sure.. it was crazy but.. we are a month away from an election.   I am sure it woulda died down a little.. religion?  never was bothered.. in the end.. who cares?  you believe in something  or you don't.

Race?   The whole country.. maybe the world is afraid to discuss race so I guess I can't expect this board to be any different.   Probly will never get any better so long as that is true.

Too bad tho.... was a wonderful thing..  what a collection of minds we had.

lazs

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2008, 08:17:39 AM »
wow Im going to have to agree 100% with a Lazs post ;)

I'll also add that of all the times when people should be encouraged to discuss and think about politics, the run up to an election of a national leader is about the most crucial.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »
can't have that....

Let me add.. I have never been one to discuss important things with women.. they add little and they get upset and cry.

I believe that is what has happened here.   all the women got upset and cried when it became apparent that they had nothing to add,

lazs

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »
can't have that....

Let me add.. I have never been one to discuss important things with women.. they add little and they get upset and cry.

I believe that is what has happened here.   all the women got upset and cried when it became apparent that they had nothing to add,

lazs

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
Ted Nugent: "The sheeping of America is nearly complete".
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »
great wailing and knashing of teeth. .

:cry

It's HTC sandbox gentlemen, not yours.  Remember that. 

Life goes on.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2008, 08:54:03 AM »

It's HTC sandbox gentlemen, not yours.

my cat has a sandbox too, guess its full of the same stuff as this one!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55:21 AM »
You gave your cat a whole sandbox?  What a nice owner you are.

My cat is stuck with a tiny stinky litterbox.

Did you buy one of those big plastic jobs that look like a turtle or something?

[/sarcasm]
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »
If learning is a process of being exposed to new ideas and exchanging opinions, the dumbing down of this forum had made Aces High less valuable.  However, these forums always have been a bonus to the game, so can't get too mad at Daddy for taking some of our treats away. 

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »
Dred I agree,
It most likely would surprise some people but i have learned a lot from many in here, i actually respect lazs opinion, Dred's, and many others who have posted in here. There are many who would degrade the discussions by being immature with copying posts and changing things, but you learn after a while to ignore them. There are many intelligent, thought provoking commenters on this bbs, too bad it gets to name calling and other such crap.
You set out your opinion, if you have facts, great if not - you are screwed. I like that in a bbs. Looked at another one board promoted here, just a lot of name calling and foot stomping, in this economy, no one has the time for that anymore, I have wasted a lot of time in here ignoring business lol, time to get back to work.
I made my wife look up the "definition" for -Metrosexual- she still hasn't stopped laffing, her response- tell your pocket protector geek friends I would rather be married to one of those-where can i find one? - lol
 :lol

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »
great wailing and knashing of teeth. .

:cry

It's HTC sandbox gentlemen, not yours.  Remember that. 

Life goes on.

It is HiTech's sandbox, no mistaking that. Yet HiTech has repeatedly shown that he prefers to have the community police itself rather than have HTC police it. Examples include, community mods in the O'Club and in the game, report features in the game and here on the boards.

I think this whole mess could have been avoided if the community mod program here in the O'Club had not been allowed to melt away. For example, Skyrock's incessant trolling would have been stamped out before he really had a chance to get going if the community mods had still been in place.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »
the inflation has caused the assets to be withdrawn... the free market has spoken.   

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »
dred...  I have never been more in agreement with you.

This board was a valuable source of info for me.  It forced me to investigate and research.   I got a lot out of it.

I have never changed my handle or used a shade and would have no problem using my real name..  gave it to anyone who asked.. I never turned anyone in because they "offended" me.

Politics?   sure.. it was crazy but.. we are a month away from an election.   I am sure it woulda died down a little.. religion?  never was bothered.. in the end.. who cares?  you believe in something  or you don't.

Race?   The whole country.. maybe the world is afraid to discuss race so I guess I can't expect this board to be any different.   Probly will never get any better so long as that is true.

Too bad tho.... was a wonderful thing..  what a collection of minds we had.

lazs

Man, I hate when this happens.  I really have to agree with your post.   :mad:  Worst thing that could have happened today. :mad:

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce