Author Topic: Here ya go Falc :)  (Read 3498 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Re: Here ya go Falc :)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2008, 01:13:03 PM »
Try and look at it like this fugitive..

When going into a base,when cons start upping,they are not looking for the "FIGHT",they have  only ONE objective,"FIND THE GOON"..This is their primary goal.This means they are streaming past as many as possible to get to where they think it may be..hence as many as possible will try and get him,as someone may have enough E to get on him and kill him,if  he does not get HO'ed first...

I would like to think that many times,if someone hollers on vox CON LOW INTO TOWN,that many who are not close will turn and work on that con and break off from another in which 4-6 may already be chasing...

Falcon23 :salute
No argument from me Falcon23!

Give that man a watch!

If you up from a capped field your trip back to the tower can be measured in seconds!

If a mission has only one set of troops inbound, I would HO, ram or pick... whatever it takes to get the troops to the objective.

To some, the base capture aspect of AH is how THEY have fun. Just because the furballers or toolshreders like to get their jollys in a different manner doesn't make it "wrong". Not every player has spent thousands of hours perfecting their fighter skills. There is enough room in the game for all "mindsets".

Last time I was in the DA I seem to remember that it was all about fighters...

Kudos for trying to save your base though!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »
I love (lots of) Jugs. :cool:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »
Sure you can always raise the nose and start spraying from 1000 out but you can do that with any plane. Hell Iv out Hoed a 262 with my 109K4 before. I out a 30mm right in his cockpit from more then 800 out.............Iv never really got into a fight with a BoP without getting buzzed by the rest of the gang but just because you can take down buildings with it doesn't make you good in it. What makes you good is flying it looking for those who think all it can do is HO and wonder how the hell you out maneuver them and send them to the tower.

First i said tapping the trigger, a couple of quick controlled burst. this is not a spray and pray tactic. as 110's guns are all in the nose you need not worry about the diffusion of a burst over distance as you would with a fighter that has the convergence set for between 2 and 300. so targeting is improved without filling the sky with random bursts of unaimed shots.

Jetsom has killed a 262 with a hurricane, i have wounded one in a hurricane and i am very sure that others who are good in what they ride kill them often and with ease, whether they are cannon equipped or not. so because you HOed one once, and got lucky proves nothing. it only dilutes the conversation.

If you have never really gotten into a fight with a BOP without getting buzzed by the rest, then you have never really fought "A BOP". you engaged them when they were either attacking or defending a base with a mission goal preset. While i was a BOP i was on more than one occasion called off by USranger, Pony, Falconwing and others of experience and skill, when dropping into a fight between one of those above named and an enemy con. but these are random encounters, or fights that broke away from the main thrust or defense of a base. With the BOP's the mission comes first, this is how they operate. if you get in the way you get a free ticket to the tower.

i agree, you get better with experience. but the plane has its limits.

if you are a good stick in the 110 personally, then if you see me on some night and you are willing to teach, ask me to go to the DA or the TA. i love the lumbering hulk and would happily learn how to utilize it to its utmost from an experienced pilot.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »
Speak for yourself bud.

I want up to fight.   Biggest red dar bar means more to shoot at or shoot at me.  If taking the base is all you are after so be it, but don't justify the HO'ing and the horde by blaming the poor 38G driver who went up to fight :)
You know you're gonna get picked, or Ho'd, or ganged with 15 on 1...

I usually up in these odds, to get as many down as I can, reup and hopefully get to a goon...

Seeing how long I can stay alive is a fun game too!  :lol
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »
Forget the goon... forget the base... I'll up for the fight. Now if all I run into are folks that only have one move.. the HO.. I'll soon change to another field.

I simply look at the Ho as the other pilot conceding that you are much better than him before he even tries a move.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »

I simply look at the Ho as the other pilot conceding that you are much better than him before he even tries a move.

So on the night that Skyrock HOed me and then on 200 text me and said "sorry for the HO but i was desperate" means i am a better pilot? i disagree.

i caught him low in a dead stall without E and at every disadvantage possible, his only chance as he flopped over sideways was a head on shot as i dropped at him. if he hadn't fired he would have been toast. he had no ability to turn to move to evade before i would have been on him.

to me this is a combatant not giving up, but winning.

i thanked him for his compliment, that a noob like me got lucky enough to catch him in a disadvantage and force him to use a tactic he despises. i might have been the one in the tower but the compliment, made on 200, was worth more than the kill.

so to think that because someone HO's is a consession of his lack of skill or acm is a foolish statement. i would seriously doubt that you have never HOed someone in your history, so would that make you skilless as well?

each flies as they choose, and deploys the tactics that suits them and the situation best. the BOP's fight for the group mission others fight for the personal accomplishments and others still fight for.......well whatever the hell they are doing they are doing it the way they choose.

if you are worried about getting HOed from a BOP 110, then don't up from a base with a 110 mission inbound. take off from somewhere else and maybe, unlikely, but just maybe you'll get there before the base is taken.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »
Appreciate the folks who get it  :aok

BoPs fly all types of missions....people dont like the NOE takes but so be it...bottom line in those missions is protect the goon so brace yourself to die (i apologize in advance if its not in the way you wanted to die in  :pray)  If there are NOE  missions designed to furball let me know  :huh

As for the ex-BoPs  :aok Once a BoP always a BoP brother  :salute

SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »

AYE  :salute :salute :salute
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2008, 06:40:26 PM »
As for the HO...I went for the most expeditious means of getting you out of the way...removing the threat to our troops as they were approaching town. 

This was a "standard" BoP Smash and Grab base cap.  Speed is of the essence, it's not that we don't like to furball...many of us do.  But as stated earlier we go out with a mission goal and do our damnedest to accomplish that.  We often look for furballs, if thats what we plan on doing that particular mission.  Most squad nite missions are base caps or base defense.  If you're on a BoPs 6...and it's Monday night, better check ur 6 cause there's probably 1/3rd of the squad chasing you.  It's all about saving your squaddies A#$.

Juast because I went for the HO doesn't mean I don't know how to furball...was just the quickest/easiest way......anyone on that mission in my position would have done to protect the troops.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
As for the HO...I went for the most expeditious means of getting you out of the way...removing the threat to our troops as they were approaching town. 

This was a "standard" BoP Smash and Grab base cap.  Speed is of the essence, it's not that we don't like to furball...many of us do.  But as stated earlier we go out with a mission goal and do our damnedest to accomplish that.  We often look for furballs, if thats what we plan on doing that particular mission.  Most squad nite missions are base caps or base defense.  If you're on a BoPs 6...and it's Monday night, better check ur 6 cause there's probably 1/3rd of the squad chasing you.  It's all about saving your squaddies A#$.

Juast because I went for the HO doesn't mean I don't know how to furball...was just the quickest/easiest way......anyone on that mission in my position would have done to protect the troops.

....ahhh but do you try to accomplish that goal with skill, or dweebery? It just seems to me that the "dweebary" part of the mission plan is what "could" give the Bops a bad name.  Just something to think about.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2008, 07:13:38 PM »
Well, this stuff comes up year after year, and year after year it still is the same. AH BBS discussions such as this have yet to prove effective in changing habits on any side.

As for the term "skill", what a laugh. I have little "skill" here, because I have little spare time to play. Looking beyond the term "skill" is the word "fun", and that's why I play.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2008, 07:35:52 PM »
Oh my, we committed "dweebery".  How awful.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:57 PM »
LOL my apologies for posting the screenie and stirring things up.

As I said in a previous post, I joked with Falconwing at the time that I thought it would make a good screenshot.  It did.  He laughed, I laughed, I gave JollyFE grief for the HO shot when there were so many 110s pointed at me.

It just wasn't that big a deal other then being funny.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2008, 09:13:32 PM »
It just wasn't that big a deal other then being funny.

AGREED :rofl :rofl :rofl :salute
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »
Appreciate the folks who get it  :aok

BoPs fly all types of missions....people dont like the NOE takes but so be it...bottom line in those missions is protect the goon so brace yourself to die (i apologize in advance if its not in the way you wanted to die in  :pray)  If there are NOE  missions designed to furball let me know  :huh

<S> Falc