Author Topic: HiTech no likes ponys?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
HiTech no likes ponys?
« on: October 09, 2008, 07:22:18 AM »
about everyone I talk to in this game that knows anything about the P-51 will tell you that the pony in this game does not perform as it did in the real world. Is this in fact the case? And if so why would HTC do that?
I'd like to hear from someone on the HTC staff on this. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
Re: HiTech no likes ponys?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »
How many of the "about everyone I talk to in this game that knows anything about the P-51" have actually flown one? Most of them are just "educated" by the Discovery Channel BS. Perhaps one or two have actually read a book on the subject.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:47 AM »
Also how many people in the game actually fly the cartoon plane correctly;) i know when I get behind people like steve or shreck it handles pretty good against my corsair.  Sometimes the problem is not the plane sometimes its the pilots who think the p-51 is suppose to be super uber easy mode

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:45:17 AM »
Everything I've seen has matched the books I've read more or less.  What sources are telling you HTC has modeled it incorrectly?  Some books or perhaps talking to actual pilots?

If you're having trouble landing kills in a P-51 than perhaps it is the pilot at fault?  The plane in game is a beast.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »
I think I read in another thread that Hitech has flown a Mustang. I guess he has no point of reference.  :lol

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 07:54:20 AM »
I like Ponies.  :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:55:41 AM »
Ponies are [Borat Voice] Very nice!  :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 08:51:36 AM »
about everyone I talk to in this game that knows anything about the P-51 will tell you that the pony in this game does not perform as it did in the real world. Is this in fact the case? And if so why would HTC do that?

Who is this everyone that knows so much about flying real Mustangs that they can comment on the modeling in game?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 08:58:51 AM »

You mean that in real life they were not as stable as they are in the game?  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »
Hitech doesn't like any aircraft.  He created this game and intentionally undermodels every aircraft for the sole purpose of pissing us off.  Threads like this just encourage him. :cry

Hooligan

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 09:05:05 AM »
HiTech has flown a P-51, I think he knows how it should handle.  It handles just fine ingame, only a moron couldn't rack up kills in one. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 09:16:50 AM »
Hitech doesn't like any aircraft.  He created this game and intentionally undermodels every aircraft for the sole purpose of pissing us off.  Threads like this just encourage him. :cry

Hooligan

best answer yet! :rofl :rofl :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »
Clearly hitech is a cyber vampire that feeds on the tears of internet gamers hence the deliberate neutering of the p51 and luftwaffe rides to provide himself with a near infinite supply of meals.  Stop your crying fools! You're feeding the cyber darklord that is known as Hitech.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 09:37:11 AM »
uptown,

I think I understand what you are saying.  When I started this game all my efforts in the P-51 did not correspond to the legend.  I did notice however that there where a significant number of P-51 pilots that were VERY effective. Hmmm...

There were many nuances that I noticed in time that made all the difference.  I guess this is true for all planes.  What I found was you simply cannot fly all planes like they are a Spit!  :eek: 

Just a few nuances I found about the P-51 that made it a killer plane for me:
  • In most encounters the P-51 can decide when to start and when to end the encounter (run via diveout).  Very fast!
  • Has better dive performance than most planes.
  • Out turns most planes at high speed encounters without using flaps (both planes going 350mph +)
  • Unlike most any other plane, I could use flaps at 400 mph.  This added to the above.
  • Setting the convergence to 300 = massive damage to enemy plane (if firing at 300 too and not 800 etc.)
  • At high altitudes it has uber performance.
  • Nose over view good.
  • GREAT visibility (bubble canopy).  Setting my views to take advantage of this was useful.
  • Lastly, knowing these assets I weigh them against the pros\cons of the opponent vehicle (and skill).

It took much time to integrate these nuances into my actual flying (still working on it). ;-)

Good luck,

WT

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »
Uptown: Basically complaints come down to relative turn performance, according to tests the P-51 turned better than the Jug, Typhoon, and Tempest. It does not in game. I personally find the Jug just plain handles nicer and can follow things like a Typh, 109 G-14/K, or a Pony itself around in turns long enough to get the kill more easily, which is the opposite result than pilot opinion from WWII would lead us to expect. In particular, the P-47D-11 turns noticeably better than the Mustang.

Unfortunately, there are those on the internet who don't know any better and think the Mustang is a super-plane that ought to out-turn the Zekes and the like. This tends to muddy the water and make legitimate quibbles about the modeling of the P-51 in a particular sim difficult to bring up without a certain amount of guilt by association.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:58:55 AM by BnZ »