Author Topic: A question to GVers  (Read 747 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
A question to GVers
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:21:38 PM »
I have a question.

This issue may or may not have been previously discussed amongst all the brilliant minds located within the Aces High cartoon world, so i will throw it out and see what comes of it.

It is simple really, why do GV's spawn at almost the identical spot every time they respawn?

Spawn camping is a fun of the fight destroyer. you spawn, get shot before you can start your motor, go to tower, respawn and get shot again.

A good GVer with a memory for where you came out the last time can sit in one spot and single handily decimate a divisions worth of GV's spawning into his area.

why not randomize the Spawn points by a greater distance with more diversity of the pop up points?

It would give the spawning GVer at least a starting chance because the spawn point would not already be ranged and bracketed by one or two guys sitting and waiting.

Or, maybe another option would be that when a GV spawns it does so with engine running and in gear (second or third maybe) accelerated and rolling as he appears? Its easier to stall the motor and stop quickly if you don't want to move from your spawn point than it is to start the motor and then get up to any kind of speed from a dead stop.

I know, a little more complex maybe, but it makes just pointing your pre-ranged and targeted gun at one spot and pressing the trigger as a GV appears. If they come out moving at some speed you have less time to get the shot off before your pre-targeted solution is no longer of use. additionally if you missed on the impulse shot, a good GVer may now know your hiding spot and be able to maneuver to get a shot on you if you sit still too long.

I have only GVed on a few occasions, so i am no expert at the tactics and counter tactics employed by GVers in this matter. but i do know that spawn camping is a major reason why i do not GV. it is not my idea of fun to feed the points and ranking stats of someone who wont give me a chance to start my engine, let alone a chance to fight.

even those (personal pet name for vulchers omitted) vulching an air field have a harder time than this.

well anyways this was just my thoughts on the matter. maybe more people would learn to GV, making the battles bigger and more interesting than they currently are, if they can at least get a starting chance before becoming fodder for the guns of those with more experience.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: A question to GVers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:26:25 PM »
Try spawning in, keeping your engine off, listen and look to see where the shot is coming from. Then you will know where he is and next time you spawn in turn your turret around n shoot him.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »
Try spawning in, keeping your engine off, listen and look to see where the shot is coming from. Then you will know where he is and next time you spawn in turn your turret around n shoot him.

Stodd's advice is good.  Only thing I would add is that there are a few seconds (not sure of exact amount of time) where you can see him and he cannot see you when you first spawn in.  If you start your engine right off, it gives an audible clue that you have spawned in and where you might be.  I will tell you it took me months & multiple deaths to get used to the range on my tank's gun.  After you get used to how large a certain vehicle looks at a certain range you will just line your sight up on target without thinking about it.  Then it gets to be real fun!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
why do planes spawn at the end of runways at the sam eplace to get vulched? :uhoh

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »
why do planes spawn at the end of runways at the sam eplace to get vulched? :uhoh

Ask an intelligent question........get a stupid answer.

Thanx

I was going to preempt this type of responce by discussing in my post that when taking off from an air field, firstly you don't warp into a location you use a runway, next that you usually have multiple runways to chose from, you can come out of the hanger as well, your engine starts automatically upon spawning, you start to roll almost immediately and gather enough speed to turn your plane as u roll making at least a slightly harder to hit target, those vulching tend to as well be in planes which must maintain motion in order to remain in the air effectively removing the point it range it and pull the trigger as they appear method used when attacking GV spawn points from another GV.

But i had chosen to omit these statements from my post under the obviously misguided thought that i would get only intelligent people responding in an intelligent fashion.

should have known better........will us noobs never learn to stop expecting too much intelligence in cartoon land?! :huh

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »
You don't spawn in the exact same place.  You spawn randomly within a pre-defined area.  Normally, you'll spawn toward the "front" of that area (nearest the enemy base/target) but as you are killed over and over you seem to move further "back".

Unless a spawn camper has a very good position on the entire spawn area he will have to swing his gun from side to side to get shots on the incoming spawners.  He may also have to adjust range slightly depending on the exact point of the spawner.  There is also a slight delay between the time you spawn in and the time the camper sees you.

All of this gives you a very small window of opportunity to get a shot on the camper if you know where he is, you spawn in without starting your engine, you jump directly to your turret to turn for the shot and get range on the first try.

Multiple spawn campers?  Forget it.

The best way to bust a spawn capm other than with bombs is to spawn in multiple GV's simultaneously.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »
RGR on that you do not spawn in the same spot.... Stodd is right on ....... spawn in and be willing to sacrafice a tank or two inorder to get enemy position.use you re pintel gun position to  view....... Next as u spawn in swing your turret and drill the spawn camper...... 

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »
As the others have posted, you do actually spawn in a random location, but the area in which you spawn is limited.  Although it still makes spawn camping possible, it is a far cry from years past when you actually DID spawn in the exact same spot every time.

To break a camp, it is extremely helpful to call for help from squaddies or others.  With multiple GVs spawning simultaneously, whoever is not the target from the camper's shot should be able to get a bead on where he is.  If one of your buddies can begin to drive about, the camper is on the horns of a dilema -- shoot at the person who is moving and most clearly a threat, or still try to shoot spawning GVs.  Either way, he should be overwhelmed and dispatched shortly.

If attempting to break a camp alone, try this.  Move to a base as far away from your spawning base as possible.  Wait a good 10 count.  Quicky move back to the original base and spawn immediately.  Because of the way the game updates positions, this (theoretically) gives you the largest window in which you are "invisible" to the camper, during which time you should be able to get moving, or (if you have an idea where he is) get your turret spun around on him (T34/76 is best for this despite the sucky gun because of turret traverse time, as long as the camper is relatively close).
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline BushLT1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »
Best thing to do is Bomb a spawn camper . End of Story  :t

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »
what is all this talk about GVs? and how can i fly one?

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 12:15:37 PM »
     I wonder sometimes why people seem to have such problems with camping, yet
none at all with the magical tank teleporter with infinite repeats?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »

:rofl

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »

well i had always just gone under the assumption that skuzzy had worked a deal with Captain Kurk and Scotty and that all was calm within the force so poof there you is!
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »
i don't know the tech stuff behind it but i can tell you from watching a spawn or two,
 gv's spawn from diff. points and are directly related to your position ,
 camping,
 if you get too close :O the spawn moves
 the best place for camping is a little ways off the spawn, :cool:
if you watch a spawn from enough distance, it will change as other campers move closer to the center
I.E. they were coming up in five different places , so they could be predicted, but as soon as another camper moves into that area those points change. :mad:
 better too camp from say 1.5k than 500. :noid
airplanes don't spawn from the same place either, :cry
 i tried to camp a runway once not to long ago , and all planes upped from the same place till i got to that spot, then they started coming up behind me, till they were almost off the field.
 i have noticed that if you are alone,, and not too close,, there seem to be five places that they come up in , it does not take too long to figure out the pattern!
the only thing i have seen that is different is the pt spawns from bases like 9 or 10 on a certain map, the Pt's always come up in the same spot, :O which is a Field day for a good pt driver,
 only two people that have ever seen land 20 plus kills in a pt boat, and one of them was me :salute
Flying since tour 71.