Author Topic: Help Me! Help Me! Help Me!  (Read 136 times)

-soul-

Help Me! Help Me! Help Me!
« on: October 15, 1999, 09:56:00 PM »
I am running the following.....

Amd K6-2 450
64meg 100mhz Ram
Viper 770 32meg

I used to get 20fps sitting on RW, engine at idle, with a monster 2 16meg card.

Just bought the Viper 770 and thought I would see a decent ncrease in fps. However, I sit on th RW, engine at idle, still getting 20fps.

Is this due to my simple nature, or is it normal for the AMD to not dance like an intel, or what?

Waiting for HELP regarding this matter
SoulMan

chisel

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 1999, 10:14:00 PM »
Check display properties/ Advanced /Diamond 3d

Find aceshigh on profile list make sure vsync is unchecked.

Granger

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 1999, 06:53:00 AM »
Dump those pukey diamond drivers and install nvidia's detonator 2.08 version..much more stable and not as much crap in your systray.

On a second note, amd just doesnt do agp justice, no amd will run even close to a similar intel machine. Its a limitation to the super socket7 design, which has implemented agp as an afterthought, it just doesnt have the bandwith.

Granger

aircat

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 1999, 07:16:00 AM »
simple... amd (sorry to say this) blows chunks. grafix is very intence with FPU and thats one thing that AMD dropped the ball on... your CPU limited not vid card... I run a 233mmx and I even get 20 frames per.

I will say the Athlon did show its colors and fixed its problem... but thats a BIG differance in money.

-soul-

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 1999, 02:46:00 PM »
Thas what I was afraid of guys...thanks for input

Guess im off to the store for a new motherboard and cpu

SoulMan....out

scotty12

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 1999, 09:24:00 PM »
I agree, use Nvidia's detonator drivers 2.8
I use them and increased frame rates about 20 percent.
Also when in windows, hit ctrl,alt,and delete and see how many programs you have running before starting any game.  You should have only systray and explorer running on the computer, and nothing else.
If you see alot of programs, it uses up your resources making your computer slow down. I dodn't know how many programs are started up, but I do know that if you have alot of em running in the background, its a hit on frame rate.  Try it! you'll like it
Cya USA!!!!

------------------
USA