Author Topic: would you object  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
would you object
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2001, 12:31:00 AM »
No reason to limit spawning. It would be like telling new players yeah you can pay $30.00 but you can't fly everytime you want.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
would you object
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2001, 12:58:00 AM »
bad idea

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
would you object
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2001, 01:18:00 AM »
I can see the newbie questions piling up on this.

"It won't let me fly!"
"Uh, hello?"
Moves to Rook.

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
would you object
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2001, 02:43:00 AM »
Well, I'll be waiting for you all to Spawn, I'll have a Nice 500Kg Egg under my Belly   <KABOOOOM>

"56 Kill by Mass" .... I can already see it in the Buffer  

Oh, yeah... I forgot to tell, you'll prolly have 200 other Dweebs doing the same.

Also, think about the poeple connected through PHONE (In Europe, those on Modem or ISDN still have to pay their phone charges...and that's billed on TIME.) Do you realy think they will aceppt paying for sitting in the tower ?

I see your point Zig, and like the "org" side of it, but it will be "played" with (RE: the Egg kill) and will be whined about..($$$/s)

------------------
MASS/SAW
click  HERE for info on III./JG 5 Eismeer
"kindergarden must be closed... all those little girls running around screaming..."
 -Fd ski
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
would you object
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2001, 05:01:00 AM »
IMO a better idea would be to just have all guns deactivated for 30 seconds after spawn.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
would you object
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
I object.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

lazs

would you object
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
perhaps we could have an Amish section of the map where fun would be banned and all kinds of cool ideas that make things tedious and boring could be tried?  
lazs

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
would you object
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »

Originally posted by Zigrat:
to only have spawning available for 1 out of every 5 minutes?

ie "open" fields are open during an hour minues 1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36 etcera

if yuou  die during one of these minutes, u can immediately respawn, but otherwise u must wait until nxt respawn period (maximum of 5 minutes) to spawn

would promote teamwork imo

I see what your trying to do but you can't do that on a game like this. There are to many people with limited time that play. It takes long enough to make a bomb run with out having to wait five minutes to do it. It would be fine for those on H2H setting up a small arena with friends. They all agree to spend the time doing it. There are just to many people from to varied of backgrounds to do something like that on here. Hell I would be pissed if I was a bomber pilot and I was waiting for a respawn and had to take a leek and missed it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
would you object
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2001, 08:48:00 AM »

Originally posted by Maverick:
No reason to limit spawning. It would be like telling new players yeah you can pay $30.00 but you can't fly everytime you want.

Mav

And there within lies the business case aspect of it...you won't see it happen as long as the tools exist to limit the spawning by the power of yourself, taking out the VH, field, whatever that is spawning.

Ice

would you object
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
Not a bad idea Zig...will HTC implement it? Your guess is as good as mine

Ice

Moose11

would you object
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Hey lazs,

Ever notice that you always enter a contructive argument with an ill-timed post that only is there to incite a flame?

I have.

MrSiD

would you object
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
* Forrest Gump mode ON *

Aces High is like a can of worms...
You open the BB and you never know what you get..

* Forrest Gump mode OFF *

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
would you object
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »

lol MrSid   So true.

I would prefer a time limit in respawning from THAT particular filed that I'd just taken off from before subsequently getting shot down or crashing.

I do not like the idea however of waiting any lenght of time in whihc I cannot do anything. If I have to wait 5 or 10 minuites to respond from field A1, for instance, I may choose to gun on a CV or drive an M3 somwhere in the mean time. I should be able to, it's the MA.

-Westy

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
would you object
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Zig, getting a little frustrated with 1 or 2 people spawning constantly at a base and defending it    I hated that too.

I don't think people like to wait to spawn, but that doesn't mean they should necessarily be able to spawn at the same base over and over.  Variation on Zig's idea, limit the spawn repeat rate only at the one base where you got killed.  If you get 5 minutes wheels up time, then you can spawn instantly again, if you don't, then you have to move to another base or wait until the 5 minutes are up.

Or something like that, not sure about the time, just used 5 minutes as an example.

It wouldn't stop you from spawning instantly, just not at the same base over and over unless you managed to actually get some flying time in in the mean time.  Timer starts at wheels up and even most furballs between fields take basically 5 minutes to get to and fight in.  thus it wouldn't hurt the between field furball.  The base defense spawning would be limited though.

Just a thought.

-Soda

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
would you object
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Isn't there already a re-spawning time limit?

I think it's 15 minutes  

Seriously Zig,
If we didn't already have the means to limit re-spawning by taking down the hangars then I would agree with you.

But we DO have the capabilities at our disposal.

Cobra