Author Topic: Ruined.  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
Re: Ruined.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
are you rook too?  :lol
you explained it exactly the way i see it too..............

Heh heh heh.....how'd you guess? ;)
"Rotorhed"

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
Wow.  I've been playing this game for 3 to 4 years under various names and have for the most part had fun.  I've had to take a few breaks now and then and things seem to be better when I come back with a fresh start.  Not this time.  I took a break and came back only to get immediately reminded of why I left to begin with.

Lame actions that completely ruin the game such as:

*Team"mates" shooting a falling wreckage of a plane you just shot the wings off of.

*Team"mates" swooping in on a plane you manage to actually get in a good 1v1 fight.

*Team"mates" failing to give 'check 6' calls but falling in on the plane that is on you (using you for bait).

*HO shots by experienced players in uber rides on initial merge.  Example:  Just tonight I see a spixteen with alt heading toward me so I turn into him WITHOUT FIRING and he HOs me.  Whatever happened to the initial merge?  The guy was someone I HAD respect for (notice I said "HAD"). 

I think its time to retire for good.  It really is getting old (or maybe I am).

So I send a big <S> to all who have fought with honor and done your part to make this game fun over the years.  And to all of you who lack the stones and common respect to fight a good fight, kill steal, and abuse the game to boost your ego and compensate for certain shortcomings......well...you know what you can do.

P.S.  Please note:  How you respond tells the world which category you fit in. :aok

<S>Over and out. 

Dont let the hanger door hit you on the way out. See you when you come back.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »
I've learned that SA is my responsibility and that HO'ing happens. Frankly I try to give as many check sixes as possible. My thoughts on that are if I can keep my wingies alive I will have a better chance of survival. As far as some one picking your dueling opponent this is not a dueling arena. I always tell my squad and countrymen if they see me engaged kill that bugger. I'm probably loosing. Now as for your squaddies picking off your already disabled opponent. That's pathetic. I had it happen 3 times in one flight. I never saw the likes. All those guys are no longer part of the squad either. Not directly because of that but definitely character issues.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 10:23:51 PM »
You obviously have never served in the military.  If you had, you wouldn't be saying this because the first thing they teach you about combat is that it is you obligation to watch your Buddie's back because by doing so, the person's life you save may really be your own.

However, with two schools of thought as to whether this is a game of air combat simulation or just a flying game will generally correspond to your views on whether 6 calls is a gift or obligation. Those that subscribe to the combat simulation (generally military or ex-military) will feel that 6 calls are an obligation those that subscribe to the other will feel that its a gift which leads me to my next point.

Although this is a game, ergo no one really gets hurt or killed, the "its a game get over it" at times has been used to a great extent as a crutch to justify behavior or actions that would otherwise not be tolerated or severely looked down upon in the real world.  This game offers us a high level of anonymity that tends to open doors for those that are so prone, to act out juvenile and almost anarchical behavior.  You have some that feel this is a game about team work, others feel it's all about them and this is nothing more that an X-Box game with real people instead of AI.  And how you play this game depends on which school of thought you belong to.

This is about as much a simulation for WWII air combat as Top Gun is a movie about Navy Pilots. At first glance it might seem so, but then you see a bunch of oiled up dudes playing volleyball. The people who "simulate" the war are the same ones who never fight without an advantage. Some of them will avoid fighting at all costs. I have a sim for you...its called MS Flight Simulator. Leave us alone and let us play our game.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 10:52:43 PM »
Come hang out in the DA.  That's where the real pilots are at anyways. 

No...I'm not talkign about furball island.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »
You guys should really check this out. I'm not trying to be a jerk or whatever i'm just saying that this gentleman has the perfect mindset on this game...http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,249615.0.html
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
I think you fit in just fine! You whine when you lose and you feel great when you win! You should publicize your wins and shutup about the loses and everyone will get along just fine!  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »
You guys should really check this out. I'm not trying to be a jerk or whatever i'm just saying that this gentleman has the perfect mindset on this game...http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,249615.0.html

Agreed    :salute
"Hello, Newman."

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 12:36:40 AM »
just to clearify, (A) I wasn't complaining.  (B) I was just pointing the differnt mind sets that play this game and who typicaly falls into those mindsets.  So dont try and read anything into it that's not there.
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 12:37:32 AM »
You know what?....

If AH ever frustrates me SOOOOOO much that I decide to cancel (or simply not renew) my subscription, I won't be coming onto the BBS to tell everyone.  You'd have to have a pretty OVER INFLATED ego to think that ANYONE gives a rat's behind.

Nobody cares.

Do the manly thing.  Just quit.

No whining.  No drama.  No, "Look at me!  Look at me!"

If the game isn't fun for you anymore, just quit.  The world (and the AH2 world) will still turn without you.  :salute

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 06:14:17 AM »
It is a game.  Get over it.  I'm sorry if this is offensive, but my point still stands.
why i still play, and still have fun when i own a dweeb tryin to run, but i run him down  :D anyway, Ive flown with ya RoundEye, and i wish you much, and best of luck in what ever you do to fill this big gap of fre time youll have.  :salute sir, ill miss your company!
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 07:38:16 AM »
Come hang out in the DA.  That's where the real pilots are at anyways. 

Odd. I always thought the real pilots are flying real planes in the real world...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
Odd. I always thought the real pilots are flying real planes in the real world...

People confuse reality with cyber ego's gone wild.  :)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »
:rofl Yeah same here!  :aok
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey