Author Topic: Ruined.  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
Ruined.
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:03:08 AM »
Wow.  I've been playing this game for 3 to 4 years under various names and have for the most part had fun.  I've had to take a few breaks now and then and things seem to be better when I come back with a fresh start.  Not this time.  I took a break and came back only to get immediately reminded of why I left to begin with.

Lame actions that completely ruin the game such as:

*Team"mates" shooting a falling wreckage of a plane you just shot the wings off of.

*Team"mates" swooping in on a plane you manage to actually get in a good 1v1 fight.

*Team"mates" failing to give 'check 6' calls but falling in on the plane that is on you (using you for bait).

*HO shots by experienced players in uber rides on initial merge.  Example:  Just tonight I see a spixteen with alt heading toward me so I turn into him WITHOUT FIRING and he HOs me.  Whatever happened to the initial merge?  The guy was someone I HAD respect for (notice I said "HAD"). 

I think its time to retire for good.  It really is getting old (or maybe I am).

So I send a big <S> to all who have fought with honor and done your part to make this game fun over the years.  And to all of you who lack the stones and common respect to fight a good fight, kill steal, and abuse the game to boost your ego and compensate for certain shortcomings......well...you know what you can do.

P.S.  Please note:  How you respond tells the world which category you fit in. :aok

<S>Over and out. 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:29:15 AM by Roundeye »
"Rotorhed"

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
Re: Ruined.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »
"Rotorhed"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:10:46 AM »
Dammit!  I'm still having fun too.

The next thing you know, I'll be in line to not quit again!

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »
somebody has a anouther year to put in befor overcoming all that.

Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:35:06 AM »
Dammit!  I'm still having fun too.

The next thing you know, I'll be in line to not quit again!

Don't you start your not-quitting talk again!  You will clearly ruin the game if you continue to spout this stuff!
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 03:16:29 AM »
Some times, not all the times, it appears the falling plane is sttill flying (I know I've acidentally stolen some kills this way), but when someone does everything possible to shoot at a falling plane when they know it's going down is a btit annoying.

I too hate it when someone jumps in on a good 1v1 fight too. Though it's partially your fault too for not informing the pilots around you that you want this 1v1.

As for not getting check 6's, in a big furball there's always going to be someone going for you. Keep looking for that(those) guy(s). In smaller fights you really can't tell if your friendly knows he has someone on him, but a check 6 is still apreciated.

Ho's.....it's a part of a dogfight, you can either fire, or dodge it, it's your choice.

Just find a bunch of guys that you like flying with and fly with them. How knows you might remember all the fun times you had!  :salute

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 04:47:28 AM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 05:59:55 AM »
Roundeye I realize its now Sunday morning, which means you were probably high on Saturday night when you wrote this, but this kinda thing is not the best way to exit with. You make numerous disparaging remarks about "everyone else" and then cover your exit with.
P.S.  Please note:  How you respond tells the world which category you fit in.

Did it ever occur to you that you just categorized yourself with the rest of us?

This, "Im leaving,you cant talk me out of it, I love you, but you all suck" high drama is starting to get old.

Wow.  I've been playing this game for 3 to 4 years under various names and have for the most part had fun.  I've had to take a few breaks now and then and things seem to be better when I come back with a fresh start.  Not this time.  I took a break and came back only to get immediately reminded of why I left to begin with.

*Team"mates" shooting a falling wreckage of a plane you just shot the wings off of.

*Team"mates" swooping in on a plane you manage to actually get in a good 1v1 fight.

*Team"mates" failing to give 'check 6' calls but falling in on the plane that is on you (using you for bait).

*HO shots by experienced players in uber rides on initial merge.  Example:  Just tonight I see a spixteen with alt heading toward me so I turn into him WITHOUT FIRING and he HOs me.  Whatever happened to the initial merge?  The guy was someone I HAD respect for (notice I said "HAD"). 

So I send a big <S> to all who have fought with honor and done your part to make this game fun over the years.  And to all of you who lack the stones and common respect to fight a good fight, kill steal, and abuse the game to boost your ego and compensate for certain shortcomings......well...you know what you can do.

P.S.  Please note:  How you respond tells the world which category you fit in. :aok

<S>Over and out. 

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »
All those reasons make me want to play this game.. You know why? Whenever I get a chance to rage at someone over voice comms I feel like I'm in a happy place.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »
example of what annoys me most:

me and zetanine having a really fun spit/spit fight near the deck, a fellow nit in a pony a few miles away fighting something at ~10k. fellow nit loses advantage so dives away straight for my con, no check, no warning, misses the shot on zeta (because we're both slow and turning) but succesfully drags his con onto me. all I see is a nit pony buzz past us, then boom i'm in the tower. the killstealing is annoying, being used for bait is unforgivable.

<S> zeta, <FU> nit.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 08:56:47 AM »
Roundeye I realize its now Sunday morning, which means you were probably high on Saturday night when you wrote this, but this kinda thing is not the best way to exit with. You make numerous disparaging remarks about "everyone else" and then cover your exit with.
Did it ever occur to you that you just categorized yourself with the rest of us?

This, "Im leaving,you cant talk me out of it, I love you, but you all suck" high drama is starting to get old.

You've made it painfully obvious that you don't know me....and that you enjoyed snipping out parts of my post to suit your needs.  I love it.  Have a wonderful day.
"Rotorhed"

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »

I would actually prefer, when some con is on my ass, to have someone shoot down the guy that's chasing me rather than give some lame check six.

Nine times out of ten I either know someone's on my six, or assume someone is. That's especially true in furballs or when you're on a field being overwhelmed by cons.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »
So from my perspective nothing has changed.

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »

<S>Over and out. 

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 10:22:07 AM »
It is a game.  Get over it.  I'm sorry if this is offensive, but my point still stands.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ