Author Topic: 1946 and beyond  (Read 1053 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
1946 and beyond
« on: October 12, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
  Taken from another game, I find it interesting. (BattleField 1942 series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zotloaibes

Thought i share.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: 1946 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:38:42 PM »
That looks like the most pathetic, retarded, waste of money game I have ever seen... And to think if the kids here got their way, AH would be the same. Did anyone else notice the JET PACK?!?  :O :furious

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »
That looks like the most pathetic, retarded, waste of money game I have ever seen... And to think if the kids here got their way, AH would be the same. Did anyone else notice the JET PACK?!?  :O :furious

Oh come on now, it's not that bad looking.  Not the greatest representation, but remember that is a 'game' this is a 'simulation'.  True the 'jetpack' was just plain ridiculous.  However to say "the most pathetic, retarded, waste of money", one it has grammatical errors, but secondly it's just overkill.  Now stop joking around  :D.  However it would be kinda nice to have those graphics if all subscribers to Aces High had a good PC, however since they all do not the current graphics are good.  In fact they are quite nice for a game of this type. :aok
No more joking around, and go knock some sense into those kids. :O

:salute
   X
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »
However it would be kinda nice to have those graphics if all subscribers to Aces High had a good PC,

Did you notice that all the really good-quality shots were rendered cut-scenes?  The in-game graphics were typical and nothing to get excited over.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
Did you notice that all the really good-quality shots were rendered cut-scenes?  The in-game graphics were typical and nothing to get excited over.

True true, they aren't exciting, but not bad either.  Either way, i stand corrected.  Would be kinda neat to have the Movie graphics then?
But as stated, I know that is impossible for this game, and I am perfectly happy with that. :D
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline A.F. Crash, Fire, Rescue

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 01:09:50 AM »
What else is wrong about the video is the XF-85 Goblin wasn't a WW2 aircraft. It was a post WW2 idea to be carried by the B-36 Peacemaker while in flight and released to fend off attacking fighters while over target. the XF-85 Goblin was a parasite fighter.
91st Bomb Group(Heavy) "The Ragged Irregulars"
Fire Protection Journeyman, USAF Fire Protection
Operation Iraqi Freedom, Jan. 08-May-08
"Protecting Those Who Defend Freedom"
If you can't stand the heat, then become a cop.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 01:10:55 AM »
Oh come on now, it's not that bad looking.  Not the greatest representation, but remember that is a 'game' this is a 'simulation'.  True the 'jetpack' was just plain ridiculous.  However to say "the most pathetic, retarded, waste of money", one it has grammatical errors, but secondly it's just overkill.  Now stop joking around  :D.  However it would be kinda nice to have those graphics if all subscribers to Aces High had a good PC, however since they all do not the current graphics are good.  In fact they are quite nice for a game of this type. :aok
No more joking around, and go knock some sense into those kids. :O

:salute
   X

Actually, its spot on. I have never seen anything more pathetic, retarded, or a bigger waste of money in the form of a video game.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »

It wasn't that bad....you've got to consider the target audiences of these games, Battlefield 1942 is aimed at a far younger group of people than Aces High, which is mostly adults.  In addition to that, the options for each player in BF1942 are so much greater than in Aces High, you can be an infantryman, tank driver, sub/destroyer commander, pilot, and so on.

It isn't fair to summarily look down upon a game just because it isn't realistic.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Private Burns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »
The battlefield 1942 series was a very good yea it was a little bit unrealalistic but it was very fun.  The best battlefield game ever made was battlefield vietnam it was beast the helicopters were awsome. and the game is some 5 years old at least and still has almost as much ppl playing as this game.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
The battlefield 1942 series was a very good yea it was a little bit unrealalistic but it was very fun.  The best battlefield game ever made was battlefield vietnam it was beast the helicopters were awsome. and the game is some 5 years old at least and still has almost as much ppl playing as this game.
Really? The last time I booted up Battlefield 1942 I couldn't find any servers?

BTW Aces High is almost 10 years old.

Offline Private Burns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »
umm yea i was talking about battlefield vietnam and aces high is a game that ppl keep playing cuz it gets updated those games do not

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
umm yea i was talking about battlefield vietnam and aces high is a game that ppl keep playing cuz it gets updated those games do not

Or perhaps they keep playing because it is realistic and requires some skill other than who can hit the 'jump' key the most while holding down the trigger?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »
aces high is a game that ppl keep playing cuz it gets updated those games do not
That's a stupid thing to say. Games like Battlefield Vietnam keep being played because the game is so open to modification, so it continues to be 'updated' and expanded by the player base just like Aces High is updated and expanded by HTC.

Offline Private Burns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »
yea u guys r right i didnt kno wht point i was trying to make it i was baically takling out of my butt

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »
Sean, use the spell check at the bottom of your post screen haha.  :lol

:aok
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC