Author Topic: Trying to re-find the fun  (Read 1190 times)

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Trying to re-find the fun
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »
Well, after takeing some time off from the MA's, then returning to find that I am worse (if thats possible) then I was B4. Getting frustrated at the classic HO'ing and picking and all the rest of the classic complaints we have all heard a thousand and one billion times. I came across "Badhorse".

Badhorse was my first real wingie back when we were both still learning to play the game, we flew fighters drove tanks defended and attacked, took bases and lost them landed kills and got killed plenty. Sometimes we would pork fields, bomb rifinerys (cause they burn) or just up something and go get killed. No matter what we did we always had fun. Anyways I went off to learn to be a cartoon fighter pilot and he kept doing what ever the heck you wanna call what it was we used to do.

So earlier tonight we went to midwar, I asked him what he wanted to do and we decided to knock out all the troops and radar at the 4 V-bases threatening a few airbases we had in the area. We upped a couple F6F's and I couldn't beleave I could still hit anything on the ground with a rocket or bomb. we let everyone know the bases were ready for troops and we even took one ourselves, my first capture in a couple years. Was FUN.

Well what i learned about finding the fun that I have been looking for of late is this, You don't have to be a fighter pilot, or bomber or GV'er or furballer or toolshedder, you just have to enjoy what your doing whatever that may be, don't let anyone tell you how to have fun and just go out and have fun. Enjoy the company you keep and don't worry about anyone elses standards for gameplay, play the game to have fun, try something new or in my case something old.

I don't think I have ever had a better time playing this game then when I have been in the company of Badhorse, i have alot of friends in the game and I have fun with all of them doing different things at different times different ways, everyone has a take on the game and do what they enjoy doing, alot of people I know would not be caught dead takeing a base, some really don't like it and others it's just not what furballers do, in any case "S" to everyone that does as they please in the pursuit of fun.

Now I just have to talk Badhorse into switching sides now and again.

Don
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
Re: Trying to re-find the fun
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 09:18:27 PM »
very true Yanksfan!

A big  :salute
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 10:13:52 PM »
Hear hear YanksFan!

someone needs to tell this to some of the whackjobs in the "ruined" thread.

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:40:15 PM »
Hear hear YanksFan!

someone needs to tell this to some of the whackjobs in the "ruined" thread.
I'm gona second that. Yanks, i wish everyone had the same perspective on this game as you. Then again, that wouldn't make for very fun BBs... :lol But you my friend, have the perfect mindset.  :salute
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »
Well, after takeing some time off from the MA's, then returning to find that I am worse (if thats possible) then I was B4. Getting frustrated at the classic HO'ing and picking and all the rest of the classic complaints we have all heard a thousand and one billion times. I came across "Badhorse".

Badhorse was my first real wingie back when we were both still learning to play the game, we flew fighters drove tanks defended and attacked, took bases and lost them landed kills and got killed plenty. Sometimes we would pork fields, bomb rifinerys (cause they burn) or just up something and go get killed. No matter what we did we always had fun. Anyways I went off to learn to be a cartoon fighter pilot and he kept doing what ever the heck you wanna call what it was we used to do.

So earlier tonight we went to midwar, I asked him what he wanted to do and we decided to knock out all the troops and radar at the 4 V-bases threatening a few airbases we had in the area. We upped a couple F6F's and I couldn't beleave I could still hit anything on the ground with a rocket or bomb. we let everyone know the bases were ready for troops and we even took one ourselves, my first capture in a couple years. Was FUN.

Well what i learned about finding the fun that I have been looking for of late is this, You don't have to be a fighter pilot, or bomber or GV'er or furballer or toolshedder, you just have to enjoy what your doing whatever that may be, don't let anyone tell you how to have fun and just go out and have fun. Enjoy the company you keep and don't worry about anyone elses standards for gameplay, play the game to have fun, try something new or in my case something old.

I don't think I have ever had a better time playing this game then when I have been in the company of Badhorse, i have alot of friends in the game and I have fun with all of them doing different things at different times different ways, everyone has a take on the game and do what they enjoy doing, alot of people I know would not be caught dead takeing a base, some really don't like it and others it's just not what furballers do, in any case "S" to everyone that does as they please in the pursuit of fun.

Don

Bingo!

You couldn't have said it any better.   :salute
"Hello, Newman."

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 12:42:24 AM »
Yay!  A non-whine!

WTG!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 12:59:41 AM »
... just go out and have fun. Enjoy the company you keep...
Don
Nice :)    :aok
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
Quit being reasonable Yanks!   :furious
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 01:19:49 AM »
Yanks,

Due to the most recent game upgrade by HTC and my 5 year old computer, I had to build a new one this weekend. It runs 1024 textures the same as 512 textures. 80's FPS in furbals and 115-120 FPS the rest of the time while VSync is forced on. I'm now playing an entirely new game. I didn't recognise my squad mates voices at first tonight because my audio hardware accelration is at max. No distortion. The squad had a fun and embarassing for me evening over that.

All of my timing is off. I'm having to learn gunnery again. But its also like I just got glasses after a few years of my vision going bad. Totaly new eye candy.

The game is what you make of it. Its wonderful to see you trusted your instincts about what is fun for you and found your freind all over again........... :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »
I was in MW Sunday too. I was waiting on Soulyss to time out so he could switch sides with me to find a fight. I jumped in an M3 all alone and headed to a V Base. Was killing time and figured I'd get shot to pieces before getting close. I came around a bend and saw smoke rising from the base. I blindly drove right in and dropped my troops. I was amazed no one was even there... the base was captured. I couldn't help but laugh. This was a frontline base in an area where we had been fighting in aircraft. I much prefer dogfighting to GVing, the scenery goes by much faster, but that was just plain funny.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:28:07 AM »

Don
well said dude///////

you oughta come to MW more often.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »

Don

This game on occasion gets to be the same old thing. For me I started to switch countries to the lowest side. I just got tired of the same old same old.  It has made a few of my old country men mad but what the heck is this game about anyway? The Fight, correct?  As much smack talk that goes on here and me being one of the worst offenders it all just comes down to the fact that we are all just a big disfunctional family with the same interests. One thing switching countries has done for me is to get to know people that have killed me a bunch or that I killed a bunch. Most are rather fun to fight with. It has opened up a whole new dimension to the game for me. Fighting against the base taking squads that I sometimes flew with that refuse to give up has really made the game better for all concerned. At least I think so. Some don't and get quite upset and start calling me classless and a traitor. I was even accused of listening in on a countries tactics and then switching countries to stop their base take. I had made an announcement that since there was no rooks on that I was switching sides. By the way there was nobody on the side I switched to so still am trying to figure out why anyone needs tactics to take an undefended base. But it's their $15 so they were doing what they wanted. I pretty much stay in MW, for me it's a little more manageable than MA. The dogfights are more personal as well as the other aspects of the game. I would like to see the game change a bit but until it does I'll keep pluggin along.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

This game on occasion gets to be the same old thing. For me I started to switch countries to the lowest side. I just got tired of the same old same old.  It has made a few of my old country men mad but what the heck is this game about anyway? The Fight, correct?  As much smack talk that goes on here and me being one of the worst offenders it all just comes down to the fact that we are all just a big disfunctional family with the same interests. One thing switching countries has done for me is to get to know people that have killed me a bunch or that I killed a bunch. Most are rather fun to fight with. It has opened up a whole new dimension to the game for me. Fighting against the base taking squads that I sometimes flew with that refuse to give up has really made the game better for all concerned. At least I think so. Some don't and get quite upset and start calling me classless and a traitor. I was even accused of listening in on a countries tactics and then switching countries to stop their base take. I had made an announcement that since there was no rooks on that I was switching sides. By the way there was nobody on the side I switched to so still am trying to figure out why anyone needs tactics to take an undefended base. But it's their $15 so they were doing what they wanted. I pretty much stay in MW, for me it's a little more manageable than MA. The dogfights are more personal as well as the other aspects of the game. I would like to see the game change a bit but until it does I'll keep pluggin along.

you're actually pretty cool, and respectable dude........i've never had a complaint or problem with you.......well, except thqat one night i couldn't get into a good fight with you in your mossie. it seemed that regardless of what i said on my side, someone jumped in, causing you to have to extend away, as you were fighting too smart.......or someone from your side would do the same....but sooner or later, i'll get to shoo.....eerr.....fight your mossie :aok :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »
I was in MW Sunday too. I was waiting on Soulyss to time out so he could switch sides with me to find a fight. I jumped in an M3 all alone and headed to a V Base. Was killing time and figured I'd get shot to pieces before getting close. I came around a bend and saw smoke rising from the base. I blindly drove right in and dropped my troops. I was amazed no one was even there... the base was captured. I couldn't help but laugh. This was a frontline base in an area where we had been fighting in aircraft. I much prefer dogfighting to GVing, the scenery goes by much faster, but that was just plain funny.

That's because we were on the Bish end of the map keeping the Playmates busy defending their bases. Great fun...... They can't be everywhere.

P.S. good job landing those tank kills. It shocked the hell outta me when I saw it on the text buffer. With you AckAck and Souless on the same side I guess you had to gv it to find a fight. I saw that on the roster and said to myself..... I am not flying over rook land today ;)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »
you're actually pretty cool, and respectable dude........i've never had a complaint or problem with you.......well, except thqat one night i couldn't get into a good fight with you in your mossie. it seemed that regardless of what i said on my side, someone jumped in, causing you to have to extend away, as you were fighting too smart.......or someone from your side would do the same....but sooner or later, i'll get to shoo.....eerr.....fight your mossie :aok :D

Thanks Cap. I hope you find a good home. :aok