Author Topic: Wow....  (Read 3868 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Wow....
« on: October 15, 2008, 05:08:10 PM »
I just read down the AH General Discussion, the biggest threads were whines and rants and ALL of them ended in an Argument... I wonder how long this one will last w/o a single argument??

Why doesn't everyone just chill out? Have fun with the game, and don't spend your time here trying to have your way with a game, and don't try to put down other players... I've seen people talk about how much they love helping out newer players (or for that matter, EVERYone) and when someone asks for that help, they just are straight up mean or rude to them... (I've done it myself)

I bet that 50% of the people who quit the game without any sort of 'I'm quitting!' on General Discussion quit because of another player straight up pissing them off or trying to degrade them.

If you like to BnZ, let it be, you're having fun, it's your money. Everyone (including me) puts down BnZ'ers because it takes no skill, well okay... But what if you really like to BnZ? What if you really like to actually get kills because you're still learning the ACM for TnB? I understand people who put the people who vulch 2nd accounts for perks or rank, as those just ruin the aspect of the game. But you tell me, why do you act like this over the forums and over text, but when you get on to vox, 90% of the time, you're pretty nice to the person you were talking sh*t to 5 minutes ago on 200. I've had that happen with about 4 of my 5 big 200 rants/DA fights... Kinda confusing.  :confused:

Just seems that when people say this over the intardnet, is this what they'd say to someone's face in real life?  :huh
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Wow....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »
i'm sorry, but your sig broke my irony meter.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »
i'm sorry, but your sig broke my irony meter.
:confused:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 05:43:23 PM »
I like that you include a troll in your plea for people to be reasonable and enjoy the game. :rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »
Eh, idk, I usually prefer to be chilled out. But it just seems odd to find people randomly starting an argument in a thread or degrading someone. I expected this type of reply though.  :rolleyes:

Oh well.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
If you like to BnZ, let it be, you're having fun, it's your money. Everyone (including me) puts down BnZ'ers because it takes no skill,

Oh, really?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »
I bet that 50% of the people who quit the game without any sort of 'I'm quitting!' on General Discussion quit because of another player straight up pissing them off or trying to degrade them.
Everyone (including me) puts down BnZ'ers because it takes no skill
:rofl hypocrite.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »
You know what I mean. :)
No, actually I don't know what you mean other than what you said. If you meant something other than BnZ takes no skill, tell me what exactly you meant.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 05:54:02 PM by Steve »

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »
is this an Argument?

zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
No, actually I don't know what you mean other than what you said. If you meant something other than BnZ takes no skill, tell me what exactly you meant.

Okay, I meant that everyone states to every BnZ'er that what they do takes no skill and that the only thing they are and can be is a noob... That's what I was trying to get around.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »
What if you like to BnZ but can't get kills cuz your gunnery sucks, you have no ACM, and have a habit of augering, but still get called out on 200 for being an A-hole just for trying.  It can be a bit humbling.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
Okay, I meant that everyone states to every BnZ'er that what they do takes no skill and that the only thing they are and can be is a noob... That's what I was trying to get around.

You already told me you "state" it so I still don't know what you mean.  I'm trying though.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »

BS.  That you think a good BnZ pilot doesn't require ACM knowledge shows you don't know what you're talking about.  ACM isn't only for TnB.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!