Author Topic: Tou can only take x% fuel load  (Read 126 times)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
Tou can only take x% fuel load
« on: April 07, 2001, 09:16:00 PM »
OK, how many times have you gone to an airfield, and clicked your starting point, only to have the system tell you...

"You can only take x% fuel load."

There is an OK button there, how about modifiying it so that if you click "OK" you are launched from your selected start point with the fuel load maximum that the message said you could get? We could add a CANCEL FLIGHT button if you think that whatever is availble won't be enough for what you were planning.

It sure would save the time from having to go to the hanger and wiat just so you can select what the system told you was available.

Come to think of it, the same could work for external ordanance as well.

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Midnight,

I believe this suggestion has been made before.  One frustrating part is when you've at a field with say only 25% fuel max and then you switch fields and launch there it gives you the same 25% fuel.  BUT, some people don't like to fly with the max about available for certain missions.  For example, I don't ever fly with a full load on bomber missions.  I just don't need it and I want my plane lighter.  Also, for point defense of a field I'll take maybe 50% max.  Again, I don't want or need it and would prefer a lighter plane.  So, the problem is how does HT solve your problem yet not create a new one for other players who set their fuel to the mission.  I'd say that a limited fuel situation is more the exception than the rule.  

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2001, 01:40:00 AM »
SpitLead, I think you mis understod me. I would not want to be defaulted to the max available at the field either.

What I am saying is, if I have 75% fuel selected and the base I go to launch at only has 25% available, it will pop up a message window that says so.

I would then like to be able to click "fly anyway" or "cancel flight" basically, so you don't have to go back to the hanger to make the selection manually. The cancel flight button would be needed, because for most cases, 25% fuel is not enough.

Better?

------------------
Midnight
13th TAS[/i]
       midnight@13thtas.com      

"You tell them I'm coming.. And Hell's coming with me!" -Kurt Russel Tombstone

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »
I think it's a good idea.

When ever you get one of those hanger messages, such as "ordinance disabled" or "max fuel is 25%", clicking OK should send you to the runway, why else have it clickable?

Yello1

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2001, 07:08:00 AM »
Agreed, this is the most annoying game feature that I canthink of (oh wait, autoclimb ripping your wings off when you go back to pilot from gunning, or when you go to bomb sight in a dive is!)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2001, 12:56:00 AM »
Too, I don't like popping into an airfield and getting the warning, moving to another field yet my fuel has been reselected to less than a prudent amount. Uncool!

------------------
Voss
13th TAS