Author Topic: hmm need a little help  (Read 1557 times)

Offline cdmanm

• Zinc Member
Re: hmm need a little help
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 06:48:17 PM »
you might want to pull up the nose right when you are going to land so the egine doesn't break

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »
Dude, forget putting the gear down.. belly it in... you stop faster which helps you avoid vulch dweebs
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline cdmanm

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
lets nag  :furious lol

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
try the 'Auto-Land' feature. yeah, I know it's for n00bs, but it saves my perkies.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
i have been flyin the la-7 and as we all know it runs out of ammo kinda quickly
but when i try to land the la-7 (and any other fighter) i alway lose my engine and with the la-7 i lose both my wings and every other removable part of the plane.

1 out of 42 times i make a successful landing

i am using flaps on full but whenever i land the plane suddenly swerves left or right knocking out the engine and both wing

i'm not having a hard time at all landing bombers they are easy to land but when i land fighters i always at least lose my engine
 :cry

can i get some tips on landing fighters?

might sound stupid, but if your gear is down, and you're doing everything else right, check your rudder pedals. the right toe brake went bad in mine........so when i landed, it would swerve that way no matter what i did. i simply scaled that one down to 0......now i either belly land, or land on a cv.....assuming i get to land.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 09:38:56 AM »
You don't use any rudder, do you Neary?  My guess would be you don't even in flight when fighting.  If that's the case you'll most likely do a groundloop as the plane swerves sideways.  Just counter with rudder to keep it going straight and also pulling back on the stick to lock the tailwheel will help in keeping you from swerving too much.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »
 Landing is tedious.  if you want to do it right you have to line up with the runway(which required to approach it properly),  you have to watch you gauges and you have to control your speed.  If you hit the runway at or under 100 mph and immediatly start braking I can't understand the problem.  Minor adjustments is all that is needed.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Osterich

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 07:33:39 PM »
might sound stupid, but if your gear is down, and you're doing everything else right, check your rudder pedals. the right toe brake went bad in mine........so when i landed, it would swerve that way no matter what i did. i simply scaled that one down to 0......now i either belly land, or land on a cv.....assuming i get to land.

You might try mapping the X-Axis on your rudder pedals (left toe brake) to "Brake Both" so you can land on runways again.  You'd just have to use a bit more rudder to keep your heading; or kill the engine.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 01:15:07 AM »
I never use flaps to land. just throt off and full rudder till slow enough and land without a bounce every time ....cept for the F4U's. Then I'm usually spinning around and rolling backward to re arm hehe