Author Topic: Default CV path  (Read 259 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Default CV path
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
Since we're talking about cv's:

I sometimes briefly take control of a cv when I see that no one is driving it, and it's headed straight for a sb or a pt spawn.  I set it on a new course, and then relinquish control since I don't want the responsibility of monitoring it.  Within a minute, the cv will go back to its suicidal heading, and no one is in command.

Is it the server changing its path, or are others resetting its course without taking command?  I would think that if someone didn't like the course I plotted that they would take command, am I wrong?

What to do?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Default CV path
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:23:11 PM »
Yeah, the only time the server sets it is if it respawns, then the server sets it on a short default course.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
So someone is sending the cv back to danger without taking command.  I see.  In that case, should I retain command even if I don't want to closely monitor the cv?  I would be more than happy to give up command to someone who wants the responsibility and won't go suicidal with it.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »
No. If your not in the CVs vacinity let it go. If someone is looking to use it they will move it otherwise let it run into the pt spawn. More than likely no one will spawn to kill it because if no one is upping then the CV is in cognito so to speak.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
No. If your not in the CVs vacinity let it go. If someone is looking to use it they will move it otherwise let it run into the pt spawn. More than likely no one will spawn to kill it because if no one is upping then the CV is in cognito so to speak.

I'm speaking of circumstances where the enemy has already spotted the cv and is actively trying to sink it, e.g.  I know this because I'm flying in the area but not hovering over the cv to defend it.  What then?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
If I am not using the CV, I personally do not worry about it other than to announce its possible demise if someone does not take authority. You can't cover all points in the game yourself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)