Author Topic: Should I retire my mouse? Opinions needed please!  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Should I retire my mouse? Opinions needed please!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2008, 02:59:21 AM »
Flying virtual helicopters is much easier and more precise with a mouse, for me anyhow. Actualy using two joysticks in a heli simulation is tough. I love choppers, shame there are few heli sims worth playing out there.

Black Shark. :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »
Oi Bat, stop fannying around with Helicopters, n get back in game will ya......sheesh  :D :D

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 05:32:25 AM »
a great man sent me a computer, i'm off today to buy a power supply so i should be a target again soon

black shark, i will have to check it out

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2008, 05:40:29 AM »
a great man sent me a computer, i'm off today to buy a power supply so i should be a target again soon

black shark, i will have to check it out

S!

Black shark has just come out and it's suppose to be the most advanced sim made to date, even if you can only fly one helo :(

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »
Would look interesting if it wasn't for the Starforce.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2008, 11:14:22 AM »
Not sure if kazaa will ever be as precise in a straight da fight with a joystick. i think it will add to his overall game in the end.

most importantly though, it's just that much more fun playing AH with a joystick.

we had 5 fights with him using a stick,  He did just fine with it but as he was losing it was back in the cupboard quicker than you can say Jammie dodgers!! 

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »
I just want to fly an MD500, infact lets take that one stage further and say i would like to own a real MD500.

I got PC sorted, mulligan is king
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mutly2008

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 06:58:44 PM »
Really my friend, it's fairly simple;  It's a game first. Why spent gobs of money on toys, that in the end, can't promis to make you any better than you already are?  The real reason for yokes, pedals, throttle quadrants and such, is to make the flight sim aspect of the game, more realistic.  As for all the oppinions,...  You already should know about them.  But then again, some boys love lots of toys, and if you got the bread, buy 'em!  Having a realistic set-up for flight simming is good for simming in other arenas, like Microsofts flight sim 10.  I got a joystick and I suck at this game!  But I like the "Self punishment" also.  I'm a masickist I guess!  <S>

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »
The fact that a Joystick is self centering means I can shoot so much better with it then I could with a mouse, if I don't have my mouse exactly centered then it will roll/pitch away from the shot. It's totally different from an FPS game where if you let go of the mouse the cursor stops.

Yes that's why isaid your overall game will improve. you might sacrifice some turn accuracy but you'll gain in other areas.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »
I just wanted to fill everybody in on current events.

I brought a CH Combatstick and instantly fell in love with it, I’ve yet to have my controls stole in combat and my shot is almost godlike.

A few weeks later I brought the CH Pro Throttle and I’m using hats for views now.

All in all my flying is more precise and I'm sticking with my full CH setup.

<S> to everybody who shared their opinions with me.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »
He's dead, Jim.   :cry

Thats all right Kaz, I'll have to recruit a squeeker to fill the mouse/kb player void  :D