Author Topic: Can we just rename it?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can we just rename it?
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »
Holy necro-bump Batman!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »
lol I was in MW for a bit and landed 15 kills in a panzer. I was just sitting on the edge of our gv base and they kept coming.

Went to LW to fly with my Squad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2008, 01:13:16 PM »
I'm a slow learner so, I'm liking some aspects of the game.

Let's face it, the prediction code / collision code needs work.  As it stands, you can spray someone with a nanosecond burst and BOOM...and other times, same planes you can spray with cannon rounds (YOU THINK you are hitting them) and nothing happens.  What YOU see and what the server sees is totally different. 

Thus, 1v1 is still always going to be unbalanced.  So you have to take the game as a whole. 

If it's 1v1's you want you have three options.
1. dueling server
2. fly HIGH over a contested town and look for that 1v1, you will probably find it at around 15-20k...but have a buddy 5k behind you in case HIS buddy 5k behind him decides to jump in.
3. LOOK for it.  You can't just spawn and expect 1v1's.  They didn't happen in real life that often you know?  I like to look around the towns where the numbers are equal and the battle is in between bases.  I usually fly away from the middle of the line a bit, and usually that's where you will meet up with someone else trying to sneak in for bomb drops.  Happens to me all the time.  I have to drop my bombs/rockets and duke it out.  Unfortunately however there usually is another guy with him or behind him.   There is much to be learned with a 1 vs 2 (you being the 1).  For me it usually ends in being sixed and not being able to shake them.  Although I did this inverted loop with my mosquito the other night and was amazed to see the aircraft that was on my six was now flying low RIGHT below me.  I upped the wep, knifed over and sixed him. :)  1 down 1 to go.  The other guy in a p50run took off.  Yay.

S

:uhoh
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »
See Rule #10 folks.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese