Author Topic: Wife Aggro  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
Wife Aggro
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:40:45 AM »

So it is as most of you married gents out there know. Unless your wife is a direct
         participant, immersed in the warfare of AHII, shes probably going to throw a wrench
         in your props, and chances are unintentionally. Was having one of those weekends,
         winter-blahs, feeling my age and just couldnt really get in an online mood.

Finally got into (Blue-Arena I believe) and decided to warm up with a care-free
          bombing run while I woke up with my cup of "Max" and a Basic. Things are going
          just fine, kept up with my F3 check and when I could almost make out the enemy
          coastline so I level out and hit auto. Just about that time my cell phone rings,
          ("Thunderstruck" ring tone) Its my wife telling me shes on the way home and also
           our mechanic is picking up my 04 Impala to fix a dent from HER bender,(not her fault)
          and the driver-side heat that quit working. Ok,that was fine, it was important and
          it was my car afterall, not a problem. But my wife is a nut for detail, so she begins to
          lengthen the conversation,(she cant just say,"K,bye-cya later") so as Im fiddlin with
          trying to watch my screen and hold a phone conversation at the same time, no
          sooner I looked toward the rear, Frik and Frak!,this fighter is 500 right behind me!

So here I was trying to defend my bombers before she had even said "bye" yet,
          four seconds into the defense,BAM! lost 1st bomber, eight to ten seconds,BAM!
          lost the second one,.....well,by that time I was madder then Ted Nugent at an
          anti-gun rally. Threw the phone on the floor so hard it broke apart like my bombers,
          then I closed out the game. Whoever that was, good job on sneaking up there
          like that. I'm just sorry I didnt give you a better fight!  :salute

At least I wont have to worry about the cell phone on my next flight.  :furious
RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline Shibby

• Zinc Member
Re: Wife Aggro
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:04:15 AM »
I have yet to experiance wife Agrro but ive taken girlfriend aggro during aces high..  :furious

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
(Naaaa...I'll pass)

ROX

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
(Naaaa...I'll pass)

ROX

With me it's "Honey, did you see this" as she puts some piece of paper in fron tof the screen...

Despite my 'sig line' I know better than to ignore "wife ack". :aok
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »
Mrs iTunes has a black belt in disrupting flying time, Last week as I was approaching my first day off in 10 days, It was a Tuesday and I thought to myself, "great, she'll be at work, I'll have till 2300 tonight" Monday night comes along and I got those fateful words " Hey honey, I'm taking tomorrow off so we can spend time together"- enough said really :(
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 12:42:33 PM »
Simple fix: don't pick up the phone.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
Mrs iTunes has a black belt in disrupting flying time, Last week as I was approaching my first day off in 10 days, It was a Tuesday and I thought to myself, "great, she'll be at work, I'll have till 2300 tonight" Monday night comes along and I got those fateful words " Hey honey, I'm taking tomorrow off so we can spend time together"- enough said really :(

Hmmm - 'spend time together' in the Wooley household is code for 'take me out, keep me entertained and spend lots of money on me'.

AH2 never wins in such situations

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
Hey honey, I'm taking tomorrow off so we can spend time together"

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Ya got that right! Jusat wait till Jan when she has requested to go to day shift (0630-1500) So "we can have our evenings together" great uh? :(
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
I asked my neurosurgeon about this kinda stuff once and he told me the brains of men are wired in such a way that we find it difficult to "do", or "listen to", two different things at once. Nature designed out brains to excel at one thing at a time, "which is useful if your leading a troupe of elevated primates chasing a herd of zebras with spears". On the other hand the female of the species has a brain, wired by evolution, to do several different things at once. Again which is useful when raising kids, having to keep an eye on them while foraging for nuts and whatnot. I work with woman and they can write a report, talk to 3 people at once, talk to a 4th on a cell phone, and listen to me without breaking stride.

So there is a scientific reason as to why we tune our wives out while flying our cartoon airplanes, and why we have to choose between ignoring our wives or getting our little airplanes blown to bits. You've probably also experienced this when watching your favorite episode of "Combat" and the wife comes down with the nag rag on. She will leave even angrier when the reality is nature designed us to be lousy listeners and it aint our fault.

But like "running around spreading our seeds like Bulls" good luck trying to get a woman to understand all this. They dont want to hear the "evolution exuses". Believe me, Ive tried.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »
As that old adage goes, It's always best to let sleeping wives lie (lay).

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »
the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

It works for me!

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »
nothing like sending em out shopping "to get something nice" for a bit of good uninterupted flying time

and they love you for it.........

great  :D
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
Get your wife a puppy, when it grows up, give it to the pound, then rinse, and repeat.  :rock

It should keep them distracted to give you atleast.... hmm... *gets out calculator* about 10 minutes of flying time for Aces High every Week.  :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline ColSuave

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »
the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

It works for me!

Helm ...out
roflmao