Author Topic: BoB Logs  (Read 910 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: BoB Logs
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
I wanna see if i got credit for shooting hub's chute from PT boat.
.... pilots on the ground or in parachutes may not be shot at by enemy aircraft....
Bailed pilots and rescue craft shall be considered inviolate and must not be attacked under any circumstances.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »
I like this idea.  I don't care to know who won the frame, but it's fun to read the list of who shot down who.

Rather than do logs if they do not add to the immersion factor.  The CM team, or leader of each country with a little inside information, could produce a 'newspaper' (thinking just front page) after every frame for each team, not detailed but to give tidbits of info in how to improve for the next frame and give an idea of how they are performing.  Heck, could even add a bit of propaganda.  That would be immensely fun and add to team spirit.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
.... pilots on the ground or in parachutes may not be shot at by enemy aircraft....
Bailed pilots and rescue craft shall be considered inviolate and must not be attacked under any circumstances.

I wasn't serious flossy ;)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »
Oh OK..... good  :)   :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 02:26:52 PM »
Yes he is.  A proper reviewing of the logs will show I blew up hub's chute with a salvo of torpedoes.

No kill fo joo Fwurby!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »
Rather than do logs if they do not add to the immersion factor.  The CM team, or leader of each country with a little inside information, could produce a 'newspaper' (thinking just front page) after every frame for each team, not detailed but to give tidbits of info in how to improve for the next frame and give an idea of how they are performing.  Heck, could even add a bit of propaganda.  That would be immensely fun and add to team spirit.

You need folk willing to work at it a little bit Furb.  Fog of war and all that.  In DGS when we went with no logs, the LW was convinced it was losing.  They won the thing :) 

So how the HQ took in the AARs, interpreted the info and passed it on was a big deal.  I can't speak for the LW guys,  but many of the Allied Groups, like my 474th 38s did AARs after each frame.  It was fun to compare what we thought we saw from the reality after it was over.   Numbers for each frame stayed consitant or up too as no one was focused on the logs and who was 'winning' based on that.  my 2 and a shared kills, turned out to be only 1 kill after all that.  And the 190 I thought I got had his wing come off right in front of me, but a buff gunner actually got the kill.

As far as the propaganda aspect of it.  That's up to the leadership on both sides to promote.

I don't think this was ever close to the truth, but as the English people were buying it, that's all that mattered :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 06:15:27 PM »
That's fair enough, i love scenario AARs.  But IRL there would be post operation photo recon reviewed by intelligence officers for damage assessment, debriefings and reports, spies, interception of enemy traffic, observers on the ground/ships/bombers all collated by another source.

Anyway, i just wanted to see the logs and how we did.  Whatever system works best, you know much better than i do.   :aok

I wasnt callin you a joker and if you read what Flos said "Yes they will be posted after Frame 4.  This has been the case for the last few scenarios, so better get used to it." you might have understood that I was saying what you are.
I dont like it either. The Great talking heads of DGS decided it would be better for the rest of us peeons not to know what the score was or how we did each frame.  :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
The Great talking heads of DGS decided it would be better for the rest of us peeons not to know what the score was or how we did each frame. 

It is for the best not to release the logs... if they were released for the BoB, I'm certain we wouldn't have the attendance we have now.

However, to even look in the logs and post any of the information contained is wrong, it could of waited until after the scenario was over.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »
It is for the best not to release the logs... if they were released for the BoB, I'm certain we wouldn't have the attendance we have now.

However, to even look in the logs and post any of the information contained is wrong, it could of waited until after the scenario was over.

Who says its best U? I dont think its best and neither do alot of people and the {i just wanna have FUN} fog of war idea sucks. :lol  I  think there would be more people not less. As Furball said there would be all kinds of intellengence gathering.
The logs represent that. People like myself and others like to know how they did or if they just want to know if they shot there friend down.

Furball<---4 weeks later ...Ah well we got the logs now lets see if i got my friend... ah well nope I didnt... sure glad i waited for that and so much excitement left to talk about  :rolleyes:

Its a stupid idea  :aok good for about 1/25th of the scenario escapist experts.

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 11:50:01 AM »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »
Who says its best U? I dont think its best and neither do alot of people and the {i just wanna have FUN} fog of war idea sucks. :lol  I  think there would be more people not less.

the fog of war/hold back logs til end has been throughly tested and observed over the years .  so far its kept the scenario players coming back .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »
well i can tell you for sure that Blauk has atleast 1 kill  :cry

Now now... that is happy news, isn't it? Let's not be sad about it ;)

:salute -> Uptown

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »
The LW is taking photos for BDA.  We have a general idea of what is going on.  Also....kills in the squads I've flown in are confirmed by not only the victorious Pilot but also by a squadmate who might have had a better view.

AARs give you an idea on how your side is progressing.  BDA is telling you a great deal also.

I'm for not having the Logs published also until after the event.  It keeps more interested in the Scenario.
- The Flying Circus -