Author Topic: The new guy, day 5 AAR 11-12  (Read 2077 times)

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
Re: The new guy, day 5 AAR 11-12
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 04:51:23 PM »
My god.

I'm by no means a "Veteran" of this game, nor am I anywhere near good or well known.  Perhaps that's why I don't feel obligated to call out anyone on any stupid thing I don't agree with or don't believe in, I don't know.  But I sit here and read every once-in-a-while to learn something about WWII aircraft, the game, and to see other's experiences in the game.  These AAR's are entertaining, well organized, and well written (Wtf more can you ask for!) yet people still manage to kill a great thing in the forum by treating the poster like trash.  Thanks to a select few, we may have just lost something that most everyone was enjoying.  Does it affect you if he isn't actually brand new?  No.  Do you have actual evidence that he's a shade?  Nope.  Just because he's doing well isn't evidence enough!  I swear sometimes people on this forum believe in the "guilty until proven innocent" theory.  Stop being skeptical of everything and enjoy the little things that are given to you, life will be much more fun.

SkyTiger, I'm very hopeful you don't let a select few stop you from sharing your AAR's with us.  I love to read them, makes me want to play the game! :) (Also helps me make it through class...)  However, I will say that I understand if you no longer wish to share them with us now.  Hope to see you in the virtual sky! :salute

-Sector95

EDIT: Glad to see your still gonna write them SkyTiger! :)

I appreciate that.

No, I realized that by saying "Meh, I quit!" I'd be just as childish as my attackers. We can just rise above it instead.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
Again OT

Notice who is doing the ant-witch hunting in this tread..... Has my wife gotten to all the usual suspects food also.  :O
See Rule #4

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 04:57:05 PM »
You guys slay me.

The kid actually did his homework- amazing, I know.   Considering the current work ethic of most new pilots.

Regarding the kills- he's in a Hurri 2 over tanktown.  All he has to do is spin like a top shooting at everything that moves and he'll go home with kills- ANYONE can do that.   Going home aint' that complicated- he's got a squadron, and TT ain't exactly known for it's lack of a/c ;)  Head for the sea of green, and find your salvation- we've all done it.  

FWIW- I think he's a breath of very badly needed fresh air, and really should be, and sets a standard for what every new pilot should aspire to.  

Asking questions, studying the training site.  Not just coming online and saying "HOW DO I TAKEOFF??  WHAT PLANE DO I TAKE??"

Not to mention actually practicing offline so he's not killing himself taking off every time, then relying on auto-takeoff once he's told about it by everyone just to shut him the hell up.  

So, with all that outta the way- he could be a shade.  Maybe. Who the hell knows for sure?  But if the side effect is making people stop, take a look at what the hell they're doin' and actually starting to improve their play- it's all for the better.  
"You rebel scum"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »
I appreciate that.

No, I realized that by saying "Meh, I quit!" I'd be just as childish as my attackers. We can just rise above it instead.

Skytiger I said you wrote good stories

You said you have never flown a gunnery sim before yet by looking at your stats BaldEagl posted, those stats are way out of the norm of the 5 day learning curve.  You can't accelerate the gunnery learning curve by reading the FAQ.  If you truly are new, you must be "The One" and I'm sorry for...I guess you could say...'accusing' you of being a fake.  I just find it very curious that you never see a real noob post Day 1: I spent 25 minutes trying to figure out how not to stall myself out and crash... or basic things to that matter.  It's just like...BAM... Day1...<insert advanced Aces High Knowledge here> I guess I am being a troller though, there is no proof, sorry all.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
It really varies from person to person Grizz.  My first sortie was in an F6F off of a carrier.  I took off, flew around, assisted someone, had a party, and then actually LANDED back on the carrier.  Thanks to other simulators (Namely FSX, FS98, and CFS2 [All Microsoft, I know...]) I knew what was happening when I was stalling, what flaps did, etc. etc.

Also, the offline mode helps gunnery to an extent. :)

Just give people the benefit of the doubt! :aok
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:06:18 PM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 05:12:14 PM »
I was excellent when I first started..... and have gone down hill ever since.  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
I was excellent when I first started..... and have gone down hill ever since.  :P

:lol

Get some good breaks. I'm telling you this is one big hill and it's a long way down here to the bottom. :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 05:38:43 PM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 06:30:58 PM »
Again OT

Notice who is doing the ant-witch hunting in this tread..... Has my wife gotten to all the usual suspects food also.  :O

She must have because I don't see any reason why some are trying to start a witch hunt to prove this guy is a shade account when there is nothing to indicate that he is.  In fact, I think I may have been the one that answered his "What does TT stand for?" question on channel 200 a few days ago.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »
ignore the haters and disbeliver's they r just jealous :salute
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »
Great reading, good films and an excellent addition as far as I can see :aok :salute

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
I agree these posts seem suspicious to me...when i was newb i definitely wasnt starting threads on the bbs to share my experiences...i didnt know how to film let alone post them...seems self-serving imho :salute

<cough> <cough>adonai <cough cough>

:noid

SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
I shot Skytiger down the other day, and it really wasn't that hard.  Everyone knows I'm an easy kill in the air, so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt..

Keep it up Skytiger.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »
He's a Vet Period...Just cus you are a Vet does'nt mean you would be a good pilot...You've been here before I'm sure..

Kam

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »
Here's how I see it...  He's either a new guy as he claims, or he is a vet of some sort who wants to distance himself from whatever AH past he has.

So...

If he is a new guy, he's doing great.  He's showing an interest in the game and the community.  His contributions have been pretty positive and beneficial in my opinion.  In game, he has been upbeat and polite whenever I have come across him.  All in all, a good addition to the community.

If he is a vet under a new name...

He may want to put some unfortunate things behind him.  He's showing an interest in the game and the community.  His contributions have been pretty positive and beneficial in my opinion.  In game, he has been upbeat and polite whenever I have come across him.  All in all, a good addition to the community.

Where's the problem?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder