Author Topic: SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS MOTHER $&^#*&#^@!!!! Saitek stick!!!!!!!  (Read 833 times)

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
Ok, I've about had it. Some of the buttons dont work on my new stick and they worked on the one I broke (it's an X52). I installed the drivers and uninstalled the drivers. SAME Golly-geeN THING!!!! Now I tried to uninstall and reinstall and now my primary throttle is off in the forward position and full on in the rear position. No problem, right? I went into setup and changed the axis. THE POS WILL NOT CHANGE THE AXIS ON THE MAIN THROTTLE!! This thing has about pissed me off. If I hadn't spent so much cash on the fricken thing it'd be in the garbage. What gives???? Anyone else haveing these problems or am I just lucky. I like that it has bunches of buttons but, seriously, if it don't work all the buttons on the planet won't matter.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS MOTHER $&^#*&#^@!!!! Saitek stick!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:08:24 AM »
did you map the controls in the game? may sound like a stupid question but did you check the enable scaling box? :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:50:46 AM »
Do you have it plugged into an externally powered USB hub? Or the USB port on your computer?
Can make a big difference to saitek sticks. Especially it seems X52's need higher power levels.
Any flicker of onboard power caused by a drive spinning up "could" cause what your seeing.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:12 AM »
You didnt say if your problems reside with the SST mapping or the AH game mapping.

If its SST mapping of "some of the buttons", and I suspect it is, your going to have to live with the fact that SST simply wont map 2 stroke commands a lot of the time. Your going to have to go into AH keyboard, change some 2 key maps to 1 key maps, and then map them into SST. Its going to take some work and patience but you'll find theres a lot of things mapped to keys in the game you dont use, or are able to map to other commands. Eventually your going to end up with a highly personalized sets of keyboard maps mapped into SST.

Some 2 strokes will map in one SST profile mode but not in another.

If you really want help go to Saiteks websight. They have a cleaning regimen that takes out all fragments of previous drivers, which again can be causing you the problem. http://www.saitekforum.com/
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »
are all the lights on the stick on or any flickering? we have a issue with 1 button on ours and it flickers when it's having problems. another thing, it only picks up my mapped setting when i place it in the USB slot i set them in. Strange but it won't work right if i plug it into another slot.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »
I used to have some similar problem

This is a method I used to properly uninstall it:(from a diff forum)

The X52 pretty much runs up to the red line in terms of power draw available from USB which is why it's not recommended to run from a non self-powered hub - usually the USB ports on the backplane are the best.
If your PSU output is starting to decline (as they all do with age) it could possibly not be supplying enough power.

Alternatively you could try to roll back to when it was working before or you could try an uninstall/re-install.
if you've read www.saitekforum.com then you should be familiar with

"First unplug your controllers, click Start>Run and type

ny -7 (drivers newer than 4.3.3.1727 )

(case sensitive) and click OK. Now go to Control Panel and run the Add/Remove Programs icon. Remove all Saitek entries in the list of programs and then go to the C:\Program Files directory and delete the Saitek folder. Restart your computer and the files will all be uninstalled.

Now browse to your C:\Windows\Inf folder (if you can't see an Inf folder then click Tools>Folder Options at the top of the window, then click View at the top of the window that comes up. In there click the dot next to the Show Hidden Files and Folders option and then click OK - you should now be able to find an Inf folder in the Windows directory) and look for the OEM0.inf file. Find the highest numbered OEMXX.inf file and double click on it - a Wordpad screen will open up with information in it. You're looking for any lines that refer to Saitek (usually at the top of the window). If you don't see any such info close that window and open the next OEMXX.inf file - so if you started on, say, OEM30.inf then you'd now open OEM29.inf.

If you find any that refer to us then close the window and delete that OEMXX.inf file along with its accompanying OEMXX.pnf file. Go through all of them until you have deleted any files that mention us.

Now do a search for files in Windows using the following search string:

sai*.*

Once it's finished finding any files delete them - files only though, don't delete any folders.

Now restart the PC and then install the X52"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 06:06:28 AM »
I guess he got it fixed. That or he pulled an Elvis on his Saitek, "hope he didnt have his .357 handy".

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 03:31:43 AM »
I about did, I got the axis inverted but it still wont read some keys. They wont even come up on the mapping. still working on it but at least now I can use it. My wife would shoot me if I shot anything in the house. But doubt not that it crossed my mind.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »
I about did, I got the axis inverted but it still wont read some keys. They wont even come up on the mapping. still working on it but at least now I can use it. My wife would shoot me if I shot anything in the house. But doubt not that it crossed my mind.

Is it the two stroke key maps it wont read or the one stroke? Two stroke would be like ALT and X.

Offline dashed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 05:30:33 AM »
Right click the Icon in task bar, and clear the profile.  Then the stick software won't override the AH stick settings.