Author Topic: LYNX and the other haters  (Read 7645 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: LYNX and the other haters
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »

Gee Ack-Ack. You really surprised me with that post.  :lolHow do you know who he's shot down?

He's got 38 kills in a zero and 110 in a Hurri-c. Gee we all know how easy it is to master T&B right out of the box :lol Defending bases and CVs against hordes? Even you cant be this dumb, "tho you are pretty dumb". But at least your positive and righteous too. :huh

If you had taken the time to use the new stats page, you can see all the players SkyTiger has shot down this tour.  The only 'good stick' listed as being shot down by SkyTiger was Lynx.

38 kills is the most he's gotten in any plane, the A6M5, which is a rather easy plane to fly, in fact easier to fly than the Spitfire.  It's a very forgiving plane and one a new player can easily jump in and start turning, same with the Hurricane IIc and to a lesser extent the Bf 110c. So, it's really no surprise that a new player is able to get some kills in that plane.  Also, if you had looked at his stats, it reflects not someone that is 'uber' but someone that is rather new to this game.  The guy averages a little less than a kill per flight.  That might make him good in your eyes but to me, it just shows someone that either starting out or not very good at all.

So, Dick (you don't mind me calling you Dick, right?) why don't you show your proof that SkyTiger is a shade name?  And while you're at it, show me why Skytiger's posts are so harmful to the community if he was a shade.

I just seems to me that you're just jealous SkyTiger has gotten the hang of the game so quickly, while it's taken you almost a year to get to his level.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »
There's a pretty big difference between merely skeptical and incessantly rude. It doesn't matter what kind of maskin precedent there's been by Voss & co. No newcomer to the community should have to pay for what some completely unrelated bozo did months or years before.   As far as anyone knows, SkyTiger is brand new to the game, and for the audacity of sharing his AARs with everyone, he gets ragged on for being an attention potato.  Now tell me this: which one of you/us guys isn't a freakin attention potato for posting more than once a week on this message board, and which one of you guys with freakin pictures of your squad noseart etc in your sig aren't just pimping yourselves for everyone to see?

What a bunch of double standard BS.  You guys totaly masked this one up from the start.  All he did was show up to a game that caught his passion, shared a few AARs, and now he's compared to Voss. That's really some choice bullpoop.  As if 75% of you guys didn't have some quirks of your own, god forbid even half of those were as positive for the "community" as compulsively sharing good AARs almost daily, with no barbs or other BS.

Well, I wasn't trying to compare him to anyone, I was only trying to state there are reasons people are skeptical.  I don't think it is right to try and call someone a shade and rag on them if they don't deserve it... and if someone is a shade and wants a fresh start, well maybe they should have it.  

My post, as I was writing it, didn't seem rude.  I was pointing out that it is very rare for someone to grasp as much of the game from the get go, which for many people will cause the shade alarm to sound.  Other issues have come up with different people involving shades on the BB and in game...yet another reason why people get all crazy with the shade buisness.  It might be helpful for someone new to the game and BB to understand why others get all bent out of shape over an AAR or a fight in the MA.   I was definetly NOT trying to insinuate he is a Voss type character (obviously the extreme end of spectrum), but that these elements are a reason why people around these parts are on edge when it comes to things like this.  That doesn't make it right, but it does exist.

They are fine AARs, and I enjoy any AAR that someone takes the time to write, and more should be encouraged to do so.

Either way, I think issues like this would be better handled in private or if bad enough with HTC.  
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »
If you had taken the time to use the new stats page, you can see all the players SkyTiger has shot down this tour.  The only 'good stick' listed as being shot down by SkyTiger was Lynx.

38 kills is the most he's gotten in any plane, the A6M5, which is a rather easy plane to fly, in fact easier to fly than the Spitfire.  It's a very forgiving plane and one a new player can easily jump in and start turning, same with the Hurricane IIc and to a lesser extent the Bf 110c. So, it's really no surprise that a new player is able to get some kills in that plane.  Also, if you had looked at his stats, it reflects not someone that is 'uber' but someone that is rather new to this game.  The guy averages a little less than a kill per flight.  That might make him good in your eyes but to me, it just shows someone that either starting out or not very good at all.

So, Dick (you don't mind me calling you Dick, right?) why don't you show your proof that SkyTiger is a shade name?  And while you're at it, show me why Skytiger's posts are so harmful to the community if he was a shade.

I just seems to me that you're just jealous SkyTiger has gotten the hang of the game so quickly, while it's taken you almost a year to get to his level.

ack-ack

Dude, after 1 1/2 years, I was bearly at his level. I have a feeling he may be a good stick after a few months.  :)
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »
Dude, after 1 1/2 years, I was bearly at his level. I have a feeling he may be a good stick after a few months.  :)

:huh Im going to hit u in the face with a stick.. but not right now.. im off too bed.. cya :D

EEK 02:40am  :noid

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »
Well, I wasn't trying to compare him to anyone, I was only trying to state there are reasons people are skeptical.  I don't think it is right to try and call someone a shade and rag on them if they don't deserve it... and if someone is a shade and wants a fresh start, well maybe they should have it.  

My post, as I was writing it, didn't seem rude.  I was pointing out that it is very rare for someone to grasp as much of the game from the get go, which for many people will cause the shade alarm to sound.  Other issues have come up with different people involving shades on the BB and in game...yet another reason why people get all crazy with the shade buisness.  It might be helpful for someone new to the game and BB to understand why others get all bent out of shape over an AAR or a fight in the MA.   I was definetly NOT trying to insinuate he is a Voss type character (obviously the extreme end of spectrum), but that these elements are a reason why people around these parts are on edge when it comes to things like this.  That doesn't make it right, but it does exist.

They are fine AARs, and I enjoy any AAR that someone takes the time to write, and more should be encouraged to do so.

Either way, I think issues like this would be better handled in private or if bad enough with HTC.  
That's fine, except there's really no reason to ring any alarm (do people have such a thing hooked up by USB to their PC or something?) when his posts don't even have any selling point.  He's not pushing anything. For "SkyTiger" to be any sort of scam, there has to be something, anything, that he's trying to slip past people.. And what is that in ST's case?  AARs? A guy's observations on how good a game this is?
If he came back two months from now and tried to use the good impression he'd made as leverage to then get us to buy into whatever scheme.. Then I'd agree he deserves a bite in the ass.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
Gotta agree on the zekki.. and if you look at the general skill level during peak hours it's like headless chickens flying around.  drones in offline tend to pose a bigger thread because at least they stay airborne.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »

He might very well be if he gets some training but as it stands now, SkyTiger's stats and ability aren't stellar by any stretch of the imagination.  Looking at who he's killed, only 1 was a good pilot, the rest are no better or worse than SkyTiger.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »
This poor thread has turned into the biggest piece of 5h1t I have ever seen.  You poor ba5t4rd5 have nothing better to do?  

If LYNX gave some grief or pointers it was for a reason, unless he was getting a bit drunk (which would be unusual) or it was taken the wrong way as he can be a bit difficult to understand sometimes (at least to those of us that live across the pond).  
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »

Maybe you have greater suckage to overcome.  ;)  Some folks have more natural ability than others, some pick this up quick, others never quite get the hang of it.

Almost 70% of SkyTiger's kills are in the Hurri IIC (110 kills, 65 deaths). That's not especially uber considering the gun package of this fighter. His stats in Spits are typical of a new pilot.

I don't see any reason why this gent is getting bashed. Face facts, he seems unconcerned with getting shot down and his stats say he loves the close-in furball. I wish many more were like him.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2008, 08:53:25 PM »
It probably wouldn't have been any big deal if SkyTiger had left it to just smack talk on 200.  But then he started in with the PMs to Lynx, after Lynx said hey, let's just play.  After that, he posted this BB thread.  He just wouldn't let it go.  The whole thing is ridiculous.  Let's move on.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »
Evidence and speculation aside.. I wish we could take a poll:  Is Skytiger a shade or not: Yes/No.  I'm really curious how those numbers would come out.

2nd poll: Is Skytiger consumed with his 'image'?

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »
Maybe you have greater suckage to overcome.  ;)  Some folks have more natural ability than others, some pick this up quick, others never quite get the hang of it.

Almost 70% of SkyTiger's kills are in the Hurri IIC (110 kills, 65 deaths). That's not especially uber considering the gun package of this fighter. His stats in Spits are typical of a new pilot.

I don't see any reason why this gent is getting bashed. Face facts, he seems unconcerned with getting shot down and his stats say he loves the close-in furball. I wish many more were like him.

My regards,

Widewing

Yea, greater suckage.... I'm still terrible with those overshoots! :)

I was absolutely terrible until December of Last year, then, I improved dramatically... Before, I had just gone in and flown, and somehow got better without going to the TA, then, I finally started getting help from people like AirFool, Rolex, and many many others I cannot name off the top of my head.

Hopefully, he doesn't do what I did, I hope he asks for help, gets trainers, and gets great by his 2nd or 3rd month, instead of me, waiting almost 2 years to finally get just below that "above average" line.

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »

My regards,

Widewing

So true, I'll put myself in the second category, while my son seems to have a natural ability.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:54 PM »

No problem ack-crack. You dont mind that do you?

Nope he's shot down more then that ack-crack. I'm not going to name names but he's shot down some good sticks. Even if they aren't guys that dont vulch a lot, or stick stir until they reach their lines. I know some of these guys are good. Ive seen them. Scores? Ranks? They are all 1/2 phony anyway.

Except you never really up them except in defense now do you? And most of us, except for you ack-crack, dont get a 1 on 1 kill ratio for months.

Yaknow the funny thing is even ack-crack doesn't believe the guy is legit but he's going to bust into the thread and start talking thru his crack anyways. Why pass up a chance to start some trouble? Well....I guess thats why he's "Ack-Crack". Everyone should have 1.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »

My regards,

Widewing

true that, you could pretty much point your hurri at any plane and just start hoing.. if you bail out half ur sorties when your* plane falls apart* chances are you'll have an even better score than that. of course.. this isn't what i do with my bail .ef macro.. neverr  :noid

then again people do say he talks like someone whos been talking on 200 for a long time..... hotard this, lala dweeb that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:00:35 PM by RumbleB »