Author Topic: LYNX and the other haters  (Read 7618 times)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Re: LYNX and the other haters
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »
That's fine, except there's really no reason to ring any alarm (do people have such a thing hooked up by USB to their PC or something?) when his posts don't even have any selling point.  He's not pushing anything. For "SkyTiger" to be any sort of scam, there has to be something, anything, that he's trying to slip past people.. And what is that in ST's case?  AARs? A guy's observations on how good a game this is?
If he came back two months from now and tried to use the good impression he'd made as leverage to then get us to buy into whatever scheme.. Then I'd agree he deserves a bite in the ass.

You know, I pretty much agree there is no reason for "alarm."  I have no idea what the issue is between him and LYNX, or with others.

I should have left the "voss" reference out, as it is such a different animal all together and in hindsight really has no place in this thread.  It was a poor choice for illustration, which I regret.

My personal view, unless he does something deserving of criticism, shade or no shade, then I don't see the big deal.  On the other hand, I can see how and why others may wonder about shades, be it squad admission or just looking for the guy they dislike.  I'm not saying it is right, I'm just sayin.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »
skytiger can you answer these two questions.

1.Is there your actual FIRST flight sim?

2.Are you a shade?

Ps I dont care who you are, just say if you are
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »
It must be my suckage and lack of natural ability. But I dont cuss on the comms like that.

My Regards

Dick

I shouldn't have sworn. That's completely my fault. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. But the message remains the same.

This is a great game. It even has commercials on the History Channel. Yet it's so technical and requires a subscription that less than an optimal amount of people seem to be joining. I haven't seen any growth since I joined. And in my view, with such a xenophobic community, any players who are good will get chased away.

People: Do you like this game? Then why go through such efforts to drive someone to wanting to quit the game entirely. Do you really think I want to pay to be harassed daily? It's only due to the support of my squad and some really nice folks here on the BBS and in the game that I opted to stay when this stupid "shade" bullcrap started.

I'll be calling HTC tommorow to see what can be done about this.

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
skytiger can you answer these two questions.

1.Is there your actual FIRST flight sim?

2.Are you a shade?

Ps I dont care who you are, just say if you are

1.) Nope. I've played other non-combat sims, and some kind of mod for IL-2 that had an obstacle course and such. If you want to count the Battlefield Series as "flight sim" then sure, but really.. BF isn't realistic at all. There's no physics.

2.) No.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »

please don't waste HTC's time with exaggerated "IM A VICTIM" bs. I like this game, and so I wish for HTC staff to spend time on developing it instead of answering ridiculous queries.
Growth? I see new players all the time. It's just that people don't play every night. Most people are old and have jobs / grreat great grandkids and play an hour a weekend.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2008, 09:26:37 PM »
Thank you
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »
It must be my suckage and lack of natural ability. But I dont cuss on the comms like that.

My Regards

Dick

I'm confused.... What reference did I make to you?

Oh, and as I see it, there is never any valid excuse for vile language within the game, PM or otherwise.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »
please don't waste HTC's time with exaggerated "IM A VICTIM" bs. I like this game, and so I wish for HTC staff to spend time on developing it instead of answering ridiculous queries.
Growth? I see new players all the time. It's just that people don't play every night. Most people are old and have jobs / grreat great grandkids and play an hour a weekend.

Look at it like this. They'll either confirm that I'm a new guy and tell people to shut up, or they'll out me.

Either way someone wins, right?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
No problem ack-crack. You dont mind that do you?

Well, now that we've gotten that out of the way Dick, I'll respond to the rest of your post.

Nope he's shot down more then that ack-crack. I'm not going to name names but he's shot down some good sticks. Even if they aren't guys that dont vulch a lot, or stick stir until they reach their lines. I know some of these guys are good. Ive seen them. Scores? Ranks? They are all 1/2 phony anyway.

Again, name one person other than Lynx that is even remotely considered to be good.  Your mistake is comparing those other players against yourself, in that case even an offline drone will appear to be a 'good stick' to you.

Except you never really up them except in defense now do you?
It appears that's what he mostly does, up the planes for base or CV defense or to pick in TT.  As Widewing pointed out, it's not that hard to fathom considering the planes Skytiger flies that he gets some kills.

And most of us, except for you ack-crack, dont get a 1 on 1 kill ratio for months.

Only those that aren't very skilled have a tough time achieving a 1v1 kill ratio, especially if they've been playing for a year.

Yaknow the funny thing is even ack-crack doesn't believe the guy is legit but he's going to bust into the thread and start talking thru his crack anyways. Why pass up a chance to start some trouble? Well....I guess thats why he's "Ack-Crack". Everyone should have 1.

I never said I believed he was or wasn't a shade, I just asked what's the big deal if he is.  Is he hurting you or the communit with his AAR post?  Is he thumping his chest on what an 'experten' he is?  Do you have any definitive proof he isn't just a new player?  

As for starting trouble...read back through your posts.  

From where I stand, your ire stems from petty jealousy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »
 :rofl  he said ack-crack  :rofl :uhoh
Lighten up Francis

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »
Look at it like this. They'll either confirm that I'm a new guy and tell people to shut up, or they'll out me.

1.  They will tell people to shut up here by monitoring the BBs.
2.  And they won't out ya on the boards.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »

The only win here is if people recognize that they got ahead of themselves with the witch hunt.  Even if you really are a shade, or some kind of 1/2 shade. Them outing you would just be fuel on the fire.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »

either way i dont give a watermelon m8, dont be calling htc over petty forum disputes. stop acting like you're a sex victim. this is a two way argument between you and beardman... and stop flinging watermelon at the general playerbase for shunning out new players, when there are vet players in this thread who are speaking up for you/your angle.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2008, 09:32:21 PM »

This is a great game. It even has commercials on the History Channel. Yet it's so technical and requires a subscription that less than an optimal amount of people seem to be joining. I haven't seen any growth since I joined.

Dude, you've been here a week, how can you gauge Aces High growth

Your main problem is you need to grow a pair and quit acting like a baby and trying to be everyone's best buddy and getting on your BBS podium every time someone calls you out.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
dick and ack-crack don't go good together  :rofl
Lighten up Francis