Author Topic: cool feature, (not Noobish)  (Read 888 times)

Offline Cipher77

• Zinc Member
cool feature, (not Noobish)
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:16:02 PM »
so i was lookin at a p51 skin of mine and i saw that it had like 15 kill symbols and it got me thinking that, hey wouldnt it be cool if like for each air kill u got like a red slash, for every 5 kills u get a red X like  below

[ 1 kil /  5 kills X  50 kills/ 100 kills X and like 133 kills X XXXXXX/// i diddnt put much thot or any thing into this, but it would be a neat addition, the kill score would show up like on ur tail or sumthin.

just a thot :salute

Cyph
proud  member of III/JG2

Offline Lt. Pope

• Zinc Member
Re: cool feature, (not Noobish)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:19:57 PM »
I like it, It's just... some people haveover 50,000 air kills, so, ya...

Kepp going :aok

Lt. Pope
"The Devil's greatest trick was to make the world believe he didn't exist" - Pulled from a forum     
"The Devil's greatest trick wasn't to make the world believe he didn't exist, but to make the world believe that God did" - My version

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »

Lt. Pope

Well... if you have too many kills to represent on your plane, we could make you fly around towing a banner with the rest.  The more kills you get from there, the longer that thing gets... it could be like a handicap!

.end sarcasm
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lt. Pope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »
Well... if you have too many kills to represent on your plane, we could make you fly around towing a banner with the rest.  The more kills you get from there, the longer that thing gets... it could be like a handicap!

.end sarcasm
Lol  :lol :lol :rofl :lol :aok
"The Devil's greatest trick was to make the world believe he didn't exist" - Pulled from a forum     
"The Devil's greatest trick wasn't to make the world believe he didn't exist, but to make the world believe that God did" - My version

Offline halo342

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »

Lt. Pope

well, maybe to solve that, only show the kills racked up that tour.
Oh my God, what has the Internet evolved itself into? :huh

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »
If you want kill markings, but want to keep it from getting out of control, it would make more sense to go by a players K/D or K/S ratio rather than by raw kill numbers. If you use K/D Have it max out at 352 just in case.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
well, maybe to solve that, only show the kills racked up that tour.

uhhh that can still easily be 300-1000+

why would i want my plane marked? poepl run enough already as it is. 
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »
uhhh that can still easily be 300-1000+

why would i want my plane marked? poepl run enough already as it is. 

LOL...and what's the point? You rarely get close enough to see the markings anyway. The only place you could admire them is on the runway. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »
LOL...and what's the point? You rarely get close enough to see the markings anyway. The only place you could admire them is on the runway. :)

yeah i agree, nobody can see it but yourself, and thats only on the runway, its a cool idea but kind of pointless
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Race

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »

There are many times a day I get so close that I can pick out rivets on some of the nicer skins.....long enough to start counting them. In a world of a thousand names I want people to know who I am when we start fightin. Call it ego....but I want people to look and say oh boy I know this guy. In the DA there are a few people who know me just by plane/skin. The great part about is I usually get some respect from them. I refuse to HO unless the situation is far beyond desperate so people will not take HO shots for the most part. I was looking foward to any form a plane personalization in the CT but thats on hold now. Even a few different colored bands, wingtips, checker cowl, or roundrels would be awesome. There was an idea to place symbols for kill markings posted a while back. Say a bullet for 100 kills, a fighter for 250, or jet for 500. The names/kill #s could be changed but that was the general idea. So instead of a ton of markings you would have another squad marking basically. Reset the stats every month and it might be fun.

Race
Reputation is to be earned not given.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »
LOL...If I'm that close, the last thing I'm worried about is the skin or any markings on the plane. I don't even notice them and I don't care who's in the plane.

If I'm that close, I more focused on what the other pilot is doing and making sure I don't ram him.

Kind of like the terrain. It's a nice thing to look at but when it comes down to it, in an A2A fight the last thing I'm paying attention to is how the terrain looks and couldn't care less about it.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
Did anyone else see (not Noobish) in the thread title and instantly know this was going to be the (most Noobish) post of the week?
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Did anyone else see (not Noobish) in the thread title and instantly know this was going to be the (most Noobish) post of the week?
:rofl :rofl

I particularly liked this part.

i diddnt put much thot or any thing into this

Though I think its better then another B29 thread.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »

My first clue was "cool feature"

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »
That tends to be the give-away.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.