Author Topic: opinion on which is harder..air or GV  (Read 1792 times)

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
Re: opinion on which is harder..air or GV
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:13 AM »
What do you want, it's been 20 years  :D :D

I as just making a joke, sorry for that ;)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 08:37:32 AM »
What do you want, it's been 20 years  :D :D

I as just making a joke, sorry for that ;)

Americans are serious about their guns, it's like joking about someones mom!  :lol

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »
Americans are serious about their guns, it's like joking about someones mom!  :lol

I love my guns and the AK is not the best assault rifle ever made. That's just an opinion and I think its so wrong.   :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 10:05:36 AM »
Ever encountered Rondar?  Maybe it's because I'm weak in tanks, but when he's around it strikes terror into my heart! :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 10:10:45 AM »
GV's don't explode when you run them into trees.  Thats a good reason why flying is harder  :devil
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »
GV's don't explode when you run them into trees.  Thats a good reason why flying is harder  :devil

Yes but I hate it when a little tree stops your heavy tiger. Thats ridiculous...
I am a spy!

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
GV's could be interesting after more attention to the details and modeling would be considered by HTC.
Now all the tanks feel the same with different "UI".
Also i all most shed a tear after finding out, that German tanks did not have Zeiss optics.  :devil
Does anyone else find tank turrets "weightless" ? feels kinda silly in my books.

Anyway, tanking sounds like fun, haven't had time to really learn the tricks there.

-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
Well, they were firing AK47's, that explains a lot :D :D

BTW, they did manage to shoot the tires of a driving car, flipping it over every time, so the aim wasn't so bad, unless they were shooting at the guys head...

Rubber bullits
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »
I have terrible trouble with GVs I attribute it mostly to the fact that I dont set all my detail settings to low, edit my sounds so that my engine sound so its silent on my end, while others is very loud.

:noid

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »
2d vs. 3d.

'nuff said
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline WarSix

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »
I vote for GVing being more difficult. No enemy icon makes GV's more difficult to locate, slow tank main gun reload rate makes each shot critcal ,  must be in proper GV ie: tank to have fighting chance against another tank , and if you up against a good tanker you best be able to hit on first shot. Anyone can spawn camp but it takes experience and skill to hit first shot while on the move. Can be very fun if you can stay on the move and dodge their rounds while making accurate shots. My most enjoyable moments come from blasting a plane to shreds with panzer main gun:). Those that never try ground warfare are missing out on a lot of fun. I spend equal time both in the air and in GVs -both
have their challenges but after 10 years playing flight sims without having any ground to ground, ground to air, or air to ground (versus GVs) they hit the mark and made Aces High the most versitle WWII
sim I have ever played.    

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
tank fighting is an art learned just as the air fight, but don't missunderstand, some darn good gv drivers can kill you in the air, just depends on your personal preference,
 i like to think  i am not bad at tanks, but i also can hold my own in 1v1 airfights on most days, the difference is the 2 or 3v1 dogfights were those like me can't keep up!
also my gunnery is weak in aircraft!!
but then again i always wanted too be a fighter pilot,(was too tall) but was stuck just flying civilian aircraft, yet spent many hours on the ground tanking with the army, and understand the tactics of ground warfare, so for me it was natural!!
 the ability to game the game is the most important part of either aspect of this game just like all simulations!!
 as well as this game tries, it will still have that weakness, and it will still be exploited :noid

Flying since tour 71.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »
If you absolutely suck at flying, you'll say a gv is to make yourself feel like you do something well in the game.  But there simply is no comparison between the two in the dynamics involved.  One is far more complex than the other.  Complex is more difficult than simple.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »
I have got several jeeps in a flat spin before though  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline 19kilo10(ironnite)

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »
Yes but I hate it when a little tree stops your heavy tiger. Thats ridiculous...
SHEEP stop tanks!!!!! Thats accurate.......