Author Topic: just wondering.....  (Read 1578 times)

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
Re: just wondering.....
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
... when we have thousands of important posts...

Unfortunately, even important discussions become so bloated with extraneous BS that they are almost impossible to read. I used to link posts with useful information from netaces. I provided a general table of contents making it easy to find threads about most common subjects. Unfortunately, almost every thread now becomes so full of conflicting information and purse fights about who is right or wrong on something, I decided it's not worth doing it.

If what you are about to post has already been said or isn't making a contribution to the game or the community, it probably isn't worth posting.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
I consult Father Guido Sarduche befor every post.

Hesa gotta answer for alla ma questions anda readsa alla ma notes.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »

It has nothing to do with my threads.  It happens in everyones threads.  I just used myself as an example because I could give a good estimate of the number.  In my experience many posters put more energy into not understanding what the post is saying then seeing the persons point.  Your post is fine example of this.  Instead of discussing comprehension, you mention private boards.  Instead of discussing a lack of understanding, you tell me to leave.  In 3 sentences you make my point pretty clearly.

The reason I think they should be closed is because of one simple sentence I read today from skuzzy.  Where he stated that: he could be doing other things instead of baby sitting the BBS ....that's pretty powerful testimony counselor.

So unless you are willing to pay the salary for a new employee to take over this burden, then HTC will continue to waste resources on the BBS, when maybe they could work on new Toys for us to play with.  I'd trade this board and everthing that goes with it if it meant more improvements.

Private boards are squad issues. Little or  no work load for HTC.  Squads can boot players for nonsense. So have all the fun you want.  Better yet run your own board!  I did it for years.

Helm ...out

i actually find about the same amount of good threads, as bad ones. it's human nature though, to remember things that bother ya more than anything though.
 the boards shouldn't be closed. i was glad to see skuzzys post saying that. on the other hand, though, there has to be some way that we can police ourselves, so these guys can go back to development.
 not only that, but if the "button pushers" would knock it off, we probably would be once again given the chance to discuss some of the banned topics.
 i find nice info in here. a lot of humor too.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 12:49:14 PM »
Unfortunately, even important discussions become so bloated with extraneous BS that they are almost impossible to read. I used to link posts with useful information from netaces. I provided a general table of contents making it easy to find threads about most common subjects. Unfortunately, almost every thread now becomes so full of conflicting information and purse fights about who is right or wrong on something, I decided it's not worth doing it.

If what you are about to post has already been said or isn't making a contribution to the game or the community, it probably isn't worth posting.

Regards,

Hammer

those are the kinds of posts that some of us like. sometimes, even if it's stuff that you've previously posted, it's not a waste of time. it may get seen by those that've not seen it before.
 i enjoy WW's posts, although i find myself going to read the ones that interest me more than once, so as to digest all the info.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »
We don't need no stinkin humor you XXXX dirty ape....................... (grits teeth)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 02:04:13 PM »
from the perspective of someone who has gotten piled upon in these forums, me :D

i know it takes all kinds to make the world go round, it would be a pretty damn boring world if every one thought just like me, i never once thought about quitting these forums

i certainly don't come here to learn, not saying that there are not learned individuales here, but...

i come here because i truly (hate to say it)love Aces High,and yes there are many very cool people here in the forums, that i respect there opinions even if they are not my own

but ST lost out by leaving, he should have stuck it out. to quit over what took place just seems silly, but again it takes all kinds, i have a feeling he will be back, these time  much more under the radar.

<S>

peace

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »
ink if you don't like folks piling on you for anything you should take away the desciption next to your name....

pileit v one who is piled on.  n Bronx verbage of one who flies a plane.

I rest my case... umm where did my case go..... ok who got my case???? I had a perfectly good case of brandy here just awhile a go while I was talking to HT.   :confused:
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 02:41:09 PM »
ink if you don't like folks piling on you for anything you should take away the desciption next to your name....

I rest my case... umm where did my case go..... ok who got my case???? I had a perfectly good case of brandy here just awhile a go while I was talking to HT.   :confused:

guppy grabbed it when ya weren't lookin
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 04:03:01 PM »
This game is very supportive of new people. The materials to learn the game are very good, folks bend over backwards to help in the forums, tech help, game help, anykinda help. The trainers are excellent and available. The squadrons are many, supportive, and outstanding. The boards kinda sorta polices its ownself.......sorta.

Sorry, but I dont buy the game or the people chase new people away. The occasional two week shade maybe. But generally?? The assets and support are available to get up to speed even during the two week trial and the forum is a big part of it. I know some good people helped me a lot.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »
I consult Father Guido Sarduche befor every post.

Hesa gotta answer for alla ma questions anda readsa alla ma notes.

Now there's a dude I haven't thought of in a while.....like 15 years.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8x8eoU3L4

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 04:52:08 PM »
Now there's a dude I haven't thought of in a while.....like 15 years.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8x8eoU3L4

:rofl

I remember listening to one of his comedy tapes way back when I was in college.  Found the best part on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AKvRvL5r3A&feature=related

:rofl
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:07:25 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
It's ok to disagree, if people could just keep it civil as if they were in the same room as the other person it wouldn't be too bad.
after all this is just a game.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

dont mind it at all,i have sturdy shoulders. what discription next to my name?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
It's ok to disagree, if people could just keep it civil as if they were in the same room as the other person it wouldn't be too bad.
after all this is just a game.

correct. if we kept it civil here, then the forbidden topics would not have been forbidden in the first place.....and quite possibly we may be able to have serious discussions on said topics in the future.

disagree on the "just a game" though. it(as stated in another thread) is my escape from reality, even if only for a few moments at a time.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »
dont mind it at all,i have sturdy shoulders. what discription next to my name?

The one that says you have a "Silver Member"   :aok
~Hells Angels~
Solar10