Author Topic: Loss within JG54  (Read 3544 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Loss within JG54
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
Just interesting how people enjoy coming here to throw poo at one another, yet want to do nothing to help the arena...

i understand that......haven't flung any poo yet though. i may try to pop in, to see what it's like. my only problem is time. i'm lucky to manage more than 15 hours a month. i don't think i even made that this month.

friggin HATE when r/l interfers with my fun!!   :D

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »
Just interesting how people enjoy coming here to throw poo at one another, yet want to do nothing to help the arena...

Quite a few people have gone out of their way to help this arena for years. Long before you came along. Every experiment has been met with disdain by some regulars. Saying things like the AVA is ruined now, it's full of insert derogatory name <here>. It needs to go back to the old days, and all the new people need to go back to the MA. Well the new people went back to the MA. A lot of us old timers went there as well. So the guys that wanted their pure 1v1 dogfighting arena have it now. Still these same people want to complain because nobody flies there. This last episode ruined it for me. After years of trying to drum up support and as well as support other peoples ideas to help the arena and have the efforts met with the same old crap time after time I'm sick of trying.

It's not just the dogfighters either, there was just as bad of attitude by some of the war fighters who thought it was manly to bang away capturing bases with 4 to 1 odds. Then would crow about it on the boards. The closesest we got to what the arena could be was the very last experiment. The campaign series ran by TheBug. Even that went stale because neither side can stomach a few days not having the best plane. Instead of trying to get immersed in the history trying to be represented... Everybody wants to complain about what the other side is flying. Even one staff member takes it upon himself to question people when he See's them in a spit... No it wasn't me he questioned, it wasn't even a squadmate of mine he questioned. If the plane is in the setup it's no body's business what you fly. After all the constant crap, complaints and crying, the fact a staff member thought he needed to question another player's choice of aircraft was pretty much the last straw for me.

If you really want to help the arena Republic. You can start by accepting the fact the arena is open to everyone. Therefore their opinion on this BBS is just as valid as anybody Else's. The AVA is not an elite arena it never has been. It's not populated by elite fighter pilots. It's populated by people playing a game just like all the other arenas. Some people just get a little caught up and apply too much machismo to manipulating pixels.

Only here occasionally we've been allowed some say so. Theres no need that it be a dogfight only arena anymore than there's a need that it be a milkrunning arena. This arena has potential to be the funnest most immersive arena in creating actual WWII matchups. However for one reason or another staff and players cannot make it work. That reason usually boils down to animosity. You really want to help? Bury the animosity. If a person isn't flying here it doesn't mean he won't in the future. So treat people on the boards as potential AVA regulars. If the AVA and the people that fly there would get their crap together it could be the best arena in AH.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »
i used to fly in the Combat theatre back in the day with jamusta...before most of you Jg54 even joined probably. VW, Tbar, TK, Storch, Tankman and N7 were all there, and a couple more. People like slash, duke and oldman would be in every night. Back in the days when people would always fly under 8k and no one gave a stuff about anything but having a laugh and fighting the right way. way, way before the two major allied and axis squadrons took root and it became the AvA we know today.
 I would fly there more if i thought i would find some worth action, but i still got a right to voice my opinion on CT topics.  :aok

Why don't you come back? that's how it is now  :aok
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
well said shifty, right with you on that one.

Buster, i do log in occasionaly, most recently i had some great fights and some good winging up with my friend Venom. that was alot of fun when there was 5 players per side just dogfighting. Honestly, I do log into the AvA every now and then to see if i can find friends to fly with or even just a good scrap with a random....it just hardly ever happens, so i log and go to the DA.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »
Oh well, you would hve enjoyed last night, it was a blast

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 01:05:18 PM »
Quite a few people have gone out of their way to help this arena for years. Long before you came along. Every experiment has been met with disdain by some regulars. Saying things like the AVA is ruined now, it's full of insert derogatory name <here>. It needs to go back to the old days, and all the new people need to go back to the MA. Well the new people went back to the MA. A lot of us old timers went there as well. So the guys that wanted their pure 1v1 dogfighting arena have it now. Still these same people want to complain because nobody flies there. This last episode ruined it for me. After years of trying to drum up support and as well as support other peoples ideas to help the arena and have the efforts met with the same old crap time after time I'm sick of trying.

It's not just the dogfighters either, there was just as bad of attitude by some of the war fighters who thought it was manly to bang away capturing bases with 4 to 1 odds. Then would crow about it on the boards. The closesest we got to what the arena could be was the very last experiment. The campaign series ran by TheBug. Even that went stale because neither side can stomach a few days not having the best plane. Instead of trying to get immersed in the history trying to be represented... Everybody wants to complain about what the other side is flying. Even one staff member takes it upon himself to question people when he See's them in a spit... No it wasn't me he questioned, it wasn't even a squadmate of mine he questioned. If the plane is in the setup it's no body's business what you fly. After all the constant crap, complaints and crying, the fact a staff member thought he needed to question another player's choice of aircraft was pretty much the last straw for me.

If you really want to help the arena Republic. You can start by accepting the fact the arena is open to everyone. Therefore their opinion on this BBS is just as valid as anybody Else's. The AVA is not an elite arena it never has been. It's not populated by elite fighter pilots. It's populated by people playing a game just like all the other arenas. Some people just get a little caught up and apply too much machismo to manipulating pixels.

Only here occasionally we've been allowed some say so. Theres no need that it be a dogfight only arena anymore than there's a need that it be a milkrunning arena. This arena has potential to be the funnest most immersive arena in creating actual WWII matchups. However for one reason or another staff and players cannot make it work. That reason usually boils down to animosity. You really want to help? Bury the animosity. If a person isn't flying here it doesn't mean he won't in the future. So treat people on the boards as potential AVA regulars. If the AVA and the people that fly there would get their crap together it could be the best arena in AH.

Shifty, old dude, all of the problems you describe exist - to a much greater extent, in fact - in each of the MA arenas.  That's no excuse to duplicate them in AvA, of course, but I'm not sure it addresses the root cause of our problems.  How many times have we heard something like "Hey, I can get this [abuse] [ackrunning] [ganging] [whatever] in the MA!  See ya!"  So:  why do they go to the MAs, if by their own assessment they get the same irritants there? 

- oldman

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »
Shifty, old dude, all of the problems you describe exist - to a much greater extent, in fact - in each of the MA arenas.  That's no excuse to duplicate them in AvA, of course, but I'm not sure it addresses the root cause of our problems.  How many times have we heard something like "Hey, I can get this [abuse] [ackrunning] [ganging] [whatever] in the MA!  See ya!"  So:  why do they go to the MAs, if by their own assessment they get the same irritants there? 

- oldman

Oldman, you're correct there is the same stuff going on in the MA's. However with the limited numbers of players in the AVA and the limited battle area of the AVA when the crap starts... That's all you have is crap. It turns the whole atmosphere of the arena into crap. To be honest I've had it aimed directly at me very few times. When aimed at me it rarely bothers me. It irrates me the most when it's aimed at new visitors or newer players. It drives away any potential new blood and it settles or proves nothing other than confirming people's opinion the AVA is full of social retards. At least in the LWAs it gets drowned out and doesn't affect the mood of the whole arena.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »
Oldman, you're correct there is the same stuff going on in the MA's. However with the limited numbers of players in the AVA and the limited battle area of the AVA when the crap starts... That's all you have is crap. It turns the whole atmosphere of the arena into crap. To be honest I've had it aimed directly at me very few times. When aimed at me it rarely bothers me. It irrates me the most when it's aimed at new visitors or newer players. It drives away any potential new blood and it settles or proves nothing other than confirming people's opinion the AVA is full of social retards. At least in the LWAs it gets drowned out and doesn't affect the mood of the whole arena.

That's a good point. In the AvA one argument effects the whole community because the fights are so intimate, you see the person over and over again and problems start to fester and get worse.

People complain about the AvA being like a mini-MA. The truth is, everytime i've logged into the AvA, I've NEVER really had a bad experience. Besides one person, whom I won't mention, everyone is fair, and compliments eachother on nice kills, shots, etc.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 02:04:39 PM »
So:  why do they go to the MAs, if by their own assessment they get the same irritants there? 

- oldman
Because when you get irritated in the MAs, you can simply move to a different section in the map and try again.  Due to the limited numbers and even the design of some of the maps, that just isn't the case in the AvA.

That is the challenge.  More numbers should, in theory, help the arena by providing alternatives to the section where <insert favorite dweeb behavior here> is happening.  But the only way more numbers happen is if someone comes in and doesn't experience <insert favorite dweeb behavior here> and decides it is worth coming back.  This is difficult considering the small numbers concentrate the dweebyness all in one area for all to see.  It is a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »
Because when you get irritated in the MAs, you can simply move to a different section in the map and try again.  Due to the limited numbers and even the design of some of the maps, that just isn't the case in the AvA.

That is the challenge.  More numbers should, in theory, help the arena by providing alternatives to the section where <insert favorite dweeb behavior here> is happening.  But the only way more numbers happen is if someone comes in and doesn't experience <insert favorite dweeb behavior here> and decides it is worth coming back.  This is difficult considering the small numbers concentrate the dweebyness all in one area for all to see.  It is a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

exactly

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2008, 02:16:07 PM »
People that cry about trashtalk are the idiots. If you cant use a simple command like .squelch then you don't have any place to cry about others talking crap.

The AvA is mainly made up of above average pilots that know what they are doing in their plane. The MA is 98% average and below average that when put into a 1v1 can only HO or run. So when those people come into the AvA and get beat up then get harassed by how they ran to ack. Those are the types of people that only care about getting their name up in lights no matter how they get the kills to do it.

We don't need those types of people in the AvA. We need people that are willing to jump into a fight and don't care if they come out of it alive or not. We need people that aren't going to cry cheater when they get out flown.

If you cant use a dot command for what it was made for then you can go back to the MA and cry about it while flying your spit16 or La7. Trash talking always have and always will be a part of on-line gaming if you cant handle getting your bellybutton kicked then getting made fun of I suggest you go play monopoly or mine sweeper.

I'm done with this thread. What's done is done and crying about how it happened isn't going to change a dam thing. I hope Skuzzy comes in and locks it before it turns into a poo flinging contest and more people get in trouble.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2008, 02:29:47 PM »
People that cry about trashtalk are the idiots. If you cant use a simple command like .squelch then you don't have any place to cry about others talking crap.

The AvA is mainly made up of above average pilots that know what they are doing in their plane. The MA is 98% average and below average that when put into a 1v1 can only HO or run. So when those people come into the AvA and get beat up then get harassed by how they ran to ack. Those are the types of people that only care about getting their name up in lights no matter how they get the kills to do it.

We don't need those types of people in the AvA. We need people that are willing to jump into a fight and don't care if they come out of it alive or not. We need people that aren't going to cry cheater when they get out flown. when they do this, do you guys try to educate them? or just belittle them? maybe it's the only thing they know, if no one ever took the time to teach em.

If you cant use a dot command for what it was made for then you can go back to the MA and cry about it while flying your spit16 or La7. Trash talking always have and always will be a part of on-line gaming if you cant handle getting your bellybutton kicked then getting made fun of I suggest you go play monopoly or mine sweeper.being made fun of isn't the problem. some people get too personal with it, and push it waay too far. like i said beofre, i had my issues with him in ma, but i either swquelched him, or sparred with him on 200.

I'm done with this thread. What's done is done and crying about how it happened isn't going to change a dam thing. I hope Skuzzy comes in and locks it before it turns into a poo flinging contest and more people get in trouble.

now, in all honesty, i wish there were some way for him to come back. as i've said over and over, i had my issues with him, butcha know what? there is no reason he should've been gone. he annoys people. you annoy people. i annoy people.
 i view it AS bad when we lose a good pile it in here, whether or not i like him.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
It's my opinion, that it will only take one or two more flushes of the AvA toilet for squads to start returning.  Sorry, but nobody should have to squelch an entire squad to fly in here.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »
I hope Skuzzy comes in and locks it
:rofl :rofl

Priceless
See Rule #4

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »
It's my opinion, that it will only take one or two more flushes of the AvA toilet for squads to start returning.  Sorry, but nobody should have to squelch an entire squad to fly in here.

And a whole squad shouldn't call another squad cheaters when they get killed.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner