Author Topic: Perk Points!  (Read 1295 times)

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
Perk Points!
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:45:24 PM »
Hello everyone ,
I have had this thought in the back of my head for some time and wish to share it with you. As we all know, when we see a 262 in our propeller planes, we will do absolutely anything to kill him. Ram, collide, ho, you name it. And usually, we have no success due to the incredible amount of speed of the aircraft. That being said, I shot a 262 down a few days ago and was so excited. I finally got one with a prop plane. It'd been months since my last take down. Unfortunately, I went back to the hangar and barely got 3 points for my kill. To finally kill such a plane with such Superior capabilities, and only receive a lousy 3 points, is wrong. I am proposing an idea of when one shoots a perk plane down, he, or she :D, receives the price of the perk plane the one you shot down spent on the plane. 262s then would suddenly become a really nice treat to shoot down along with the other perk planes / vehicles. To finally shoot one of those suckers that pick you constantly and bug out at 550mph is not easy one bit and should be rewarded with the perks he spent on it. What do you think? All comments will be appreciated. I pray that this will happened.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Perk Points!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:54:55 PM »
If I shoot a 262 down in a D3A, can I get the B-29?

/n00k
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »
It's not so much how many perks you get it's how many perks they lose!  :aok

I knew a guy that shot down a 262 in a zero. I think he only got about 5 perkies.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:23:01 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:58:37 PM »
fully agree, its a shame that you dont get more than what it gives you,  :aok
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 12:14:49 AM »
It's not so much how many perks you get it's how many perks they lose!  :aok

Bingo!   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:39 AM »
The pilot of the 262 was probably on the low numbers side, therefore, the 262 was very inexpensive.

You were probably on the high numbers side, therefore, low perk multiplier.  Not to mention, you where probably in a fast, low eny plane.

Low eny plane (about eny 10 or so) times the low perk multiplier (<.5) = low perks.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:34 AM »
I don't think you should get the entire price of the 262 in perks, but I do think you should get a fair percentage of the perks, perhaps 1/4 of the perks that were spent.  So if the me262 cost the pilot 200 and you shoot it down, you get 50 perks.  I think that would be fair and very incentive based.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 10:25:34 AM »
Were you flying in 'Attack' mode?

I killed a 262 in a Mossie once... got sweet f-all for it.... I was truckin' bombs at the time, so I took off in 'attack' mode.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 11:52:57 AM »
Well yesterday, Nov. 29th, I was able to shoot down 2 ME262's in one sortie with my B24's. If I remember right, that and the taking out of a VH hanger at a V base, netted me something like 11 perkies. Not many, but sure was fun.!  :D
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline jaygongin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »
I personally don't play for perks just to have fun with it.  If I can use a 262 great, if not oh well, there are still tons of others to choose from. But I do see your point.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »
your saying he loses 200, you get 200? no, strongly disagree. why should you be rewarded what he loses just because you killed him? thats like saying i have 5 kills, i die, person who killed me gets my 5 kills. its a stupid idea...why would one even think of it?

I don't think you should get the entire price of the 262 in perks, but I do think you should get a fair percentage of the perks, perhaps 1/4 of the perks that were spent.  So if the me262 cost the pilot 200 and you shoot it down, you get 50 perks.  I think that would be fair and very incentive based
this is a better idea...but a 1/4 of it is still a little much...say maybe an 1/8? that would give you 25 perks. more reasonable than 50...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »
this is a better idea...but a 1/4 of it is still a little much...say maybe an 1/8? that would give you 25 perks. more reasonable than 50...

Okay compromise, 1/6th  :aok

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 12:17:20 AM »
You shot down a one ping 262????

Wow.

Seriously, one bullet hits the thing and it falls apart.  Shoot a .50 call at the windscreen, (even though the real 262 windscreen was engineered to take 20 mm rounds and deflect them), and you die from a pilot wound.

262's really aren't hard to down...if they fly anywhere within 1K of you.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 12:23:14 AM »
You shot down a one ping 262????

Wow.

Seriously, one bullet hits the thing and it falls apart.  Shoot a .50 call at the windscreen, (even though the real 262 windscreen was engineered to take 20 mm rounds and deflect them), and you die from a pilot wound.

262's really aren't hard to down...if they fly anywhere within 1K of you.

If a fly passes within 10 feet of it you get an engine oil hit. The pilot wound thing always gets me that's why I never attack bombers in one anymore. It doesn't matter the range or what angle I always end up with one. Then you can fly around for 10misn with no blackouts until you drop your flap and gear on final approach. Then if you're lucky you get a ditch with half you crashed plane on the runway.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 05:01:11 AM »
"If I shoot a 262 down in a D3A, can I get the B-29?"

Yes, thats been the hold up untill now. Get on with it.  :)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24