Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 4006 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Nothing to see here, move along
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

"Why cant weeee be on-line friends, why cant weee be on-line friendssss"

EDIT: I must agree with venom though. In the AvA, i rarely ever find myself getting jumped, even i na 1 v 2 or even a 1 v 3, i find it MUCH easier to track my enemies than in the MA when i run into a
1 v 8.  :huh   :rolleyes:

Problem is, There IS a higher class of players here (for the most part anyway) . I can go weeks and weeks in the MA without losing an actual "fight" but I go to the AvA and I'll be lucky to get 2 scalps. It stings a bit, definately brings you down a notch, but it's good for your character. When you get all these hot pixel sticks togeather, tensions run high, you see the same person over and over again, soon you get tired of seeing their name in the text buffer. If it wasn't for me personally not caring if I get shot down or not, I would have been pissed at Larry a long time ago, because there's days when he mops the floor with me. I've been going to the AvA for a little over a year now. About 7 months ago, I had taken a break from all this crap and just recently came back to find:

1.)2 of the main AvA squads left completely. (JG11 and The Avengers)

2.) Because of #1, the AvA was completely empty every night

3.) Arguments were more heated than they were before.

Now I'm not taking anyones side, because there's two sides to the story, but what's done is done, water under the bridge, why CAN'T we get along? (quoting Rider) :D

A little over a week ago I started going to the AvA again. Larry and I would just 1v1 for over an hour, and to be honest, it was a blast. Soon people started coming in, seeing numbers in the arena. Over the past three nights, we've had ATLEAST 10 people in the arena, tonight it hit close to 30. Most of those people I didn't regonize, that means new blood is coming in. Chances are they'll come back because they had a nice time away from the crappy gameplay of the MA. So let's use these last few nights as a "toilet flush" and start over, clean slate.

WE'RE ALL ADULTS, LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE ARGUING ABOUT, in the real world, we'd probably get along fine
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:25:28 PM by B4Buster »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2008, 10:12:16 PM »

excuse me while i lol at the hypocrisy.   :rofl

for thoses of you who dont know, the AVA is a place for a higher class of player. these rules are not enforced but are expected to a point. yes all rules get broken but we try to keep it to a minimum to keep it civilized. take this for what its worth. it will make the experience for new AVA players much nicer.

1. we dont vulch unless we're taking a base. vulching in general is frowned apon in the AVA

2. We keep HO'ing to a minimum. yes there are times when we all HO but again its frowned apon.

3. picking-- AVA is about 1V1. if you  gonna jump in, ask first. if its a furball, all bets are off go for it

4. alt monkeys-- we try to keep things around 5k, nothing stopping you from flying higher, but if im in there ill be down on the deck. have fun with that nose bleed.

5. killing radar for fun-- please dont unless you're gonna capture the base, it spoils the fun for the rest of us.

yes everyone doesnt play the same way and have the same goals, but its a better experience over-all. we're trying to make it a place thats fun for everyone and has the aspects of each different type of battles.

again these are guidelines and are not enforced, but we'd appeciate your co-operation. thanks
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2008, 10:13:52 PM »
In one ear out the other it seems  :rolleyes:

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »
whoa, read what i said again.    :aok
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »
I know what ya said  :D Another argument starter  :uhoh

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23:30 PM »
doesn't really matter.

AvA is getting a two-fer.     

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »
excuse me while i lol at the hypocrisy.   :rofl

I see you aren't done whining after the almost 4 hour whine fest in the AvA.

We were letting you 1v1 people but after the whining and you trying to pick 1v1s we got tired of it and went on a shane huntfest. It was funny hearing VWE say "shanes dead" then watch your 10min rant on how everyone else sucks and how you are the best player that ever walked the earth. After a while I wondered to myself how you fit though doorways with an ego like yourselves.

As for that P39 vs 110 fight we had. You got killed fair and square but you always have an excuse when you die. I'm glad I squelched you ch200 was peaceful have that.

Go ahead and post what ever film of you killing me I don't care I'm just a "HOing lamer tard" and you're the all mighty shane. :rolleyes:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/24/1013733/shanevslarry.zip
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
VWExx1: Buster's dead

I'm happy you think roping my P-40 is such an accomplishment  :aok  :rofl

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »
VWExx1: Buster's dead

I'm happy you think roping my P-40 is such an accomplishment  :aok  :rofl

:rofl

I think he just likes killing you.  :aok
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2008, 10:47:20 PM »

I think he just likes killing you.  :aok

I think he's just vengeful, if he would have announced everytime I got him, you guys wouldn't have had a chance to say anything over vox  :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »

I think he's just vengeful, if he would have announced everytime I got him, you guys wouldn't have had a chance to say anything over vox  :D

Them sounds like fightin words.  :lol
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2008, 10:56:13 PM »
I'm sorry to have to tell you this Jaeger but the crying part is all in your imagination and if you can't see the constructive bits of my posts I can not help you. Perhaps you ought to read what Oldman posted above?

As for stopping, that's easy, but then you wouldn't have the benefit of my input. Want to keep it on a nice level? It's all very simple really. Stay on a nice level.

:aok

to be honest, ive never seen any benefit from any of your input, its always about who or what sucks. try joining the land of grown-ups for awhile and try not being a "mr. doom and gloom".

i dont see you coming up with any idea's that might help, but rather you spend time putting me and my posts down.

well tag, your it, try coming up with something that doesnt involve my suckage or lameness or dweebyness or anything else you and your "holier then thou" crew can come up with.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:58:00 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2008, 11:07:27 PM »
5 pages. Wtg boys :aok

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2008, 11:09:32 PM »
5 pages. Wtg boys :aok

Still only one page for me. But then again I have mine set to 100 posts per page because I was sick of clicking "next page" after reading ten or so posts.

Lets see if we can get the fire really going....

Last night I was in the arena and saw slash trying to full around with one of tyrants sheep. He smelling like beer and was stumbling around with his paints around his ankles. BTW nice pink poke a dot undies you have slash....

:lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:12:26 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »
Still only one page for me. But then again I have mine set to 100 posts per page because I was sick of clicking "next page" after reading ten or so posts.
I'm on an iphone, I'm not sure my thumbs could handle that much scrolling.