Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Nothing to see here, move along
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2008, 11:33:23 PM »
Bleh cell phones. I cant stand them. Seems these days they stuff as much crap into them then add the phone part at the last second.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2008, 11:43:56 PM »
Dude, its not just a "cell phone" its a iphone.  sheesh  :furious

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2008, 11:50:49 PM »
Dude, its not just a "cell phone" its a iphone.  sheesh  :furious

More like a GPS, tazer, Swiss army knife, fishing pole, laptop, camera, TV, camcorder, voice recorder, gaming consol, oh and that whole phone thing.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2008, 12:09:20 AM »
The AvA guys are just determined to keep people out.

Rules like these are meant purely to substitute for lacked SA and/or skills.

Luckily they aren't really rules and it is really fun to break them in front of people who think they are rules.

CYA in the AvA

PS....Look up as I will definitely be high, usually with three wingmen and I'll be the one that "picks" while my wingman is pressing you.

In the Navy, it's called Loose Deuce.

Gum....

You have any Mil-background to back that up???

Not quite the "Loose Deuce" that "I" was taught..........
Duke

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2008, 02:06:01 AM »
to be honest, ive never seen any benefit from any of your input, its always about who or what sucks. try joining the land of grown-ups for awhile and try not being a "mr. doom and gloom".

i dont see you coming up with any idea's that might help, but rather you spend time putting me and my posts down.

well tag, your it, try coming up with something that doesnt involve my suckage or lameness or dweebyness or anything else you and your "holier then thou" crew can come up with.

Well, you are lucky there aren't any type of requirements to be a HTC customer aren't you? As long as you pay the $15 a month you're in, how convenient. Nothing positive will come of the argumentation you're making as you simply won't listen to me, or anyone for that matter, when it doesn't suit you. Your skill, and the skill of your squad, ingame has nothing to do with it so stop bringing that up. I see the pshychological patterns very clearly and know it's best to stay clear.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2008, 02:40:13 AM »
My oh, my oh, my oh, my...

One thing just keeps playing in my head...

"Why cant weeee be on-line friends, why cant weee be on-line friendssss"

EDIT: I must agree with venom though. In the AvA, i rarely ever find myself getting jumped, even i na 1 v 2 or even a 1 v 3, i find it MUCH easier to track my enemies than in the MA when i run into a
1 v 8.  :huh   :rolleyes:

Crap......

All this time I thought they were saying "Why can't we be FRENCH"    :furious

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2008, 06:12:36 AM »
Well, you are lucky there aren't any type of requirements to be a HTC customer aren't you? As long as you pay the $15 a month you're in, how convenient. Nothing positive will come of the argumentation you're making as you simply won't listen to me, or anyone for that matter, when it doesn't suit you. Your skill, and the skill of your squad, ingame has nothing to do with it so stop bringing that up. I see the pshychological patterns very clearly and know it's best to stay clear.

again another shot at me. nothing positive in this one either. next......

near as i can tell you dont play AVA most of the time, and you got kicked out of jg54 before i got there. so wheres the problem?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:21:55 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2008, 08:04:56 AM »
Gum....

You have any Mil-background to back that up???

Not quite the "Loose Deuce" that "I" was taught..........

There are two uses of the term Loose Deuce.

One is a formation, the other is a wing pair tactical doctrine.

Examples of other wing pair tactical doctrines are welded wing and double attack.

Loose Deuce as tactical doctrines requires a wing pair that are very experienced flying together but it is an extremely effective. The essential difference between Loose Deuce and Double Attack is the engaged fighter is not the primary shooter. His focus is on pressuring the bandit into a predictable flight path so that the free fighter can set up a blind side guns pass.

Loose Deuce is described by Shaw to be a variation of Double Attack in which the free fighter isn't responsible for defensive lookout. Instead each fighter takes responsibility for defensive lookout.

Shaw describes Loose Deuce tactical doctrine on pages 215-219 of his book.

I've used loose deuce for years (10+ now) with much success online. Most of the time has been without the participation of my wingman. Its very hard to get an online guy to the required level to fly proper Loose Deuce. But its very easy to employ in an arena without active participation of the wingman.

The classic arena engagement generally involves on or more friendlies tailchasing a bandit in an essentially co-energy state. A position high (about one vertical turn radius)a bove this fight puts me in position for a classic loose deuce guns pass. The bandit begins a turn in his evasives and the loose deuce fighter works for a high belly side guns pass. Loose Deuce is very effective against a bandit who hasn't reached panic level evasives. If his is already panicked into last ditch evasives he will be too unpredictable for this particular doctrine.

I'm assuming you are referring to the formation called "Loose Deuce" and not the tactical doctrine.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »
There are two uses of the term Loose Deuce.

One is a formation, the other is a wing pair tactical doctrine.

Examples of other wing pair tactical doctrines are welded wing and double attack.

Loose Deuce as tactical doctrines requires a wing pair that are very experienced flying together but it is an extremely effective. The essential difference between Loose Deuce and Double Attack is the engaged fighter is not the primary shooter. His focus is on pressuring the bandit into a predictable flight path so that the free fighter can set up a blind side guns pass.

Loose Deuce is described by Shaw to be a variation of Double Attack in which the free fighter isn't responsible for defensive lookout. Instead each fighter takes responsibility for defensive lookout.

Shaw describes Loose Deuce tactical doctrine on pages 215-219 of his book.

I've used loose deuce for years (10+ now) with much success online. Most of the time has been without the participation of my wingman. Its very hard to get an online guy to the required level to fly proper Loose Deuce. But its very easy to employ in an arena without active participation of the wingman.

The classic arena engagement generally involves on or more friendlies tailchasing a bandit in an essentially co-energy state. A position high (about one vertical turn radius)a bove this fight puts me in position for a classic loose deuce guns pass. The bandit begins a turn in his evasives and the loose deuce fighter works for a high belly side guns pass. Loose Deuce is very effective against a bandit who hasn't reached panic level evasives. If his is already panicked into last ditch evasives he will be too unpredictable for this particular doctrine.

I'm assuming you are referring to the formation called "Loose Deuce" and not the tactical doctrine.

Which is all well and good until a group of 3 or 4 come along together to get a fight out of your group of pickers.  If all you've been doing is picking a wingman clear how are you going to handle it?  Stay and fight out an even match or my guess is you'd be nose down running for home to land your 2 or 3 picks.

No offense, but the way you argued for others to look up the "loose deuce" earlier, it just sounded like you need a historical reason to back up your reason for picking.  Well historically more than half the combat kills weren't even really combat.  The target didn't see it coming.

Picking people who don't see it coming isn't exactly my idea of a fun game.  Interrupting a 1v1 or rolling around in a group to overwhelm single planes isn't exactly sporting for a game either.

But how about back on topic:

I look at the rules presented and see some great guidelines.  They are written to encourage combat that should and will make you a better virtual dogfighter.  Vulching, HOing, and Ganging only pad your score and ego; they don't really do much else.

:aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »
excuse me while i lol at the hypocrisy.   :rofl

no bleeping $#!+

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »

and you got kicked out of jg54

He wanted to leave on his own, we didn't kick him out.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »
i retract any inferences that 33vortex was kicked out of JG54 and apologize to anyone that might have been offended or misguided by my statement. sorry 33vortex

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
You are part right jaeger we had a vote before he left to kick him out because he never talked to us. He would just log in and take his dora up to 20k and start picking. He would be on the other side of the map while we were on the deck defending a base or something. He never really fit into the squad because he likes to fly "safe". I don't know why he wasn't kicked out but I guess a few people felt sorry for him and thought he was new.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »
For all it's worth, I've found fights in the AvA to be a challenge. I agree with the unwritten ettiquette rules, and do my best to follow them. I've even recently unsquelched 200. (and have been pleasantly suprised  :O)

I hope that those squads who have left the AvA in the past will make an effort to get back in there, as I think the biggest thing that made me shy away from this arena hasn't been the attitudes or egos, but the simple lack of numbers.

Simply put, to get better, fly the AvA. You will find a fight you can learn from.
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
The AvA guys are just determined to keep people out.

Rules like these are meant purely to substitute for lacked SA and/or skills.

Luckily they aren't really rules and it is really fun to break them in front of people who think they are rules.

CYA in the AvA

PS....Look up as I will definitely be high, usually with three wingmen and I'll be the one that "picks" while my wingman is pressing you.

In the Navy, it's called Loose Deuce.

I've gotten a kick out of this thread :rofl

It's funny how the world goes full circle on you. Way back when I was probably the most vocal critic of the introduction of squads into the CT (now AVA) since it seriously eroded the old school "code" many of flew by. Now a number of years later some of those same souls are confronting the same issues. I think its a simple reality that as your overall plane handling and knowledge of ACM grows you gravitate more and more toward a true test of both...not simply for grudge or bragging rights but for the simple joy of a well fought engagement.

This is always counter balanced by misguided folks who seem to equate a numerical and positional advantage with some true semblance of skill.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson