Author Topic: Purple Arena:  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Purple Arena:
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 07:36:57 PM »
What I don't get is why is the eny for it at 15 some as something like the P38J. It needs to be set at 5 or have a perk on it.

Hush you.

:)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »

Either way, I've been finding the MW to be quite a relief from the pandamonium found in the LW.

Despite the Hurri C !!  lol

I was surprised to see the Hurricane IIc was that popular.  Looking over my stats from last tour, I encountered the Zeke, Hellcat, Bf 109F, FW190A-5, F4U and Spitfire Mk IX a lot more than I've run into the Hurricane IIc.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:59 PM »
Hush you.

:)

Dont tell me to hush you bomber dweeb! :furious

:D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 08:03:17 AM »
Didn't watch what-his-names film. Noticed he talks about HOin. Since I did not watch his film I do not know if he did or didn't. But in films you can go from one plane to another and see what was happening. Most that Ho, you can see them press forward on the stick trying to spray the other guy that is ducking the HO. You can also see if the other guy says anything about Hoing.

In any case I don't feel the need to check the stats between us as all I am in the game for is the fight. If you fight ...great..... if you Ho and won't fight then your just boring to have around.

I find I have my best nights flying aggressive, live or die, just plain fun. Last night I got into a 3 vs 1 (two 38s and a 109) on the deck and killed them. A high spit came over and I started moving away from it and the base. He had about 6000 ft on me. As I moved away 4 more upped (spit, 190, 109 and 38) first spit moved away and 38 went somewhere else. The other three followed out a bit till I turned on them. The 190 zoomed by and went long, I gave the 109 a glancing blow as I was watching the spit moving in. The spit was low E so I saddled up on the 109 just as the 190 came in and .............. Hey look.... I'm in the tower....   :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »
I wonder how many of the P-38Js kills in the MW are GVs?

It can carry those 1000lbers and rockets, which probably makes it one of the more effective attack planes in the MW set.

Is there a way to see a comparison check between a planes GV and air kills?

Of course there is: Kill stats in expanded format.

In MW tour 105, 9.58% of all P38J kills were GV's and PT boats.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 10:30:29 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 10:49:12 AM »
Didn't watch what-his-names film. Noticed he talks about HOin. Since I did not watch his film I do not know if he did or didn't. But in films you can go from one plane to another and see what was happening. Most that Ho, you can see them press forward on the stick trying to spray the other guy that is ducking the HO. You can also see if the other guy says anything about Hoing.

Well, I (what's his name) have provided you my film that in my opinion shows that I got you cleanly.  The 200 buffer will then show you making a crack along the lines of "I thought I was going to get a good fight" or something along those lines, which seemed to be you inferring that I had done something wrong.  When in fact, I just manged to fill your cockpit full of bullets after one turn.  Lucky for me, not so much for you.

I'm still looking for films of me at 15k trying to pick Ak-Ak...  Can't find any in my Films folder, but I'll admit that I do use auto film and if there is nothing worth learning from during a sortie or nothing with potential for a high light film, I cancel the save.  So, I guess I'll leave it up to you or Ak-AK to provide a film of me picking from 15k.

This is the closest I could find.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ea9273c6ecfdbe5d91b20cc0d07ba4d2e20cb77afc8429c9

From my perspective, Ak-Ak was probably too busy running his mouth and wasn't paying attention.  But this doesn't qualify as a pick in my book.  That and I wasn't anywhere near 15k.

Whatever.  Ak-Ak still owes me an apology, but I doubt that he mans up and admits that I wasn't the one doing what he accuses me of doing. 

lol

EDIT TO ADD:  If it helps you to search your films, the one with Ak-Ak accusing me of running from him (incorrectly) was saved at 8:06pm CST on Nov 30th.  You can look in your films folder for films with a DATE MODIFIED near to that one.  That might speed up your search.  :salute
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:03:12 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »

In any case I don't feel the need to check the stats between us as all I am in the game for is the fight. If you fight ...great..... if you Ho and won't fight then your just boring to have around.

I find I have my best nights flying aggressive, live or die, just plain fun. Last night I got into a 3 vs 1 (two 38s and a 109) on the deck and killed them. A high spit came over and I started moving away from it and the base. He had about 6000 ft on me. As I moved away 4 more upped (spit, 190, 109 and 38) first spit moved away and 38 went somewhere else. The other three followed out a bit till I turned on them. The 190 zoomed by and went long, I gave the 109 a glancing blow as I was watching the spit moving in. The spit was low E so I saddled up on the 109 just as the 190 came in and .............. Hey look.... I'm in the tower....   :D

I was the 109 and since I didn't have a gun solution I didn't consider it a ho, you turned that thing around alot quicker than I expected and all of a sudden you were headed towards me, I tried to get a solution on you not to fire but to keep you from firing on me but didn't quite get my nose around in time. I am trying different planes and man that thing does not have much in the way of view.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »
Its kinda sad.

AK-AK is an absolutely phenomenal stick, among the best in the game easy, and its all overshadowed by his piss poor attitude.

He almost never loses, 9/10 times if you come up against him you lose, but any time someone actually manages to shoot him down, he cant just let it go, and god forbit let the other guy have a proud moment.  Nope, he has to blow up for all to see, accusing the guy of being a picker, a HO, or a gang tard.. something, ANYTHING.. no respect, no self control.

If he put half the effort into controlling his words as he does at controlling that 38, he might be known more as an amazing pilot, and less as a mouthy hot head.

That's all I have to say about that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:50:06 AM by Wingnutt »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
If I call a Ho then in my view it was a Ho. That move or lack there of has become prominent in MW as of late. Entropy actually got a kill on me last night... did a good job (he was in a 38 too).
 As for you being at 15 k I have no idea...... alot of the bish were way up there. Some guy named nico or something or other was way up there. Every time he shot me latter that night and every time I was engaged. But that's ok everyone needs to get a kill some time. Nisr kept whining about me being high but I only caught him low twice. I was only at 5 k and he was lower in buffs. Another time I was at 10k and he was at 12k. Only reason I was 10 is I had to climb to a hog that I had just finished off.

I do get a kick out of the guys that say someone had no gun solution on them when in fact the other guy was ducking the Ho. I rarely film so I have no idea of the time you speak of. Evidently it didn't rate very high on the things to remember though.

I do remember good fights for some time afterward. Sorry if I can't remember any of them with you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
If I call a Ho then in my view it was a Ho. That move or lack there of has become prominent in MW as of late. Entropy actually got a kill on me last night... did a good job (he was in a 38 too).

Well I posted the film from my point of view.  So I guess we'll just let people who watch it make the call.

As for you being at 15 k I have no idea......

Glad to see you are backing away from Ak-Ak's ridiculous claim that I was floating around at 15k trying to pick him.

I do get a kick out of the guys that say someone had no gun solution on them when in fact the other guy was ducking the Ho. I rarely film so I have no idea of the time you speak of.

Anyone who wants to see what happened will watch the film.

I do remember good fights for some time afterward. Sorry if I can't remember any of them with you.

I never have claimed to be a good stick.  You see, I don't suffer form the ego issues that some people in this game suffer from.

But whatever, it doesn't matter.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 12:57:25 PM »
Umm backing away?? I never said who it was at 15k at that point. Folks can watch that film and make their own determination. As far as ego..... I probably auger at my home field as often as I get killed in fights. No one is unbeatable (said like Hakeem). I also enjoy flying through hangars at enemy bases while their flaks spray away.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
 As for you being at 15 k I have no idea...... alot of the bish were way up there. Some guy named nico or something or other was way up there. Every time he shot me latter that night and every time I was engaged. But that's ok everyone needs to get a kill some time. Nisr kept whining about me being high but I only caught him low twice. I was only at 5 k and he was lower in buffs. Another time I was at 10k and he was at 12k. Only reason I was 10 is I had to climb to a hog that I had just finished off.

I do get a kick out of the guys that say someone had no gun solution on them when in fact the other guy was ducking the Ho. I rarely film so I have no idea of the time you speak of. Evidently it didn't rate very high on the things to remember though.

I'm making reference to the fact that I didn't consider your shot a Ho since I was unable to shoot back. It was a fair shot. If in fact your referring to what I said in my post.

Big deal if anyone is above 10K . I always thought the point was to shoot the other guy down , besides if your hunting Buffs most are at 10K and above. The whining from players about picking, vulching and the rest is pointless. I don't care to be hoed but I do on occasion if in the 110 or mossie it's part of the game. I do however think purposely ramming is unacceptable. I get a kick when they say it was on accident but the next flight into the area either someone else is complains about the guy ramming them or they RAM you again. I should say hoing and finishing it off with a ram for good measure.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »
Its kinda sad.

AK-AK is an absolutely phenomenal stick, among the best in the game easy, and its all overshadowed by his piss poor attitude.

He almost never loses, 9/10 times if you come up against him you lose, but any time someone actually manages to shoot him down, he cant just let it go, and god forbit let the other guy have a proud moment.  Nope, he has to blow up for all to see, accusing the guy of being a picker, a HO, or a gang tard.. something, ANYTHING.. no respect, no self control.

If he put half the effort into controlling his words as he does at controlling that 38, he might be known more as an amazing pilot, and less as a mouthy hot head.

(Image removed from quote.)
That's all I have to say about that.

Well, don't pick, HO, gang him and you can have your proud moment  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »
lol BP was not refering to your post :) <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
lol BP was not refering to your post :) <S>

Roger