Author Topic: Fix the Collisions.........  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Fix the Collisions.........
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
Please make Collisions more realistic, BOTH aircraft no matter who is at fault either by a Hoing, colliding, kamikaze, should share the respective damage and die in disgust equally......  There are just too many Gamey collisions where only one will be damaged the other will be unscathed. 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Fix the Collisions.........
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
It's more gamey to make you pay for a penalty you didn't earn.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
Please make Collisions more realistic, BOTH aircraft no matter who is at fault either by a Hoing, colliding, kamikaze, should share the respective damage and die in disgust equally......  There are just too many Gamey collisions where only one will be damaged the other will be unscathed. 
Ahhahhahahahaahah
Cut and Paste from another thread.

Tangle's external from his front end the moment of impact.

Same basic angle external, tangle's view from my front end moment of impact.

How would you feel taking damage looking at your film and seeing tangles front end view, hmmmmmm?

I know I'd be pretty POed.

This also works nicely for the "none should take damage" people.

Yea I should be able to put the nose of my ac through another.

Don't hit nothing wont be nothing.
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »
It's more gamey to make you pay for a penalty you didn't earn.

exactly my point, It seems as though there are a few that have mastered how to do it without any repercussions on the offender part, when I get the message that player A has collided yet I am the one in the tower is ludicrous.

EDIT:
Bronk, using your example, they both should have been towered.  But I would bet that only one did. 

Which view was decided by the computer that "collided" with the other?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:04:52 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
exactly my point, It seems as though there are a few that have mastered how to do it without any repercussions on the offender part, when I get the message that player A has collided yet I am the one in the tower is ludicrous.
Pictures not enough for you? :rofl :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »

When you ONLY see a message "Player A has collided with you" you do not take damage from collision. Never.
If you still end up in tower, you simply have been shot.

And if HTC would ever, in a weird sense of humor, implement the "both should go down" for just one day, the players now demanding such thing would be the very first to flood the BBS: "WTF? He did fly 100 ft away from me and suddenly I go down by collision?? FIX IT"

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:05:30 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
DG, you only have to dodge em on your screen. It doesnt matter what devious things they do on theirs... If you get a consistent abuse of warps, mail em in or something. The collision model is as good as it's gonna get with the internet as it is.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:07:35 PM »
When you ONLY see a message "Player A has collided with you" you do not take damage from collision. Never.
If you still end up in tower, you simply have been shot.

And if HTC would ever, in a weird sense of humor, implement the "both should go down" for just one day, the players now demanding such thing would be the very first to flood the BBS: "WTF? He did fly 100 ft away from me and suddenly I go down by collision?? FIX IT"

What if you see both?  Player A has Collided and You have been shot....

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
In real life, there were many occasions when planes would collide, but not both would be downed. I do think the collision modeling is essed up something though, when someone's coming down to pick me, THEY run into ME, and it says I collide.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 04:11:29 PM »

EDIT:
Bronk, using your example, they both should have been towered.  But I would bet that only one did. 

Which view was decided by the computer that "collided" with the other?
No, I did the hit I took the damage, tangle flew off untouched.
Your front end determines if you collide. If any part of your AC touches another You get "You have collided." in orange. The other guy gets a PM from your front end informing them why you went poof.

Why should tangle take damage? On his front end he was no where near me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:13:49 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »
In real life, there were many occasions when planes would collide, but not both would be downed. I do think the collision modeling is essed up something though, when someone's coming down to pick me, THEY run into ME, and it says I collide.
LOOK AT THE GD PICTURES... it's self explanatory.

Edit: lusche could you link the trainers page? That gives the best explanation.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »

Please note that "You have collided" just means that there was a collision on your Front End (=screen).
It doesn't mean it's your fault, that you did actively fly into someone else, it's not putting the blame on anyone.

AH Training Corps Website: How lag affects Aces High
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:16:10 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »

Seen it many times,,,, its getting old.  I even have experimented on merges where I dont fire or move the stick completely nose on and  I get the tower.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »
No, I did the hit I took the damage, tangle flew off untouched.
Your front end determines if you collide. If any part of your AC touches another You get "You have collided." in orange. The other guy gets a PM from your front end informing them why you went poof.

Why should tangle take damage? On his front end he was no where near me.

Then how can My wing break off when it clearly says player A collided with me and he flys away unscathed?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
Seen it many times,,,, its getting old.  I even have experimented on merges where I dont fire or move the stick completely nose on and  I get the tower.

Remember due to latency your opponents aircraft is not where you see him. On his front end he is so many milliseconds ahead of where you see him.
See Rule #4